Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

20 hours ago, Teraginn said:

If he wants to go for sentimental country for dedication week, I think he can do a good job of modernizing Bless the Broken Road.

Cold by Chris Stapleton is on the table, not sure if he can do it next week tho. Maybe Top 10.

Bless the Broken Road or Wanted (Hunter Hayes) if he wants to go more country-pop than straight up country.

U2 isn’t a bad pick for an artist to cover, but considering how that tends to go for artists on the show…🫠

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Bodie is using an electric guitar for his next performance apparently. This is according to Morgan Myles' new reel on IG.

zsHOWEZ.jpg

Interesting. If the theme this week is "songs that influenced us", it makes total sense that bodie would choose rock, given the quality of his voice.

I am hesitant that Bandzilla would rear its ugly head for this performance, and that bodie would have to contend with the guitar on top of that, but otherwise I am looking forward to another rock performance from him!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

OK so new bombshell: bodie will have to sing a Whitney song with a partner come Top 8 week!

Any ideas on how could this possibly work? The first thing that comes to mind is him singing her version of Higher Love with Kique, but I wonder if Kique would realistically still be in the Top 8.

29 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OK so new bombshell: bodie will have to sing a Whitney song with a partner come Top 8 week!

Any ideas on how could this possibly work? The first thing that comes to mind is him singing her version of Higher Love with Kique, but I wonder if Kique would realistically still be in the Top 8.

he can do it with the right arrangement, but yah not sure who he can pair with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

I remember Kique saying at some point that the Battles were hard for him because he has never really done and singing with anyone else. If he is in top 8 do you think this could pose a problem for him? And it's a Whitney song to boot!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrammyHeidi said:

I remember Kique saying at some point that the Battles were hard for him because he has never really done and singing with anyone else. If he is in top 8 do you think this could pose a problem for him? And it's a Whitney song to boot!

It's definitely a concern due to the age and experience gap. They seem to be buddies at least so that may help with the onstage chemistry.

I can also realistically see him being paired up with Morgan, though I have a harder time figuring out a Whitney song that both could shine on.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescasaki said:

so good!

charlie-

bodie (Team Blake), “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” — Grade: A | Oo, I just knew this was gonna be amazing from the minute the fan fave told us that he wanted to, as his coach would put it, bodie-ize The Proclaimers’ hit that made him think of his wife and their life together. He started it off slow and thoughtful, then built up to a chorus that sounded gloriously passionate rather than just cheerful like the original. No way bodie isn’t going all the way to the Finals. Dude’s a star and a half!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He keeps surprising and delivering. 

I havent put this in the general forum due to not wanting to start a full debate, but dude could win, honestly, with the right cards.

I totally think he's in the running to win, he's unique and the GP seems to like him also

• Like 2