FloorWax reviews every TVUS Winner's Journey (Season 22 Posted!)

FloorWax

28 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

also didn’t like her KO as much as her battle confused why people like her KO so much

Yeah…

Probably a different reason than you but I honestly just did not enjoy her tone much in that song, it wasn’t very pleasant to my ear. I can see why people like it though.

11 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Yeah…

Probably a different reason than you but I honestly just did not enjoy her tone much in that song, it wasn’t very pleasant to my ear. I can see why people like it though.

Funnily enough that’s how I feel about her SF :dead:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Yeah…

yeah i get why it’s impressive i just disliked her vocal choices

Just now, AliXRose said:

Lisa Simpson School GIF by The Simpsons

Wendy Moten is a LEGEND.

Ain't No Way is the best KO of the season and probably one of the best ever on The Voice. Over The Rainbow might be the best live performance EVER.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

Honestly, based on the last few weeks, (and entire run, tbh) Wendy should have won 100%. She was robbed. Her KO is one the best KO's ever, and her Semifinal and both Finale performances (Yeah, both) were top tier. She is one of the best vocalists that has ever graced this show and all of us should be grateful for having the chance of being blessed with listening to her wonderful voice. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Honestly, based on the last few weeks, (and entire run, tbh) Wendy should have won 100%. She was robbed. Her KO is one the best KO's ever, and her Semifinal and both Finale performances (Yeah, both) were top tier. She is one of the best vocalists that has ever graced this show and all of us should be grateful for having the chance of being blessed with listening to her wonderful voice. 

Wrong.  Wendy shouldn't have won based on the last few weeks or the entire run.  She took WAY too long to finally turn it on.  She held back for WAY too long in her early performances.  She should've been on blast the entire run.  I fully support Girl Named Tom beating her in the end because they were the ones consistently on.  NOT Wendy.

There's not a single person I've seen on this show more overrated than Wendy Moten.  My God.  Must I always endure such praise of her EVERYWHERE I GO ON THIS BOARD?!  The woman was in her fifties, had decades of experience, and she takes, really, until the Lives to really turn on what she's made of?!  She's not bringing out what's in her arsenal from jump?  That's not someone worthy to me!

And yet . . . I see post after post after ridiculous post essentially calling her the next best thing since sliced bread.  Gah.

Did she have a big, powerful voice?  Yes.  Did I ever feel anything from her performances?  Nope.  I did from Hailey.  I did from Paris.  I did from Joshua.  I did from Jim & Sasha.  I did from Lana.  At times, I did from Jershika.  And I especially did from Girl Named Tom.  But there was something too refined and too perfect about Wendy, so I never felt anything until "Over the Rainbow."

I feel like if I hear one more bit of praise from her, I am going to LOSE IT!

. . . Whew.  Finally glad to get it out.

You all may carry on.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Lisa Simpson School GIF by The Simpsons

Wendy Moten is a LEGEND.

Ain't No Way is the best KO of the season and probably one of the best ever on The Voice. Over The Rainbow might be the best live performance EVER.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

29 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Preach GIF

30 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Wrong.  Wendy shouldn't have won based on the last few weeks or the entire run.  She took WAY too long to finally turn it on.  She held back for WAY too long in her early performances.  She should've been on blast the entire run.  I fully support Girl Named Tom beating her in the end because they were the ones consistently on.  NOT Wendy.

There's not a single person I've seen on this show more overrated than Wendy Moten.  My God.  Must I always endure such praise of her EVERYWHERE I GO ON THIS BOARD?!  The woman was in her fifties, had decades of experience, and she takes, really, until the Lives to really turn on what she's made of?!  She's not bringing out what's in her arsenal from jump?  That's not someone worthy to me!

And yet . . . I see post after post after ridiculous post essentially calling her the next best thing since sliced bread.  Gah.

Did she have a big, powerful voice?  Yes.  Did I ever feel anything from her performances?  Nope.  I did from Hailey.  I did from Paris.  I did from Joshua.  I did from Jim & Sasha.  I did from Lana.  At times, I did from Jershika.  And I especially did from Girl Named Tom.  But there was something too refined and too perfect about Wendy, so I never felt anything until "Over the Rainbow."

You all may carry on.

Relax GIF by LeVar Burton

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Rodney said:

You gotta leave this forum forever if you don't want to hear more praise for her because she is 100% gonna be praised here until the end of time. And guess what? She deserves it.

I'm not gonna change your mind and you are not change mine, so let's drop it here. Have the day you deserve ^_^

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You all may carry on.

Praise, praise, praise! Wendy is awesome! :w00twave:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

because she is 100% gonna be praised here until the end of time. And guess what? She deserves it.

I know that that's what you want to believe.  But she doesn't.

Counter that if you can.

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

All this praise for Wendy is beautiful :wub:. Let's add some more 

@QueenMae16 @StarWalker1 @jayshon @B-B @RTV  @Bk1234Let people know how much Wendy is loved here :yes:

Wendy be slaying every round, not anything was under a 9 for her, and half the time she delivered moments. Would be a fool to deny her vocal talent and level of class she has. 

• Like 5

Wendy is still living rent free in the minds of some of y'all. :haha:

She is one of the best vocalists EVER on this show, this isn't even up for debate.

She was consistently delivering masterclass vocals, and that finale performance alone was a SHOWSTOPPER! 

Like her or not, you can't say she wouldn't have been a deserving winner. She totally would've been, and was robbed IMO. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Maxwell said:

Wendy is still living rent free in the minds of some of y'all. :haha:

She is one of the best vocalists EVER on this show, this isn't even up for debate.

She was consistently delivering masterclass vocals, and that finale performance alone was a SHOWSTOPPER! 

Like her or not, you can't say she wouldn't have been a deserving winner. She totally would've been, and was robbed IMO. 

She probably should have won, but I have to stay consistent after what I said about Todd winning. I think it’s better for the show that the younger, more marketable GNT won. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, it largely irrelevant. It’s only a TV show, and it was two years ago. We take this sh*t too seriously sometimes. 

Yeah, but with no season airing and no spoilers, at least these discussions are entertaining.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

She probably should have won, but I have to stay consistent after what I said about Todd winning. I think it’s better for the show that the younger, more marketable GNT won. 

I can see where you are coming from with this, tbh.

Anyway, both Wendy and GNT are still making a living out of their music, like they did before the show (maybe with some new fans). As long as they are all happy with their lives and doing what they love, it's ok. 

• Like 3

There are parts of Wendy´s journey that interested me way more than others, for sure, which is why I can´t call her my favorite of the season. (GNT was). 

I would say though, that there are enough arguments to consider her to be the best technical vocalist this show has had in 23 seasons. For real. Either her or Sissaundra, perhaps. Sadly, life circumstances didn´t pan out for them as well as they could have, since I think they very well could be mentioned in the caliber of Patti Labelle, Whitney Houston (I know Wendy has recieved a lot of comparisons to her, but didn´t make it nearly as big), Celine Dion, etc. 

I didn´t know Wendy before spoilers for S22 were announced, but after her name was revealed and I did some digging, I was honestly pretty surprised that someone like her would go on a show like this. 

• Like 2

Andddd this is what I meant when I said I’d do the other finalists from least to most polarizing :giggle:

I don’t want to continue fueling this discussion so I’ll just say that while I think Wendy is properly rated, it doesn’t matter if others don’t think the same. Don’t be doing too much.

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Don’t be doing too much.

i know this is at me LOL but i will say i def think she’s one of the strongest vocalists on the show, it’s just that she’s not for me. like there’s very little texture to her voice so it feels kind of same-y sometimes. i just feel like a lot of other powerhouses had more ~flavour~ to their singing (Kyla, Jershika, Rose, Tish).

but her blind / battle combo is one of the best of all-time. only one from that season i can think of that might rival it is Bella’s (there’s prob a few more based on personal preference too)