ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

*Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Chris' Round - Please Post Write-Ups!)

Chlea Ramirez

rdnl9le2v2961.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f738ae57e6906237945f1b4a2c8d013eb10591b7

You know those random moments in TV shows which aren't necessarily iconic or anything, but just for some reason stick with you? Chlea has one of those moments for me. I can't tell you much in depth about the later guys/girls seasons, but one of my random favorite moments from the recent cycles is where, at a shoot, Chlea decides to tell Kelly Cutrone that she comes across a little harsh and maybe she should watch her delivery. For some reason, this has stuck with me and I find it hilarious to this day. Was Chlea right? Honestly yeah, Kelly was too much as we saw on a lot of occasions. But what she was trying to achieve by giving one of the people judging her, judging critiques, I will never know. In fact I don't think she was out to achieve anything at all, I think she honestly expected Kelly to turn around and be like "maybe you're right! Thanks Chlea!" and that's what makes it even more funny to me.

Anyway that's 100+ words about a random interaction which I am probably one of the only people to think about on a regular basis. Beyond that, she had an insignificant presence on the season. Pretty girl and I think she stepped up in the shoots after her elimination, but largely nothing special. 

Michelle Deighton

tumblr_pp75t9R7801x8j52jo1_500.jpg

Chaotic bisexual is defined on urbandictionary as "a bisexual who cant handle their hormones when they find an attractive person." However, I think a more fitting definition would be for someone to make a supercut of Michelle's ANTM journey (and post-ANTM journey) and post it as the definition. We experienced Michelle's highs and lows on and off the show. From getting a painful makeover, to taking that flawless zodiac picture, to almost killing the entire house with flesh-eating bacteria (citation needed), and marrying + procreating with the even more chaotic Jonny Fairplay of Survivor fame after the show. I always forget Michelle randomly came onto the show as a lady wrestler as well lol.

But yeah, Michelle was really fun to watch, you never knew what you were gonna get from her each episode! While her tears could be a bit Much at times, by leaving in sixth place I think she left at the perfect time before she became too overbearing. My favorite Michelle moment was when she came out as bisexual to the other girls. It was one of those ~raw and real~ moments where you could feel her nerves through the screen, but then are relieved when it all works in the end, especially as she gets comforted by Tiffany & Brandy (the latter of whom revealing to Michelle that she too has had some fantasies :wub:).

Despite Michelle's self-confidence issues she did gain some confidence throughout her time on the show. She's a really beautiful girl so I'm glad she was able to realize that. But we all know why Michelle is a legend. I am burying the lede here. It is not for her chaotic bisexual energy. It is not for the way she gained confidence throughout her time on the show. It is because of the time Michelle's face brokeout and the entire house lost their shit because Noelle's mom heard on the news there was flesh eating bacteria going around the people were dying from :wub:. Michelle is hardly a driving force in this storyline, but I thank her and her face for bringing it into our lives (for my money, Tiffany's grandmother is the MVP who orders them to stop worrying about this dumb shit and read a book or something :kissbye:). And of course Tiffany's grandmother was right because it wasn't flesh eating bacteria and they all freaked out for nothing lol. I would've liked to see Michelle make the top 100 in this game because I think she's a really fun character but it is what it is. Now enjoy one of the highlights of C4:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Andy Nominates Next)

GROUP A

Amber DePace

Monique Weingart

Dominique Waldrup

Ashley Brown

Ben Schreen

Courtney DuPerow

Sandra Shehab

GROUP B

Nicole Borud

Jayla Rubinelli

Gina Choe

Kari Schmidt

Ambreal Williams

Brittani Kline

Azmarie Livingston

Edited by #jeah

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Andy’s Nominations Posted - Please Send Your Votes!)
8 hours ago, *Diana said:

Sorry what am I doing ? :dead: 

You're voting for which group you want to see survive

GROUP A

Amber DePace

Monique Weingart

Dominique Waldrup

Ashley Brown

Ben Schreen

Courtney DuPerow

Sandra Shehab

GROUP B

Nicole Borud

Jayla Rubinelli

Gina Choe

Kari Schmidt

Ambreal Williams

Brittani Kline

Azmarie Livingston

By a vote of 4-3, Group A has been saved.

Group B has been eliminated.

Write-ups are needed for the following models. Everyone but Andy needs to do 1.

Nicole Borud

Jayla Rubinelli

Gina Choe

Kari Schmidt

Ambreal Williams

Brittani Kline

Azmarie Livingston

@jarmon @Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @*Diana @*Lily @Zoey

• Confused 3

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Andy’s Round - Results Revealed, Please Post Write-Ups!)

Brittani Kline

tumblr_pei89gTMHn1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

Brittani is a fabulous model who delivered plenty of memorable shots to make up her portfolio and made for a deserving winner, especially in the "high-fashion" era of the show. Personallyme, I still think Molly was more deserving even whilst being unbiased, but on pure ability alone, Brittani was hardly a bad winner. And that's the last you're gonna hear me praise her for the rest of this writeup :devilwave:

Brittani is a really f*cking boring reality show contestant outside of one pivotal moment. You may remember Brittani as a demon from hell who spawned in the middle of her trailer park and was cast on the show just to terrorize our heroine Alexandria. I am afraid to reveal that is not the case. For approximately 12/13 episodes, Brittani would whine in a voice that even Nicole Linkletter would fine annoying about whatever was bothering her that particular day. Whether it was her status in the competition, or the way Alexandria looked in her direction that morning, or if she just wasn't happy in that moment, because she rarely was happy. Cycle 16 was an infamously negative cycle. While Molly, Alexandria, and Monique were delivering in their bitchy attitudes and less than stellar personalities, Brittani had a personality that would make Debbie Downer wonder who hurt her and turned her into such a miserable, dour human being. So for the first six episodes of the season, we had Brittani bitch about just how awful Alexandria was in every way, not once with a bit of humor or pizzazz. And then we get to episode 7...

EJFTfHQ.png

Brittani starts the episode out already bitching about how she can't even enjoy her FCO at the previous panel because Alexandria wasn't even in the B2 :rolleyes:. Obsession girl! You're giving obsessed! Which leads us to the challenge of the week in which the girls are creating PSAs for breast cancer awareness. Alexandria delivers a strong photo and wins the challenge, which leads to Brittani loudly bitching to anyone within earshot about how Alexandria didn't deserve to win the challenge and she should not be a role model to anyone. There are countless things wrong with Brittani's behavior this episode. First of all, this is a PSA about breast cancer awareness. It is disgusting for Brittani to decide who should and should not be a spokesperson for a devastating disease which has impacted millions and millions of people. To undercut how much Alexandria cared about breast cancer awareness is a low I have not seen many people go on reality tv, and I've watched a lot of reality tv. Second of all, Brittani bringing this up at the workplace is highly inappropriate. If Brittani wants to confront Alexandria because she doesn't like her at home, be my guest. But for Brittani to do it at work just because she's upset Alexandria won a challenge she wanted to win, it's giving jealousy. Third of all, Brittani was just plain mean here for no reason. Nothing Alexandria has done justifies the level of vitriol Brittani had when speaking about her. Alexandria is annoying as f*ck and probably hard to live with it, I don't deny that. But we've all had annoying coworkers or roommates before. Brittani spoke to and about Alexandria like she murdered her entire family or something it was completely unhinged.

But of course we don't just leave it be with Brittani's unhinged meltdown at the challenge. This comes up at panel as well when Tyra & Nigel confront Brittani for her behavior at the challenge. Instead of apologizing, Brittani decides to double down and make an even bigger fool of herself. She continues to humiliate Alexandria even further, ruining what should have been a beautiful challenge victory for her. This all leads to Brittani having a panic attack and finally apologizing. I do sympathize with Brittani for her panic attack. It's not fun and I don't wish that on anyone. But that's where my sympathy ends. This is just Brittani dealing with the consequences of her own actions. Despite Brittani's behavior and despite Tyra purposefully picking a terrible photo for Brittani at the photoshoot, she gets one more chance in the competition. As much as Brittani disgusted me this episode, at least she gave us SOMETHING. Does Brittani have it in her to entertain us even further?

Lol no. Brittani is just walking on eggshells the rest of the show. She knows she f*cked up and she can't take a step out of line again. So for the final five episodes we no longer have blandly dour Brittani. We have blandy gamebotty Brittani who only talks about The Competition and How To Win. It's all very boring stuff, easily skippable. Brittani dared to be interesting for like a second, but she quickly cleaned up her act and put on a goody two shoes front that I saw right through. I mean it worked, so congratulations to her. She won the show. I personally don't understand how girls have lost for doing far less than Brittani did in the 7th episode, but it is what it is. If a black woman behaved the way Brittani did that episode, no way would she have gotten a second chance with the show or the fanbase. She would've been viewed as "unpredictable" or even "dangerous". I suppose it's not Brittani's fault that she benefited from white privilege, but also it is.

Tl;dr: Brittani was on 13 episodes of ANTM Cycle 16. She took good pictures. She was boring as f*ck for 12 of them. She was vile as f*ck for one of them. She won. The end.

• Haha 1

Ambreal Williams (Cycle 9)

y76lzZn_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandkdO1y0T_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandXR15EOq_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand7BbnSow_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandAd70FgM_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandiVHd5qV_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=granduQpRWju_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandnXOEIho_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandUoKXbC3_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandOGDYqUh_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grandefkJUrs_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

sipBWw5_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Ambreal was kind of a mid contestant overall. Am I remembering right that she said she had musical theater background...? to me that is always a kiss of death. Do musical theater kids ever succeed on reality television? They're multi-talented but producers/judges seem to hate them a lot. But let's not get carried away with Ambreal, because I don't think she was particularly gifted at modeling beyond being tall and beautiful. Smoking shot? Mid, stiff. Rock climbing? Not bad but doesn't stand out. Garden? Great pose but the face is sedated. Gargoyles? Slay, and Ambreal was the one terrified to be up there, she can stay this week. Recycling? Horrifying and she was supposed to get sent home except Queen Ebony decided to quit. Tyra was like... hmmmm welp I guess you can stay Ambreal I guess? Tyra learned her lesson later in Cycle 18 when she sent Eboni's ass packing anyway after Alisha quit lol. Anyway Ambreal managed to survive the music video the next week but was ultimately eliminated for the car on fire shot you see featured above. Honestly, this is lowkey serving. It's got 0% fashion but I'm kind of not mad about it. But alas her time was up.

Jayla Rubinelli

Jayla-Rubinelli-Ranch-Couture.webp

I guess I will take Jayla. I think of the list maybe outside of Brittani, she is the biggest name to go. Do I love Jayla? No. Would I have cur her this early? Probably not. But it is what it is and not some big transitivity or something. I was team Nicole and Bre that season so loosing Jayla was not a big deal to me. She placed 4th but I never really thought she reached her potential. The whole stealing the secret thing was so stupid of her but great reality television for me. Many people have done most worse. She just wasn't very likeable to me.