The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

You wouldn't put him there, but . . . you don't have a problem with it?  That's . . . very contradictory.

I mean, it is what it is, I´ve already accepted he´s going to the finale.

The one I´d have my issues with making it is Brayden. Kid´s talented, but he needs to explore his voice more, right now there are people more ready for this.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You wouldn't put him there, but . . . you don't have a problem with it?  That's . . . very contradictory.

It's possible to exclude a contestant from your personal top 5 yet not be upset when that person advances.

54 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ah, i checked last season threads and i finally remembered. You are the one that had a big meltdown on here when Lana lost the Instant save, aren't you?? :giggle:

Yes that was me. Lana deserved to win last season and I still stand by that. This year I picked a snowflake that will definitely win. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

No that was me :ph34rwave:

It was pretty clear that, as talented as she was, she really only had the Blake boost to thank for getting that far.  The ones only there on the Blakers' votes typically go out at the semifinals.

3 minutes ago, Quinton said:

Idf will lose their  minds because it is the final curtain call  for Parijita Barsola

Two weeks ago, she was the overwhelming betting favorite to win on IDF. Amazing. 

Here’s what I think happened….

She was John’s TCO coming out of the playoffs, so they gave her a prime spot for the T13 round, and buried Omar in one of the death spots, sandwiched between Rowan and Alyssa. Unfortunately, she did not garner enough votes to give them confidence that she could make the finale, so they switched to Omar before the results show, called him safe first, and made Parijita sweat it out until the very end. The very next week, Omar closed the show with a song that usually plays well with the audience, and again…called him early, and Parijita late. If that wasn’t enough, they gave Parijita another death spot this week, along with a song she’s not equipped to handle, and pimped Omar again. The only question is, was that enough time for Omar to build up his voting fanbase? We’ll find out in a few hours. 

Vote splitting could definitely be a factor on Team Legend, because a case can be made for any of the three to make the finale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Two weeks ago, she was the overwhelming betting favorite to win on IDF. Amazing. 

She was John’s TCO coming out of the playoffs, so they gave her a prime spot for the T13 round, and buried Omar in one of the death spots, sandwiched between Rowan and Alyssa. Unfortunately, she did not garner enough votes to give them confidence that she could make the finale, so they switched to Omar before the results show, called him safe first, and made Parijita sweat it out until the very end. The very next week, Omar closed the show with a song that usually plays well with the audience, and again…called him early, and Parijita late. If that wasn’t enough, they gave Parijita another death spot this week, along with a song she’s not equipped to handle, and pimped Omar again. The only question is, was that enough time for Omar to build up his voting fanbase? We’ll find out in a few hours. 

Vote splitting could definitely be a factor on Team Legend, because a case can be made for any of the three to make the finale. 

It is long overdue for John to actually have a dude finalist that is not jazz or r& b

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I honestly thought she was unbeatable after playoffs. You should see how many answered her on the "who´s gonna win the show" question on the prediction game thread that week.

46 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

No that was me :ph34rwave:

I mean, i loved her too, but the cast was very strong last season. 

54 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

Yes that was me. Lana deserved to win last season and I still stand by that. This year I picked a snowflake that will definitely win. 

Yeah, i guess you are getting your revenge tonight. Congratulations 👍

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

To ease some of y"all´s stress, here´s a Parijita comment on Bodie´s performance on IG:

"I LOVE BODEEZNUTS"

unstanning parijita rn i can't believe she would make a d**z n**ts joke 🤮 /joking

but seriously i dislike those jokes they are so cringe!! but alas not anyone can be blessed with a top-tier sense of humor like me /j

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2022 at 11:44 PM, VoiceSelf12 said:

This season looks like it’s gonna be mid NGL. Always the fall seasons after a great fall season tend to be lackluster and not that good. Look for example S13>S15 S17>S19. I just hope that tradition ends and Season 22 tends to be a great season. 

Nvr mind i stand by this. Wtf America.

I haven’t been able to watch last night’s performances, but let me say this: both Bryce and Brayden have given at least one performance that I enjoyed. I won’t deny their talent.

However, it’s pretty ridiculous that both of them made the finale when both have been the least consistent of the semifinalists, and Justin, Omar, and Kim have all been super consistent. It just feels like such an insult to their talent, and while I don’t like to accuse anyone of racism without credible evidence, it really sucks that four talented people are in the bottom and all of them are people of color.

With college, I have become more busy with my school work, and in addition, I play ultimate frisbee and a very active role in my fraternity (trust me - I’m not a frat guy, my fraternity isn’t exactly stereotypical). I don’t think I can or should dedicate my time to a show where the people who advance in the competition often aren’t the best and the people are rarely that successful. I want to support artists that are just getting started off, but I don’t think this show is worth it for my time. Not to mention, I don’t have cable, and the streaming service I have (Peacock) I have to wait until a day after.

As a result, I’m checking out for season 23. I’ll still keep my account and may browse this forum occasionally, but I don’t plan on watching next season. I may watch season 24 or any subsequent seasons if I really like the coaches (such as Taylor Swift) or if I personally know someone who auditioned. That being said, it’s time I take a break.