• Alicia Keys
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • John Legend
    • Camila Cabello
    • Ariana Grande

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

What's up with making the voters name public? What if I want to troll and wanna vote for Nick? Now I can't because everybody would know it was me who did it. :/

WAIT I JUST NOTICED THAT 😭 I voted for Camila/ Ariana just bc I wanted them to get some votes even tho Ik damn well it’s Jhud or Kelly is the best ☠️ 

• Like 1

These 3 are very close vocally
1. Kelly (The most well rounded vocalist on the list (belting, growl, low notes, high notes, dynamics, head voice, falsetto, and vocal agility are all on point). She also can hit whistle notes.
2. Jhud (More powerful than Kelly but she's less agile)
3. Ariana (More agile than Kelly, strong belting technique, ease on hitting high notes, can hit whistle notes) 

4. John (Resonant belts)
5. Miley (Killer low notes, solid mid-high belts)
6. Xtina (If not for her straining belts, she would easily get 4th) She has killer falsetto and vocal agility.
7. Camilla/Alicia Keys
8. Blake
9. Adam Levine/ Nick Jonas
10. Gwen
11. Shakira

I'm not familiar with CeeLo, Usher and Pharrel. 

• Like 2

kelly just bc she seems like she's the most versatile.

jhud is a vocal BEAST though, and in a head to head vocal, i think jhud could outsing kelly just on the basis of her power. her vocals carry more impact imo.

christina makes a strong case as well, but is to me a tier below those two. ariana is a little below christina imo since her belts seem to carry little impact, but she has insane range. 

• Like 2

Christina at her best you could argue is the most impressive. In terms of agility and rasp I think she has everyone beat. But she's just far more inconsistent than Jennifer, Kelly or Ariana. Her bad performances are noticeably worse than either of the 3.

I'd also rank Jennifer 4th, 3rd at best. She has the strongest belts but she's the least versatile of the 4 in terms of singing different genres and what she can do with her voice. Her agility while it has improved in recent years, 

is the worst of the 4 and her falsetto doesn't compare to Ariana or Kelly. Her range is 3rd just ahead of Christina ig.

Edited by Hsamid

19 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Christina at her best you could argue is the most impressive. In terms of agility and rasp I think she has everyone beat. But she's just far more inconsistent than Jennifer, Kelly or Ariana. Her bad performances are noticeably worse than either of the 3.

I'd also rank Jennifer 4th, 3rd at best. She has the strongest belts but she's the least versatile of the 4 in terms of singing different genres and what she can do with her voice. Her agility while it has improved in recent years, 

is the worst of the 4 and her falsetto doesn't compare to Ariana or Kelly. Her range is 3rd just ahead of Christina ig.

No, Christina's range is higher than Kelly and JHud.

Ariana, I believe, has a little more than 4 octaves, Christina is 4 octaves, and Kelly is a little less than 4 octaves.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

No, Christina's range is higher than Kelly and JHud.

Ariana, I believe, has a little more than 4 octaves, Christina is 4 octaves, and Kelly is a little less than 4 octaves.

Ah thanks. Was just going off what I've heard. Does Christina have a whistle, high falsetto register in not aware of or does she just sing lower than the other 2 which would be more in line with what I've heard.

As someone who isnt into her music (just not my thing), Kelly is unreal. Give the girl almost any genre and she'll feel right at home.

Its also clear that she listens to a bit of everything, hence she understands how to sing a certain genre without it feeling forced.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Ah thanks. Was just going off what I've heard. Does Christina have a whistle, high falsetto register in not aware of or does she just sing lower than the other 2 which would be more in line with what I've heard.

Yes. Both Christina and Ariana can sing in the 7th octave/have whistle register. Kelly and JHud can't.

But of course that's not what determines who's better, there are many other things that put Xtina at the top for me. 

Btw, I said it on another thread, it's between these four, and you can't go wrong here. It's just the matter of what metrics you use to rank them.

21 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yes. Both Christina and Ariana can sing in the 7th octave/have whistle register. Kelly and JHud can't.

But of course that's not what determines who's better, there are many other things that put Xtina at the top for me. 

Btw, I said it on another thread, it's between these four, and you can't go wrong here. It's just the matter of what metrics you use to rank them.

I'm pretty sure I saw videos of them utilizing whistle register tho 
Also, Isn't whistle register generally start at high C or a little above it (C6/D6)? At least thats what the internet and my vocal teacher said. Many people disregard singers whistle register just because they don't reach the 7th octave. If it's airy, disconnected, very thin, and go above C6/D6, it's most likely whistle register, as opposed to super head voice which sounds fuller and connected. cmiiw

56 minutes ago, Archanium said:

I'm pretty sure I saw videos of them utilizing whistle register tho 
Also, Isn't whistle register generally start at high C or a little above it (C6/D6)? At least thats what the internet and my vocal teacher said. Many people disregard singers whistle register just because they don't reach the 7th octave. If it's airy, disconnected, very thin, and go above C6/D6, it's most likely whistle register, as opposed to super head voice which sounds fuller and connected. cmiiw

I'm not sure on this one tho, but maybe that's because I don't follow them and don't know about that particular video where they hit it. The ones I saw, I wouldn't call it a complete note. It's just sometimes a singer screech* (e.g. Jordan hit a Bb5 in STL when the guitarist was playing Guitar, but I don't consider it as a complete note).

*Like this Bb6 at the end

You're right on the second part tho. I've always considered Shi'Ann Jones' G#6 as a whistle note, so yeah that's what I think as well. There are multiple examples of singers singing the same note, but sometimes with HV, and sometimes with W, but I said that to not make things more complicated. Should've separated 7th from W.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

15 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'd just let out Nick Jonas instead of putting "Camila Cabello/Ariana Grande" like, c'mon 

But i assume that the votes for that option are because of Ariana, anyway. Camila is not bad but, you know...

Ariana is def the better vocalist but they have very similar technique and agility & runs