FloorWax reviews every TVUS Winner's Journey (Season 22 Posted!)

FloorWax

31 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

So, as will be customary from this point, would anyone be so kind as to list some essential Season 6 performances?

Josh Kaufman- Stay With Me

Christina Grimmie- Hold On We’re Going Home

Contestants you should check out- Josh Kaufman, Christina Grimmie, Sisaundra Lewis, Kat Perkins, Kristen Merlin, Audra McLaughlin

Also…. Morgan Wallen sang One Direction this season

Watch some Round 2 Battles this season as well (Sisaundra vs Biff, Christina vs Sam, Jake vs Tess, Delvin vs Josh)

Edited by Cookie73

32 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

So, as will be customary from this point, would anyone be so kind as to list some essential Season 6 performances?

Josh Kaufman - Stay With Me

Josh Kaufman - Love Runs Out

Sisaundra Lewis - Ain’t No Way

Sisaundra Lewis - Oh Sherrie

Kristen Merlin - Foolish Games

Kat Perkins - Paris (Ooh La La)

Bria Kelly - Steamroller Blues (yeah ik she kinda flopped after this but this is still one of my favorite BAs)

I’m a Josh stan primarily, but Sisaundra is possibly my favorite TB contestant ever?

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah, I’m gonna listen to every Josh performance anyway but thanks for the other recommendations!

I don’t think you will be disappointed with his run. He had a lot of very strong performances throughout the competition. I think Christina would be the best person to compare him to, since the season had the most disliked runner up here

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Sisaundra Lewis- "Ain't No Way"

Sisaundra Lewis- "New York State of Mind"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, erik g said:

Sisaundra Lewis- "Ain't No Way"

Sisaundra Lewis- "New York State of Mind"

8 minutes ago, jarmon said:

And Sisaundra Lewis - “Oh Sherrie”

Team Waffle supporters didn't disappoint me :giggle:

Edited by allistr
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I thought the way she performed definitely exuded passion. She didn’t growl or wail or do cool vocal tricks like that, but I don’t think she needed to do that to show she meant what she was singing. I think we just have different preferences with regards to “clean” powerhouses vs the ones like Dana Monique so let’s just agree to disagree.

yeah happy to agree to disagree (we disagree most of the time anyway 😭)! but actually i do think that i prefer smooth voices for powerhouses (Kyla !!!) ? but i’m not sure i’ve never stanned an r&b powerhouse live. for pop powerhouses lindsay and gihanna have smooth voices but gih does those voice cracks so idk

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

EVERY Kat Perkins song. favorite is “Open Arms” but highly recommend listening to more than just that

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Regarding S6, honestly, I dug Morgan Wallen's voice on the show. Very raspy and gravelly, would have been good for alternative rock.

His BA was an odd fit for his voice but strangely it kinda worked.

No shade (well maybe shade) but I really can’t remember anything else lol

4 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Josh Kaufman- Stay With Me

Christina Grimmie- Hold On We’re Going Home

Contestants you should check out- Josh Kaufman, Christina Grimmie, Sisaundra Lewis, Kat Perkins, Kristen Merlin, Audra McLaughlin

Also…. Morgan Wallen sang One Direction this season

Watch some Round 2 Battles this season as well (Sisaundra vs Biff, Christina vs Sam, Jake vs Tess, Delvin vs Josh)

TESS BOYER HUMAN >>>> 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Regarding S6, honestly, I dug Morgan Wallen's voice on the show. Very raspy and gravelly, would have been good for alternative rock.

NGL, I loved his BA of Collide and I believe to this day, if he had picked Shakira, lover of raspy voices, as his coach, he would have made the live rounds.

Tess is amazing, I’m glad you praised the reggae performances the most, which never got enough love. I’m also not that into “award-show-type” performances, but BOTW is just too good - can’t get over that ending.

S6 is one of the weakest among the older seasons, but it still has some gems:

Dani Moz - Edge of Glory

Clarissa Serna - Zombie

Kristen Merlin - Two Black Cadillacs 

Dawn & Hawkes - I’ve Just Seen a Face (GNT fans will enjoy this one)

Every Christina performance is worth watching, except maybe Some Nights

Everything else has already been mentioned.

Edited by Daillon
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We're Going Home, How To Love, Wrecking Ball, I Won't Give Up

Josh Kaufman - Stay With Me, Love Runs Out, It Will Rain, Signed, Sealed, Delivered vs Delvin Choice

Sisaundra Lewis - Ain't No Way, This Is A Mans Mans Mans World vs Biff Gore, New York State Of Mine

Bria Kelly - Steamroller Blues

Clarissa Serna - Zombie, Cold As Ice vs Jeremy Briggs

Emily B. - Wicked Games

Audra McLaughlin - Angel From Montgomery, A Broken Wing

Kat Perkins - Gold Dust Woman, Open Arms, Paris Ooh La La, Get Lucky, Barracuda

Melissa Jimenez - Give It To Me Right vs Brittnee Camelle

Madilyn Paige - Everything Has Changed vs Tanner James

Jake Worthington - Have A Little Faith In Me vs Tess Boyer

Dani Moz - The Edge Of Glory

Kristen Merlin - Two Black Cadillac's, Let Her Go, Foolish Games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dani’s Edge of Glory was soooo good, underrated contestant tbh. Shakira actually had a pretty good team, but I guess not that strong vote wise and she messed up the song choices anyway.

Also yeah if you’re going to watch a Jake performance, his battle was pretty good and not just cause of Tess, I thought he did well on his own.

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

Just now, nytsch said:

Dani’s Edge of Glory was soooo good, underrated contestant tbh. Shakira actually had a pretty good team, but I guess not that strong vote wise and she messed up the song choices anyway.

Her Top 3 consisted of two contestants with Audition montages and the other had both battles montaged. Not to mention Kristen’s bad luck continuing in the Lives 

I do remember a lot of Shakira’s decisions in the battles being controversial (both Round 1 battle steals, Ddendyl’s elimination). 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I can see why anyone would think that.

Aside from GITFF/Hallelujah/MDYK?, I think he sang Halo with a lot of emotion and passion as well. That's one of my favs from him.

Rewatched his performances after I made that comment. I'd say it was his prelives and Somebody to love are what my original comment applies to. 

I'd say MDYK is his best performance if we're talking about emotion.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 4:41 AM, Hsamid said:

Rewatched his performances after I made that comment. I'd say it was his prelives and Somebody to love are what my original comment applies to. 

I'd say MDYK is his best performance if we're talking about emotion.

That song isn't for me, but he was most emotionally connected to that song during the season, no doubt.

But I'm not sure what he thinks about his most emotional performance bc his personal favorite performance was "Halo," and I think it was really emotional as well.

WiF6fza.jpeg

I think @QueenMae16 might be the only one here who has Halo as #1 fav from Jordan, almost all of us have STL as our #1 fav from him.

• Like 2