FloorWax reviews every TVUS Winner's Journey (Season 22 Posted!)

FloorWax

34 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

i think ive made peace with the fact that sorelle is squarely just... not really my thing. i loved their audition – as someone who composes/arranges for an a cappella group, their approach to developing the arrangement for the song was so complex and refreshing – and their battle round was really strong, but they so quickly tumbled into what i think might be the most dated the voice act... maybe ever? the song choices, the presentation, they just... did nothing for me after a certain point. i wish they did more modern songs and i wish they took a less old-fashioned (pun intended) approach to the more modern songs they did on their own. it never felt truly authentic to me unfortunately:/ much respect for them though!!

I feel the same way. Strong audition but  everything after that was extremely bland and lifeless.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

I actually thought Fallin was their best one, they kinda slayed there. Not saying certain parts weren’t messy but honestly that was my favorite performance of the SF.

I liked Million Reasons too, at least up until the end lol.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I feel the same way. Strong audition but  everything after that was extremely bland and lifeless.

probably one of my favorite auditions of the season and one of my fave battles as well but yeah i don’t think their song choices after that worked.. they lacked the soul especially for ko/po — they’re very poppy/pitch-perfect vibes which means some song choices will feel karaoke 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

probably one of my favorite auditions of the season and one of my fave battles as well but yeah i don’t think their song choices after that worked.. they lacked the soul especially for ko/po — they’re very poppy/pitch-perfect vibes which means some song choices will feel karaoke 

omg they should have sang “the sign” by ace of base 🤣

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

I know you didnt take off show work into account when making your list, But looks like you'll have no choice after Bryce Leatherwood's country masterpiece.

Gotta move him up at least 18 spots after that!

• Haha 2