Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

Congrats bodie! Welcome to the Live Playoffs, and I hope NBC assigns a great song choice for you! We really need to get the demo voting for you like crazy!

Any ideas on what can bodie sing? I have to think on it for a bit, but I think bodie would appreciate y'all's input!

by Charlie Mason

Grade: A-

Up first, bodie was just so casual and at ease on the Post Malone cover that he chose, he could've convinced me that it had been his song all along.

this Knockout seemed to me to belong to bodie

And quirktastic bodie had just sounded so natural up there — and so, so strong; those rapid-fire rhythms! — it would've felt weird to advance anyone else.

https://tvline.com/2022/10/31/the-voice-recap-bodie-kevin-hawkins-three-way-knockouts

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FloorWax said:

If I'm being honest, even in a night with so many strong contestants, somehow Bodie's KO still stood out to me. It's still a breath of fresh air and a ton of fun.

After tonight's KO, this still holds true for sure!

So for those who missed it, bodie did a fun but extremely messy IG Live! Here's what happened (bear with me, it was very chaotic):

- he's definitely at the hotel preparing for lives, he's got his song, which is apparently a ballad (!!!!!!) and he's meeting with Blake off-camera tomorrow.

- bodie admitted that he accidentally released part 2 of his KO vlog earlier this week, which actually spoiled some yet-to-be-seen KO matchups. It's retracted for now.

- bodie again inadvertently spoiler someone's presence in the Top 16 by answering a knock at his hotel room door, letting in Kique, Rowan and a contestant that is yet to be aired! They promptly made the contestant exit the room to continue the live. Really hope bodie doesn't get into trouble for this!
- they were eventually joined by Kevin, Morgan, Eric and Parijita. So many TV guys, as bodie would put it!
- bodie expressed interest in covering God's Country. Honestly, I can see him do an alternative version of it, but it may be too huge of a risk.

That's all I can remember so far, please comment here if you saw the live and saw anything I've missed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I can see him being given a country song, and changing it up.

It depends on the flavor of country, though - get that wrong and advancing suddenly becomes a much trickier feat.

God's Country would be a fun challenge but not on the show, because striking the balance of being at least vaguely recognizable as the original song while making it true to who bodie is as an artist seems like it'd take a lot longer than a week.

• Like 2

So I checked out the song suggestions thread and pulled up the ones for bodie....

Sure Thing (Miguel)
Another Love (Tom Odell)

Lips of an Angel (Hinder)

anything from Daniel Powter

How You Remind Me (Nickelback)

STAY (The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber)
Electric Love (Børns)

Jar of Hearts (Christina Perri)
Letters From the Sky (Civil Twilight)

anything from Gavin DeGraw

This Side of Paradise (Coyote Theory)

As it Was (Harry Styles)

Some very unique and interesting suggestions here, I especially like Another Love, that certainly fits him well.

My own suggestions would be:

Used to Love (Dean Lewis and Martin Garrix)

I'm still waiting for someone to cover this on TVUS, and bodie would be perfect for it. The chorus has some belty parts that bodie would totally nail.

Always (Gavin James)

Another one I want to hear on this show.

Y'all feel free to post more suggestions here! bodie does read the forums, you know.... ;) 

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

How do we feel about Usher- You Make Me Wanna...

The runs are no problem for him.

I considered going full on R&B, but that genre, especially modern R&B, doesn't do well on the show. I'd love to see it tho. I like the idea of Usher for him, I would also like to hear him take on Nice and Slow.

The comedic timing in these videos is *chef's kiss*!

I also appreciate the constant zoom-ins to Mr. Derek Drye. This is why I stan, bodie. 😜 

I can't believe we have to wait till the show itself to find out bodie's song.... he's giving us NOTHING in terms of hints or BTS! 😢 Well, I mean we do know it's a ballad, but is it a Minivan-friendly ballad or not? Ugh, Monday can't come fast enough!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

The comedic timing in these videos is *chef's kiss*!

I also appreciate the constant zoom-ins to Mr. Derek Drye. This is why I stan, bodie. 😜 

I can't believe we have to wait till the show itself to find out bodie's song.... he's giving us NOTHING in terms of hints or BTS! 😢 Well, I mean we do know it's a ballad, but is it a Minivan-friendly ballad or not? Ugh, Monday can't come fast enough!

Bodie describes the hotel stay as being "trapped" for 8 weeks on and off over a three month period. That's probably especially difficult for contestants with spouses and children at home. Thankfully, they have a break between knockouts and lives.

I'm curious about Bodie's playoffs performance and hope he chose or was given a good song.

• Like 1