Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

l-intro-1610617642.jpg

As I want to cut from other shows that are not Survivor or Big Brother or Idol, in order to ensure that we are not stuck with a bunch of shows that none of us are not familiar with & this is why I am cutting Dino Angelo Luciano from the rankdown.  As the winner of the 8th season of Masterchef, Dino is one of my least favourite winner of the show - I do not hate dislike him or anything but he's one of the winner that excite me the least. Honestly, I barely remember anything he has done on the show but this is also due to the fact that I think the 8th season of Masterchef is one of the least exciting one, or at least, in my opinion.  While Dino is known for his personality and his style of platting, I personally preferred the other chefs to him, including Eboni, Jason and Cate - all of them were more consistent than Dino who should not have won if we were to base it on consistency.  In other words, Dino was a dark horse in the competition and one of the least memorable winner, in my opinion.

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Tommy Sheehan
S39_Tommy_Sheehan.jpg

I just realized this guy was slipping thru the cracks and decided that enough is enough. Tommy is quite possibly one of the most boring winners the show has had, which is sort of a feat given the winner quality of the 30s. He has all the personality and excitement of just standing there and whining and that's probably the worst thing I can imagine if I have to watch a show. Add to that awful cringe elements like "Teaching Time with Tommy", disgusting plans like wanting Sp*lo at F3 and trying to pretend your win/edit in the show was a good one and you are a top tier player? I mean if he had a personality I could see it circling back to funny but he just can't pull it off. So yeah, bye bye, hope we never see you return.

James White

The Apprentice star James White exposed as a secret fittie as he strips off  for HOT topless pictures - Mirror Online

I am cutting James White because I looked up the UK winners and apparently is considered one of the worst.  He was one of the co-winners of Cycle 13, alongside Sarah Lynn who has already been eliminated.  James had a track record of 1-1 meaning he lost one and won one of his times as project manager.  He was only brought into the boardroom one other time during the season.  James' prize money was used to create a UK IT Recrtuiement firm called Right Time Recruitment.  Someone also mentioned there were allegations of fraud on James end, but upon a cursory search I can't seem to find anything. He's cute though.

MDC3 (World of Dance - Season 4)

MDC 3, World of Dance: Member Names, Age, Performances, Where Are They From?

MDC3 is a contemporary dance trio (Emma Mather, Diego Pasillas, and Madison Smith) that won the 4th and final season of World of Dance. The MDC actually stands for "Mather Dance Company" which is the studio they are from, founded and created by Emma's mom. World of Dance Season 4 was such an awkward season of television. First, it began with the warehouse auditions where the judges, Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, and Derek Hough would "surprise" the contestants by being present for the audition. The contestants were told it would be producers observing auditions and then they'd walk into the room and Jennifer Lopez would be like "ARE YOU SURPRISED TO SEE US?? ISN'T THIS WONDERFUL, SEEING US???? SEEING ME, SUPERSTAR JENNIFER LOPEZ, WHEN YOU AREN'T EXPECTING IT????? ARE YOU GOING TO CRY FROM HAPPINESS????????" and they would do that to EVERY act that auditioned... wow such cringe.

Listen, I like Jennifer Lopez as a judge a lot. She makes sense when she speaks, she knows what she likes, and I agree with her a lot. The worst judge on this show is Ne-Yo by far. But Jennifer Lopez the executive producer is not my favorite. All the things I hate about the show... the arbitrary scoring system that pretends to be objective, the Redemption Round, Ne-Yo, the winners, the cringe season 4 auditions... those are all J.Lo the executive producer's fault lol. And why do I hate the Redemption Round? Because with that they started cutting EVERY SINGLE good act in the duels just to try to encourage a dramatic Redemption Round, and ended up with 90% mediocre acts at the end of it all.

Anyway, the auditions are not the only reason why Season 4 was awkward. COVID struck in the middle of production. When they FINALLY finished the warehouse nonsense and transitioned to the more recognizable main stage... they weren't allowed to have an audience. So the acts all awkwardly performed on the big stage in front of only the judges in an empty room to SILENCE. I'm sure that in the past seasons, most audience noises were added in post-production. But silence??? It was hella awkward.

MDC3 was a good group. The dancers are extraordinary. Particularly Diego. He is that new gen of contemporary dancers that is super creative with their movement, does fusion with other dance styles like breaking/acro, and can do things I've never seen before. He's currently a huge name in the industry, and deservedly so. But I didn't think MDC3 was the best act of Season 4. Also, the fact that MDC3 got through the semi-finals doing a breast cancer routine to This Woman's Work by Maxwell???? Tell me you're a SYTYCD stan without telling me you're a SYTYCD stan. Such a bad knock-off and it was enough to get them to the finals over an actual amazing act like Jake & Chau... boo.

The finale episode was also awkward because all season the judges had been super stingy with their scores for some reason. Yes the scores are arbitrary, but I feel like you should at least PRETEND to be excited to make a good TV show. Other seasons had groups getting 99 and 100 to win. This year, MDC3 got 95.7. LOL. And they performed 2nd out of 4 acts in the finale. So the winner was in the first half of the episode, then they revealed the scores at the end and were like "oh MDC3 is the winner lol" and dropped the confetti and it was over. It was very bizarre. Did the other groups use up all their good ideas in the previous rounds??? Maybe. Jefferson y Adrianita were the runners up, and after Karen y Ricardo didn't win in a previous season, no one was rooting for the store brand version. Géométrie Variable got 3rd place but they performed last, so it was kind of anti-climactic when their routine was just okay (Géométrie Variable is now choreographing for EVERY recording artist these days, so they're fine now). Oxygen somehow got 4th even though they were my only hope for a decent winner of the season. Jake & Chau meanwhile were robbed in the semi-finals and weren't in the finale at all. 

If this show had more exciting winners, I think it would be better liked overall. In the journey to get to the winner, there are some truly mind-blowing performances. But it all seems to fizzle out by the end every time. 

I might take a break from making cuts on Survivor for a little while. I already eliminated everyone I considered the worst, and the majority left are what I consider middle-of-the-road. Hopefully there will now be some breathing room, and we will have some Survivor winners last until the end. The same is almost true of Big Brother, but I have one or two more cuts to do, before I am satisfied. I think I will skip tonight though.

I actually liked Tommy well enough but not too heartbroken over his cut. I prefer him over some Survivor winners but prefer a number of other Survivor winners over him. 

Aww I really liked and enjoyed MDC3 on WOD4. I can't really remember who my actual favorite(s) were but I was cool with them winning. :haha: But yeah I did feel like this season was so short and super rushed. And yeah, Derek does bring up a lot of truthful points on how this season was awkward with the warehouse auditions. Although I did like Ne-Yo as a judge, I liked all of the judges but I can get him being the worst judge though I never considered any of them that.  :haha: I am sad that the show ended on an awkward season, with COVID happening, and wish they could have came back and with a strong season concept-wise.... but still really enjoyed the show. Great write-up there, Derek!

• Like 1

Matt Terry 

matt-terry-7.jpg

Matthew James "Matt" Terry is a singer and songwriter. He was the winner of the thirteenth series of The X Factor UK in 2016. His debut single, "When Christmas Comes Around", peaked at number three on the UK Singles Chart. His debut album, Trouble, was released in 2017 and charted at #29 on the UK Albums Chart. "Sucker For You" was the lead single from the album and it peaked at #51. Matt auditioned for the show with the song "Stand By Me", which earned him four yeses. He was placed in the boys category, made it to the live shows, and was mentored by Nicole Scherzinger. Matt was dropped from RCA in 2018 after only one album. After that, he made his acting debut in the UK production of Madagascar: The Musical.

• Sad 1

Laura James

D7BOn5j.jpg

What a model! Laura truly took some amazing pictures, easily amongst my favorites of her cycle. In fact, the one I posted here is one of my favorites in Top Model history. It's unfortunate I couldn't stand her as a personality. Laura's storyline is one of the most fake and uninspiring "underdog" stories I've ever seen on reality tv. Laura is the daughter of a former soap star and a former model. She was proud of being a Small Town Girl and attempted to convince the audience that she's actually some inspirational underdog. Despite being on the same cycle as a plus-sized black woman, an Asian woman who escaped her abusive home at 16, a dirt poor girl who grew up in group home, and a sheltered homeschooler lol. I don't chastise Laura for having a good upbringing, she's very lucky in that way. But the way she talked about her upbringing like she had to hustle and got unfairly treated for it is just beyond tone deaf. She's a skinny, tall, blonde white woman who checks off every box for what it takes to become a successful model. She didn't luck into her good pictures, she's certainly talented. But don't bullshit me. Her victory was a cakewalk. Social media was on her side because social media was obsessed with every blonde white girl on the show (see also Kristin this season). And the judges were on her side because she's very good at what she does. I felt insulted as a viewer that her win was dressed up as some underdog story. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Laura's other main storyline along with being an Inspirational Underdog is her rivalry with Leila. I'm sure Leila is an IDF Favorite as a quirky white girl since they all are, but frankly I couldn't stand either side of this rivalry. They both accused each other of being obsessed with the other one...and they were both right. Leila wrote clingy notes to Laura begging her to choose her for the Tyra Suite and lost her mind when Laura dared to like Kristin more than her. And Laura spent every confessional bitching about how unfair the comeback twist was when Leila came back (which like...tea but also I don't care). By being paired with Kristin, Laura becomes the villain of the cycle (though avoids the majority of the villain backlash because Kristin was 10x louder (or had a bigger more villainous edit since she lost)). So Laura descended into being vaguely bitchy without any of the fun dramatics that a villain like Kristin had. She went on to win the season with little adversity. The most adversity from her was a few B2 appearances the few times she wasn't amazing? Almost missing a go-see one time? After finishing C19 I thought I might ironically appreciate Laura due to all the contradictions that make up her character. Unfortunately I'm not there yet and I'm not sure I'll ever get there.

• Sad 3

Amy Finley

Finley-Amy.jpg

Food Network Star has had some major blow ups from it's show but there is season 3 winner was Amy Finley.. She was a pretty random winner who didn't make much of win compared to the other wins of that show. I was actually surprised she was not the first winner cut from that franchise. After winning she had a show called The Gourmet Next Door and it only aired for six episodes before Finley cancelled the show and moved her family to France. I hope she is doing okay now but I think this is a pretty solid cut for this point in our game.

I really enjoyed Matt Terry and he was one of my main favorites of XFUK13. I know many people prefer Saara but I was one of those that liked both of them about equally as a top favorite that year. :haha: He's a good winner. 

Hmmm, I'm not as sad about the Laura cut as some people.... but I do totally get Alex's write-up on her. I do think Laura was a strong and great model and certainly took some great photos. Her underdog storyline compared to other models who had other and harder hardships was rather odd. Ooh and yeah her rivalry with Leila wasn't fun.... and it's odd that I liked both of them through that. I think with Laura being paired up with the worse/more evil (imo) Kristin made Laura look better to me. So without Kristin, I might have liked Laura less? IDK. :dead: 

Isaiah Firebrace

r0_0_3543_2362_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ooof so that last season of The X Factor Australia was quite a mess and it's really sad how that series ended as I really enjoyed Seasons 2 through 7 for the most part. The season was much shorter, there was a new group of judges/mentors and I felt that they didn't really gel together and most importantly, the talent.... was lackluster. When the act who I thought was the best singer/strongest talent, Natalie Ong, who closed the show with a strong performance and seemed like a big favorite, gets the fewest votes from her category and therefore eliminated, I had a feeling this season was doomed and it was. And yeah that season's first week format had the mentors' 3 acts battle against each other with the lowest vote getter from each category getting eliminated, which I hhhaaattteeddd as a format. A judge could have 3 really strong acts with the 1st, 3rd and 4th highest vote getters and that 4th highest vote getter gets eliminated. Ugh. 😐

Okay I ran off into a big tagent that I didn't mean to. Let's get to who this write-up is about and that's Isaiah Firebrace. Isaiah Firebrace won the 8th season of The X Factor Australia. Isaiah was mentored by Adam Lambert. I will say that I thought Adam was a fantastic judge, as he kept it real and honest. I can't remember him as a mentor but I'm sure he was a pretty solid mentor too. So I kinda would have liked seeing more seasons from him on this show. Back to Isaiah, he's a nice enough and likable enough kid. Again, I don't think many of the acts were that special and strong this season. I liked Natalie Ong and AYA the most, and they were cut on Weeks 1 and 2. Isaiah was one of the better singers of this season. I think he had the best showing of his season. I think his other competitors - Amalia Foy, she was alright. I didn't care for Davey Woder at all. Then Vlado Saric, he seemed like someone who made it through off of looks as he was quite a weak singer. Isaiah was a nice kid, with a nice personality & attitude with a nice voice. I think he was a nice contestant and a fine choice to win this season. But I think the poor guy probably would have been eaten alive (hope that's not too gruesome?) if he were in any of the other seasons. He probably would have made it to a cute 7th/8th place finish? I just don't think he had that proper x-factor/star quality, but I still liked him. I did root for him of all the finalists and he did win sooo.... yay for that, at least?

The songs that Isaiah sang on the live shows were the following:
Week 1: "Lay It All on Me"
Week 2: "Let It Be"
Week 3: "Happy"
Week 4: "A Change Is Gonna Come" and "FourFiveSeconds"
Week 5: "Halo," "Wake Me Up" (with Jessica Mauboy) and his winner's single of "It's Gotta Be You"

I'm not sure what Isaiah is up to now but I read that he represented Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song "Don't Come Easy", coming in 9th place, which is really cool! I will post a few of his performances below. I will post "Halo" because I love that song, his winning moment and his winner's single performance after his win below.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

937d5afe305b07bbf5e35c722c8843a9.jpg
Giuseppe Dell’Anno

Giuseppe Dell’Anno is the winner of The Great British Bake Off 2021. The show has changed a lot since it started but one thing remains.. the winner is either amazing or middle of road. Giuseppe falls in the middle of the road category. The entire series kind of fell in to that category but there seemed to be a lot of likeable bakers. Giuseppe was just boring and didn’t do anything spectacular to win the series imo. Especially next to Crystelle and Chigs, who both went from strength to strength.  Giuseppe just doesn’t stand out amongst the winners and this is a good spot for him.

REECE MASTIN

r0_0_1728_2595_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Reece Mastin is an English-born Australian singer and songwriter who won the third season of The X Factor Australia in 2011. He was mentored by Guy Sebastian. Mastin subsequently signed with Sony Music Australia. His debut single "Good Night" reached number one in Australia and New Zealand, and became Sony Music Australia's fastest-selling digital single. Mastin's self-titled debut album debuted at number two on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified double platinum. Reece was a pretty fine singer, just not someone that intrigues me at all. I just started listening to his performances and I can not say that I am impressed. I just think he maybe needed more time for his voice to develop and reach his full potential as his performances didn't impress me much. Anyway, out the Rankdown he goes.