Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

by Mark Franklin:

Alternative pop artist Bodie of Orange County, Calif., became the eighth singer to turn the chairs of all four coaches on The Voice during the blind auditions that aired Monday night.

Blake Shelton lured Bodie to his team, meaning the all-time winningest Voice coach now has a pair of four-chair turns on his team.

BEST OF THE NIGHT

Bodie, 29, of Ladera Ranch, Calif. "You Found Me" by The Fray: His strong opening prompted almost immediate chair turns from Blake Shelton and John Legend. Gwen Stefani later joined them, as did Camila Cabello making Bodie the night's only four-chair turn. His voice soared on a nice ending to the performance. Camila loved how he sounded. Blake called his voice incredible and said he could make the finale. John liked the cool soul stamp he put on the song. Bodie decided to join Team Blake.

https://idolchatteryd.com/bodie-zach-newbould-the-marilynds-shine-on-the-voice

• Like 1

Bodie's The Voice app turn percentage was 80.

by Charlie Mason:

bodie (Team Blake), "You Found Me" — Grade: B+

This tatted-up 29-year-old father of three, who used music to deal with his alopecia, managed to continue on with his Fray cover even while Blake was yelling at John. (C'mon, guys!) And for bodie's efforts, he earned a four-chair turn. Solid voice — and I love that he might be bringing some alt-rock to the show — but kinda one-note. Still, Blake told him — and I think he's probably right — "You have what it takes to make it to the finale of The Voice."

TVLine poll: Whose Blind Audition most impressed you Monday?

Bodie is on top with 34.16% of the vote.

https://tvline.com/2022/10/03/the-voice-recap-kique-bodie-blind-auditions

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RTV said:

Bodie's The Voice app turn percentage was 80.

by Charlie Mason:

bodie (Team Blake), "You Found Me" — Grade: B+

This tatted-up 29-year-old father of three, who used music to deal with his alopecia, managed to continue on with his Fray cover even while Blake was yelling at John. (C'mon, guys!) And for bodie's efforts, he earned a four-chair turn. Solid voice — and I love that he might be bringing some alt-rock to the show — but kinda one-note. Still, Blake told him — and I think he's probably right — "You have what it takes to make it to the finale of The Voice."

TVLine poll: Whose Blind Audition most impressed you Monday?

Bodie is on top with 34.16% of the vote.

https://tvline.com/2022/10/03/the-voice-recap-kique-bodie-blind-auditions

one-note??

Just say you're not a fan of alt-rock Charlie!

I kid, I kid, but why am I even surprised with Charlie having hot takes.

So I've been thinking about the next two song choices for Bodie in the coming weeks.

As Long As You Love Me is not my favorite pick for Bodie's style IIBH, but I can easily see that song arranged in a more alternative rock style to fit Bodie and his opponent. 

Better Now is a harder one to figure out. It's such a fast paced and..... lazy song in terms of vocals, if that makes sense? It's more about the flow than the power and emotion, and in the context of this show, the latter is what the demo wants to hear.

This is probably what it would sound like if Bodie sang Better Now in his actual style.

It's a decent performance, and there's room in the end to show some power, but I honestly don't think it's gonna be enough to capture the demo in the all-important KO round. I think Bodie would need to slow down the song considerably, and do a moodier arrangement, for this song choice to amount to a "moment". He did beat a much more technically impressive singer doing a much more "moment-worthy" song, so there's no reason to believe he didn't do something profound to this song to merit the win. I just hope it's enough to actually make him a Blake frontrunner.

Am I the only one shocked at the range and dynamics bodie has shown so far in his performances? I never could have predicted that based on his preshow material, which is cool in its own right, but man. I just love how he emphasizes words and places his vibrato in the right places.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

The alt rocker in the blinds, and now the R&B crooner in battles. Versatility, folks.

Can´t wait to see what side of him he brings on KOs.

Yeah it's a very R&B-influenced performance.

I truly have no idea how his KO will go, clearly he doesn't like doing things the typical way. I'm ready to be surprised!

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Am I the only one shocked at the range and dynamics bodie has shown so far in his performances? I never could have predicted that based on his preshow material, which is cool in its own right, but man. I just love how he emphasizes words and places his vibrato in the right places.

No, you aren't. I wasn't expecting these performances or the vocal talent he's displayed, and I hope he keeps it up.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, Teraginn said:

THIS. He is legitimately an exceptional vocalist and his control is superb. Like you said, I never would've guessed that he would be this good based on what I saw from his socials. Especially considering he doesn't have many live, on-stage performance clips out there. Those low runs he does? I'm taken aback every. damn. time. 

• Like 3