Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

Bodie's battle was recapped in "The Coaches Got It Right" section

by Mark Franklin

Team Blake

The matchup: Jaeden Luke vs. Bodie
The background: Jaeden Luke, 22, of Bothell, Wash., performed “Make It With You” by Bread for his audition and got chair turns from Blake Shelton and John Legend, the only coaches with spots remaining on their teams. Bodie, 29, of Ladera Ranch, Calif. performed “You Found Me” by The Fray and turned the chairs of all four coaches.

The song: “As Long as You Love Me” by Justin Bieber
The feedback: Gwen Stefani said she was blown away by their performance and “got lost in it.” Camila Cabello said she’d steal either singer. John Legend gave a slight edge to Bodie.
The outcome: Blake awarded the victory to Bodie. Camila fulfilled her promise, stepping in and stealing Jaeden. Gwen tried to steal him as well. Jaeden decided to join Team Camila.
My take: Bodie delivered the more powerful vocal and showed more vocal versatility. He just needs to learn to keep his eyes open, especially when singing a ballad. Jaeden’s voice is unique enough to merit that steal, though again, I wish those decisions were left until the end of the battle round.

https://idolchatteryd.com/destiny-leigh-jaeden-luke-jay-allen-rescued-on-the-voice

Edited by RTV

MJ Santilli wrote:

NBC previewed this Battle last week. Bodie was a four chair turn. Jaeden was the last person Blake put on his team. Camila promised to save Jaeden, and has been continuously flirting with him, even though he covered a terrible Bread song. He still lives with his parents and is close to his entire family. Bodie, who comes from a family of performers, finds the song choice a stretch. Blake thinks Bodie has the bigger challenge. Blake notices that Jaeden is a little off pitch at times.

Jaeden’s phrasing is interesting in spots, but his whispery tone sounds lackluster. And in this matchup, Bodie’s bold, strong tone really cuts through by comparison. He easily wins the battle.

Weirdly, Camila keeps flirting with Jaeden. She calls him “the whole package.” But she compliments Bodie as well. She would steal both singers. Gwen got lost in the performance. She calls Bodie “next level,” but finds Jaeden compelling. John prefers Jaeden’s tone, but notes his “execution isn’t all the way there.” I agree. He would pick Bodie. Blake compares Jaeden to Chris Isaak. Blake appreciates Bodie’s power. Blake picks Bodie, Camila and Gwen STEAL Jaeden. Camila flirts more to woo him. Call HR! Gwen points out that she’s “been around for a long time.” But Jaeden “can’t say no to my girlfriend.” Jaeden picks Team Camila

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-22-recap-battles-part-2-live-blog-videos.htm

Charlie Mason wrote:

Team Blake: bodie (Grade: B+) defeated Jaeden Luke (Grade: B) on “As Long as You Love Me” — Jaeden stolen by Camila

Gotta admit, this duet snuck up on me. At first, the stripped-down Bieber redo felt like sorta a snoozefest. But then bodie let loose with his full voice, as bold and clear as a red stripe on a beige wall, and I was like, “OK, over. Done. He’s got this in the bag.” He didn’t, though, because Jaeden soon proved that he was more than just a breathy vocalist and Camila flirt. His coach likened his approach to Chris Isaak’s on “Wicked Game” — never a bad thing — and his falsetto made even me think, “All right, then, he’s more than just a memorable look.”

https://tvline.com/2022/10/17/the-voice-recap-bodie-jaeden-luke-battles

Another behind-the-scenes vlog from bodie.

Also, faces featured in his vlogs about the show thus far (only those who I can ID with at least 70% confidence):

• Jaedan, of course (the most prominently featured member besides bodie himself - their bromance is absolutely delightful)
  • Kevin Hawkins
  • Jillian Jordyn
  • Ian Harrison
  • The Dryes (ngl I thought Derek was Benny for a sec, oops)
  • Jay Allen
  • Devix
  • Sasha Hurtado

Kevin's vibe is apparently "sexy leprechaun" for his battle so there's that 🍀🤪

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Thanks 2

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CkHa4RtpCNY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

bodie's latest IG live with Jaeden! Y'all better watch this before it's gone tomorrow because they dug into some BTS stuff here!

notes:

- Apparently they are both Armenian? What an interesting coincidence!

- they knew about IDF since spoiler hunting season.

- they would love to collaborate on a song, or at least do a live gig together.

- I got my 1st personal fan shoutout of the season from bodie! ❤️ 

You can really tell these guys became great friends through this process. This live was worth watching just for that.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 8:59 PM, Teraginn said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CkHa4RtpCNY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

bodie's latest IG live with Jaeden! Y'all better watch this before it's gone tomorrow because they dug into some BTS stuff here!

notes:

- Apparently they are both Armenian? What an interesting coincidence!

- they knew about IDF since spoiler hunting season.

- they would love to collaborate on a song, or at least do a live gig together.

- I got my 1st personal fan shoutout of the season from bodie! ❤️ 

You can really tell these guys became great friends through this process. This live was worth watching just for that.

I don't have Instagram. Thanks for posting notes about their IG live stories! Forging lifelong friendships is one benefit contestants probably didn't expect when they auditioned.

Edited by RTV

I've seen enough! Add me! Definitely one of the most versatile voices on the show right now! He's sounded great on pop, RnB and Alternative rock! Has some of the best range and vocal agility in the competition, and a distinct tone. Cant wait to see what else he shows us.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

Bodie's knockout was fantastic! That was a perfect song choice for him and he really shines on the song so perfectly. That was perfect and flawless! Kevin sounded fantastic and I want more falsettos from him like give me 100% full falsettos next time! Loved The Dryes as well, very sexy and steamy. Bodie won that for me hands down. He could make the finale for sure! That was a breakout moment for him and he gave us his best performance he has ever given us EVER! I am so obsessed with that song and performance! *throws shoes* R&B and alternative rock is perfect for him! 

• Like 1

Someone call the plumber, coz we have ANOTHER LEAK!

I'm so glad NBC is pulling some weight for bodie, he needs every help he can get to overcome the genre barrier artists like him face in this show.

Setting aside my issues with the song choice.... I'm still in awe at how much vocal technique bodie keeps exhibiting in his song choices. The way he just smoothly goes up and down the scales while still maintaining power.... It's truly a gift.

More than anything though, this performance showcases bodie's flawless timing and flow. It's very easy to lose your breath with a song like this, and he deftly got through it without any noticeable issues. Impressive.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I've seen enough! Add me! Definitely one of the most versatile voices on the show right now! He's sounded great on pop, RnB and Alternative rock! Has some of the best range and vocal agility in the competition, and a distinct tone. Cant wait to see what else he shows us.

Glad you're fully on the bodie train!

His range is fantastic, but you're right on the money about his vocal agility. That was something I never truly expected from him before the show started. Couple that with his unique style, and he stands out head and shoulder above the pack. Now only if the Voice demo actually rewards artists like him....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Persy said:

Bodie's knockout was fantastic! That was a perfect song choice for him and he really shines on the song so perfectly. That was perfect and flawless! Kevin sounded fantastic and I want more falsettos from him like give me 100% full falsettos next time! Loved The Dryes as well, very sexy and steamy. Bodie won that for me hands down. He could make the finale for sure! That was a breakout moment for him and he gave us his best performance he has ever given us EVER! I am so obsessed with that song and performance! *throws shoes* R&B and alternative rock is perfect for him!

It will be interesting to see what lane will Blake carve for him next. There's no one quite like him on the show right now, except maybe Devix, but his brand of indie pop isn't quite like bodie's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Would have gone for another song for him, but great job to Bodie. 

Note that Blake mentioned how he pulled it off live. That´s a good sign.

Blake seems taken by him, for sure. And I would bet they are always having a laugh during coaching sessions. Blake likes it when you have a sense of humor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

It will be interesting to see what lane will Blake carve for him next. There's no one quite like him on the show right now, except maybe Devix, but his brand of indie pop isn't quite like bodie's.

Yeah definitely agree! His tone is really unique and I find it hard to compare him to someone because there's no one like him. Devix is probably the closest that's true but different at the same time. I love both of them! I'll be ready to vote as much as possible on many emails. 

• Like 1

If you’d told me pre-season that Mr. Blake “Yeehaw-y’all-Oklahoma-is-my-personality”  Shelton would click this well with someone who’s this far out of his normal contestant wheelhouse, I’d laugh hard.

Not mad about it, though, and bodie getting decent-ish (not phenomenal, but solid nonetheless) Facebook reception with a Post Malone song of all things seems like it has promise for whatever comes next.

40 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If you’d told me pre-season that Mr. Blake “Yeehaw-y’all-Oklahoma-is-my-personality”  Shelton would click this well with someone who’s this far out of his normal contestant wheelhouse, I’d laugh hard.

Not mad about it, though, and bodie getting decent-ish (not phenomenal, but solid nonetheless) Facebook reception with a Post Malone song of all things seems like it has promise for whatever comes next.

I'm just glad the FB reception is warmer than I expected.

Now he just has to nail it with the perfect songs for the live shows. Easier said than done. 🙃

Tbh not many could've done as well as he did. Despite the one-note song choice, he was able to show off his skills by executing some clean runs and difficult vocal melodies. The performance as a whole didn't have much oomph for me, but I'm not jumping off the Bodie train. I just hope for better song choices moving forward.

• Like 1

The Voice YouTube 3-way knockout video (leaked 10/28) currently has 155,518 views and 3.3K likes.

TeamAudra said the leaked knockout video had about 290K views and 7.1K reactions on Facebook when the episode aired on 10/31.

The Voice YouTube video of Bodie's battle vs. Jaeden (leaked 10/14) currently has 756,113 views and 15K likes.

Bodie's The Voice YouTube blind audition video (leaked 09/30) currently has 494,038 views and 7.7K likes.

Edited by RTV