Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Bodie beating out the prototypical Blake guy for a PV = love that for him.

Not sure who he's going to dedicate next week's performance to, but whatever he pulls off should be solid.

It's probably gonna be his wife and kids. The family man edit would be great optics for him in terms of vote-getting.

Now what could he possibly sing to them.... bodie's genre isn't really the most sentimental, so he'll probably go for another out-of-the-box song choice......

• Like 1

Just now, Teraginn said:

It's probably gonna be his wife and kids. The family man edit would be great optics for him in terms of vote-getting.

Now what could he possibly sing to them.... bodie's genre isn't really the most sentimental, so he'll probably go for another out-of-the-box song choice......

Which is great, because it's fun to get fresh songs, but also a pain in the rear because it's hard to guess what he's gonna do next.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Which is great, because it's fun to get fresh songs, but also a pain in the rear because it's hard to guess what he's gonna do next.

Ain't that the truth!

jork on the Spoiler thread mentioned that bodie's tendency to not go for the easy, typical song choices might bite bodie in the ass.... but him getting PV on a relatively obscure pop hit is a good sign. 

Heck, I think at this point he can risk covering a country ballad to really endear him to the audience more.

The possibilities are endless for this guy!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So alt rocker in blinds, R&B crooner in battles, modern pop wizard on KOs, and heartfelt balladeer on POs. He has a lot to give. Can´t wait for next week.

And none of these are subpar performances either! We stan the variety!

Any song ideas from y'all? I suddenly want him to sing Iris for some reason....

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Honestly, Glimpse of Us would have made more sense next week for dedication, but I get that he had to use it on the crucial week that is Playoffs, and it worked.

We'll see what he has for next week. I dont see him going emotional two weeks in a row.

I think it's time for him to do another alternative rock song, something that will tug at the heartstrings. I mentioned Iris before, that could work as a dedication song, and he certainly has the pipes for it.

Congrats to Bodie! I knew he was gonna get voted through regardless. I called it in my head. Maybe Facebook just wasn't that reliable as we thought? Bodie has the casual fanbase and this happened with Wendy last season when Paris had higher numbers. 

• Like 1

"He's a big piece of history of the show, so it's kind of cool to be with him on his way out and win it for him."

During rehearsals, Bodie said he noticed that Shelton "doesn't really speak up unless he has a great idea."

"I really respect that about anyone that's speaking to a creative process," he said. "He's not just saying stuff because he wants to show that he knows stuff. He's really only contributing when there needs to be contribution."

"He was a great presence and really encouraging, but he didn't say much until he had a great idea," he continued. "He said it, we made the change and it was even better after that. So I really respect him for that. Yes, he's super funny, he's easy going, but he's also really humble with how much wisdom he has. So it's been really fun to work with him in that capacity."

https://people.com/music/blake-shelton-voice-contestants-want-to-win-his-penultimate-season-for-him

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Ain't that the truth!

jork on the Spoiler thread mentioned that bodie's tendency to not go for the easy, typical song choices might bite bodie in the ass.... but him getting PV on a relatively obscure pop hit is a good sign. 

Heck, I think at this point he can risk covering a country ballad to really endear him to the audience more.

He mentioned somewhere that he'd like to do country, even God's Country. But I don't think they'd let him while Bryce is still on the team....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Ain't that the truth!

Yup.

When it comes to song choices, I'm least worried about him. He's proven every time he can make a song his own, and I can totally see him flipping a country song to suit him. At this point, there's no genre that's been done on the show that I don't see Bodie overcoming.

One of the most versatile contestants ever, and I've been around since season 10.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Teraginn said:

In celebration of bodie entering the Top 13, I have officially inducted him in my Pantheon of Golden Snowflakes™ as reflected in my signature and avatar! ❤️ 

Lol i keep thinking you're actually Bodie whenever i see your profile picture

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, monkshood said:

He mentioned somewhere that he'd like to do country, even God's Country. But I don't think they'd let him while Bryce is still on the team....

I mean, Brayden and Bryce both sang country in the POs. And I think bodie would do a good job of making a country song distinct enough to separate himself from his teammates.

9 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Yup.

When it comes to song choices, I'm least worried about him. He's proven every time he can make a song his own, and I can totally see him flipping a country song to suit him. At this point, there's no genre that's been done on the show that I don't see Bodie overcoming.

One of the most versatile contestants ever, and I've been around since season 10.

It's funny, coz when I first saw bodie's name in the spoilers, my interest was piqued, but I was hesitant to see if a staunchly indie artist like him would have the pipes to go toe-to-toe with other vocalists in a competition setting. So glad I was proven extremely wrong!

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We´re missing yeehaw Bodie. Time for a country song.

If he wants to go for sentimental country for dedication week, I think he can do a good job of modernizing Bless the Broken Road.

Cold by Chris Stapleton is on the table, not sure if he can do it next week tho. Maybe Top 10.

• Like 3