The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

Just now, VoiceSelf12 said:

Kim literally had my favorite tone out of all powerhouses iโ€™ve seen so far and she misses the finale? This is shameful, itโ€™s so disrespectful how a black woman never won the show once and imo they are the most talented female singers iโ€™ve ever listened to in this show. Yโ€™all donโ€™t understand how hard it is to belt like those queens have.

PREACHย 

• Like 1

Honestly, itโ€™s so heartbreaking how every damn season when we see a talented black female powerhouse we pray for her to win and almost all of idf are fans. This is shameful and honestly itโ€™s disgusting idc America should be ashamed. Weโ€™ve been praying for a female black singer to win the show in so long and this happens every season. The disrespect is insane.ย 

• Like 3

Some thoughtsโ€ฆ.

ย 

I donโ€™t want Gwen back again after this season: I love her but America NEVER respects her or her team. She can go out on a high with her Carter win in s19.

ย 

Also, Is it just me who feels John wonโ€™t be back after s23? He felt checked out tonight and I just made an interesting observation:

ย 

if the 4 finalist format had stuck through s18-22โ€ฆ. John wouldโ€™ve missed out on finale 5 SEASONS IN A ROWโ€ฆ

• Like 3

Just now, VoiceSelf12 said:

Honestly, itโ€™s so heartbreaking how every damn season when we see a talented black female powerhouse we pray for her to win and almost all of idf are fans. This is shameful and honestly itโ€™s disgusting idc America should be ashamed. Weโ€™ve been praying for a female black singer to win the show in so long and this happens every season. The disrespect is insane.ย 

Where is the positivity nowย :rolleyes:??/j

ย 

(I agree tho)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

We had a nearly perfect finale last season. It would have been too good to be true if the same happened this season.

Yeah I feel like NBC is punishing IDF for being too blessed last season and pulled a redux of one of the most hated seasons.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

ย 

if the 4 finalist format had stuck through s18-22โ€ฆ. John wouldโ€™ve missed out on finale 5 SEASONS IN A ROWโ€ฆ

ย 

Underrated take honestly. John's clout with the audience disappeared after S17, and I fully believe that would have happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Underrated take honestly. John's clout with the audience disappeared after S17, and I fully believe that would have happened.

What could John have said or done for this to have happened?

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Question for the group: Do you think Morgan would have made the finale on either Johnโ€™s or Gwenโ€™s team, or would that have been too much boat anchor?

Gwen, yes, as I feel like she would've let Morgan mostly do her own thing and pick the songs that she could've done, while John would've ruined her like he did Katie, Marybeth (though she had her own hand in that, too), and, just this season, Parijita.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Question for the group: Do you think Morgan would have made the finale on either Johnโ€™s or Gwenโ€™s team, or would that have been too much boat anchor?

I think she would have been fine on John's team. I think Gwen probably would have found a way to F it up though.ย 

Edited by QueenKalie

Just now, TeamAudra said:

If John was in his first season and gave her similar songs to Maelyn, then yes.

ย 

Not sure with Gwen, maybe Blake and the music department "suggests" a terrible Semis song and throws her in the IS. She would probably win that though.

ย 

Camila was the best coach for Morgan, I'm not sure post-John would have been good for her.ย 

ย 

And of course, Blake either throws her away or she wins this season a lot easier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah I feel like NBC is punishing IDF for being too blessed last season and pulled a redux of one of the most hated seasons.ย 

I've been punished 6 seasons in a row. None of my favorites have made the finale since I've started watching.ย 

ย 

I didn't even like either of the top 2 last season much ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Sad 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

I've been punished 6 seasons in a row. None of my favorites have made the finale since I've started watching.ย 

ย 

ย 

Girl I feel you, I went through nine seasons straight w/o a snowflake in the Finale! T______T

I hope that with the upcoming regime change, things will turn out for the better.

• Sad 1

Just now, Rodney said:

Glad I wasn't alone in not liking Wendy, but . . . you didn't like Girl Named Tom, either?!

I think Wendy was very talented, but she didn't click with me.

ย 

GNT... they had some excellent performances, but I also didn't click with them. They shouldn't have been in Kelly's top 2 in the Playoffs, imo. In fact, I seem to recall thinking they were the weakest that night.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

ย 

I had a long streak of flop seasons as well. But I have been lucky that my favorite made it to the finale this season and the last season.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

Girl I feel you, I went through nine seasons straight w/o a snowflake in the Finale! T______T

I hope that with the upcoming regime change, things will turn out for the better.

Hope we get some improvement! And hopefully we each get a snowflake on Team Blake next season too...

ย 

But I also can't help but find it funny the way you describe it as a "regime change" :haha:. Like I know this was probably purposeful but the google definition of regime is "a government, especially anย authoritarianย one." ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Like 1