ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

*Amanda

Cory Hindorff

Walking the Blurred Line

Cory is someone that I like well enough, I think was a good presence on their season, a talented model, but out of this list of nominations I think is a pretty easy cut. (FYI: Cory identifies as nonbinary and uses he/she/they pronouns so I will be consistent and use they pronouns in this write-up) Cory was on Season 20, the first mixed-gender season of ANTM (and alas, not the last). Cory was a breath of fresh air in a season with too much testosterone, too many stupid showmances, and too many unlikable models. Cory was the voice of reason more often than not on their season and kept an extremely likable persona while delivering a pretty strong portfolio throughout the season. Cory made it all the way to the final three and was only beat out by Marvin (wtf?) and Jourdan. I think they would have made a decent top 2 contestant but Jourdan had that season on lockdown imo. Since the show, Cory has been a successful and fairly famous model, has been an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ+ rights, and just seems like a good noodle in my book. Still, not an iconic contestant by any means so easy cut for me.

Save: Anya

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Zoey’s Nominations Posted)

Laura LaFrate

tumblr_ptw88vEh8O1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

I would apologize for the possibly controversial cuts, but there's really no avoiding them with these sets of nominations. I have more positive than negative feelings on literally all the nominees besides the Laura's, so cutting them was a rather easy decision I must admit. Laura was on C18, one of the cycles that was all about ~branding~. Her thing was that she didn't zig, she zagged! So in her mind, zagging meant doing contortionist poses at every photoshoot and making ~quirky~ faces for the camera whenever possible. Laura wasn't terrible or anything, but I'll just say what she thought was entertaining is very different from what I think is entertaining. Laura always just relied on shock value as opposed to being naturally quirky and entertaining. When she stopped trying to go OTT in her poses, I actually found her portfolio to be much improved. Her Silk Worms and Macau Towers pictures are two of my favorites of the cycle. But I still found her portfolio to be rather overrated since so many pictures were just so similar. And I was very much on #TeamBrits throughout the cycle so I was happy to see a Brit win over her.

Onto Laura's time in the house, I also wasn't a fan of her there. I liked her more than I like my usual hate figures of the cycle. Firstly, she entered the show during a rather vulnerable time in her life. She had recently lost her friend in a motorcycle accident so she was obviously a bit emotional over that. I also think the girls were a bit too mean with her at times, especially during #elephantgate when Sophie & Annaliese took Laura's toy elephant that was given to her from said friend and accidentally dropped it in the pool. Destruction of property is never cute and pranks are one of the most boring kinds of "fun reality show moments". Frankly, Laura had every right to #drag those girls to filth for that. But instead she targets Kyle? And continues to do so for weeks? Laura was afraid to go after the people who were actually in power and instead targeted someone else who was also not really in the main clique of the house. Same thing happens when they go overseas. Laura randomly decides she hates Eboni. So when Sophie, Alisha, and Eboni were all making jokes about Laura sleeping her way to the top after she won a challenge where she flirted with the judge the whole time, I totally would've supported Laura going in on all those girls. But instead she only targets Eboni and that's it? Eboni was confused about Laura coming for just her and I was too. It felt a bit cowardly. While the girls were clearly just joking, I can't be upset if Laura was offended or felt the jokes went too far. But I can be upset if Laura uses that as ammunition to target an innocent bystander whilst letting Sophie off the hook again. And I say that as a Sophie fan!

There's a lot to like about Laura. She clearly has raw modeling potential. She's been through a lot in her life, she's sex positive, she's proudly bisexual. But none of this was really used for good in that house lol. I think on another season with another cast I might've liked Laura more (and if she toned down the camerawhoring and quirky faces by like 100). But unfortunately in this scenario, I can't say I'm a fan and compared to the rest of the nominations, that makes her an easy cut for me.

Save Melrose

Catherine Thomas (Cycle 18)

VaM8SJk.png2i6heZd.jpgeW2knGB.pngpgj55wL.jpgodpXTew.jpgFyqqCUE.jpg0A9wSfR.jpgxsUmteV.jpgaazClwa.jpgcYRawY6.jpg

rtNM8zD.jpg

Catherine appeared on the special season of Britain's Next Top Model All Stars, AKA ANTM Cycle 18. She originally appeared on BNTM Series 4 and made it all the way to 2nd place. So she was a great casting for Cycle 18 and I enjoyed her on the cycle as well. Her greatest moment was "Queen Catherine elegant and supreme" or whatever the girl group lyrics were. It is undisputed that Catherine's elimination was total BS and rigged and stupid. They told her she had no emotion, she finally cried during a photoshoot, then they used a test shot that was not even posed and sent her home. I was mad. But Catherine was one of those contestants for me where... I was rooting for her to do well but I hadn't been blown away by any photo she produced. I wasn't living for her portfolio. I think the Jenner one is good but the shoot is tacky and a group shot. I know people like her maple but for me it doesn't quite do it and she was again overshadowed by better competitors that week. My favorite is the dinner party one, because while it's a chaotic group shot it's still considered just Catherine's photo and she looks great. Body and face both on point. Catherine notably won one of Richard's games as well here on IDF

Save Kahlen

Lisa Jackson

Lisa Jackson. One of my favorite Lisa who have an amazing succesful career  and portfolio. : r/ANTM

Quite possibly an unpopular cut here. I almost nominated Lisa during my round but thought it was too early for her to leave, but unfortunately from this list of nominations, a really easy cut for me. Lisa was on one of my personal favorite cycles, C9, and made it to 6th place and was the first overseas contestant to be eliminated. Lisa was easily in the top 3 models that cycle purely by overall portfolio, along with Jenah and Heather. No contest, those three were the top 3 that season. Many people think Lisa was robbed during her cycle and in some ways I agree but overall I didn't really have any problems with her placement. She was a FABULOUS model who took a lot of really good photos, but she seemed kinda whiny and had a bit of a victim complex in my opinion, so I didn't particularly enjoy her presence on the show. Having said that, her gargoyle photo? FIERCE. She had the look of a top model and it really showed. She's also apparently been a VERY successful model after the show which doesn't surprise me either. Anyways, out she goes. I could see someone bringing her back and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Save: Molly

• Sad 1

Kristin Kagay (Cycle 19)

B2dcqbN.jpgyvkBK3s.jpgyh4tpun.pngQezblWv.jpgoCbjVDH.jpgzbqAIc4.jpgFFNoRY1.jpgYywRDwb.jpgQKTikHE.pngkIitpyG.pngJmOMEgV.jpgt3iPDQA.jpg2ovEjdF.pngdYtMMMK.pngSOAZOju.jpgExezcv4.jpg

lsswMkh.jpg

Kristin was on the college cycle and went to Florida State College at Jacksonville. Not to be confused with my undergrad, Florida State University in Tallahassee. Andy, not another word. Kristin is a stunner and unsurprisingly has had an explosive modeling career after the show. On Cycle 19, she was definitely the villain. No question about it. She didn't mind either. She relished it. She hated Leila. I forget exactly why, maybe she found Leila to be boring and annoying. Laura was Kristin's minion for all the house drama. She gave us good TV, especially for her backstage meltdown after Leila came back to the competition and Kristin was about to be eliminated. That fight is legendary. Kristin saw the writing on the wall and was losing her mind. I do think that Kristin was one of the more egregiously heinous contestants to come through, but my bigger issue with her (as always) is that I didn't love her portfolio. At all. She was so beautiful and then did the ABSOLUTE LEAST in most of her photos. The only one that seems like she's doing something is the nude shot which was cut for some reason in the Mini-Rankdown. Everything else she's just sitting around. How can you do the least when being thrown in the air like a cheerleader? idk but she figured out how. She's just sitting down in so many shots. Looking super bored in every shot. I try to avoid adopting Tyra lingo but sometimes it just applies: Kristin was resting on pretty. I thought there were much more exciting models on that season and I had no problem when Kristin went home. 

Save Lenox

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Sad 1

M A M E    A D J E I

tumblr_pmugbuYzxu1x8j52jo1_500.jpgeIAJ1xE.jpg

Mamé Adjei was a contestant on cycle 22 of ANTM in 2015, where she was the runner-up. In auditions, Mamé explained her highly privileged upbringing, even having her own personal cook. She was the winner of the pose-off mirror challenge and was the very first contestant to stay in the Tyra suite. She was also a beauty queen if I remember correctly. I remember Hadassah & her were the pageant girls that season, but obviously Mame proved to be the better model. As for why I'm cutting her when I can admit that she's a stellar model? Well, quite simply, I just don't like her personality as much as others do. She always gave off that "I'm better than you!" vibes to me, granted she kinda was but still, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Then she also had a king in Justin but chose MIKEY?!?! MIKEY?!?! MIKEY!!! When Justin was right there?! Yeah, no. I MEAN JUST LOOK AT HOW FINE JUSTIN IS....they would've been such a cute couple!!! Sigh.

tumblr_pmq450mkhK1x8j52jo1_1280.jpg

Without a doubt, some of Mame's best shots are with her mother. Gosh, her mother is FIERCE!!! They absolutely ate in these photos!!!

308c21350a482642a58ac2f94e552196b31901be.jpged881d3c54b473bce1e6bbf60951bd72c19db60c.jpg

So overall, Mame had a fantastic portfolio, just not a great enough personality to want me to keep her around in this Rankdown. Ngl, I am kinda surprised Zoey nominated her lol as I thought that was one of her faves.

I do, however, want to give @*Chrisa shout-out because he absolutely slayed with her in @rdhaley96ANTM RE-RELOADED game. Here's some of my fave shots that Chris used!

9RpiL8p.jpgMbnUMkS.jpgwgDIFwN.jpgrt33Yi6.jpg

iLAFTyM.jpgAiVejaK.jpegi7lv633.jpeg

Yeah, absolutely stellar!!!

SAVE: Lacey Rogers

Edited by jarmon
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Shandi Sullivan

Kahlen Rondot

Nik Pace

Melrose Bickerstaff

Amanda Babin

Michelle Babin

Renee Alway

Brittany Hatch

Lisa Jackson

Anya Kop

Lio Tipton

Marjorie Conrad

Elina Ivanova

Celia Ammerman

Nicole Fox

Rae Weisz

Molly O’Connell

Laura Lafrate

Catherine Thomas

Laura James

Kristin Kagay

Jourdan Miller

Cory Hindorff

Lenox Tillman

Mamé Adjei

Lacey Rogers

Khrystyana Kazakova

Jeana Turner

prance-skipping.gif

y

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I do think that Kristin was one of the more egregiously heinous contestants to come through

I've truly never gotten this. I think her fight with Destiny was the only time I thought she went too far. Otherwise, I think she's like a B-rate villain. I almost wish she was more heinous, maybe I would've stanned her more lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

I've truly never gotten this. I think her fight with Destiny was the only time I thought she went too far. Otherwise, I think she's like a B-rate villain. I almost wish she was more heinous, maybe I would've stanned her more lol

yeah maybe those aren't the right words. When something is edited to be unprovoked or irrational it definitely comes across worse for the audience, but it's not like she DID anything really outrageous

• Like 1

||R a e   W e i s z||

tumblr_pqr8rmB7nT1x8j52jo1_1280.jpg

Ashley Rae Halverson-Weisz, better known as Rae Weisz, is an American fashion model. She was a contestant on cycle 13 of ANTM in 2009. She was the eighth girl eliminated and placed seventh. So, she was on the "shorties" season of ANTM. Rae is absolutely gorgeous, she has such a STRIKING face that just grabs your attention straight away. However, I think she started the season off VERY STRONG, producing one of the best shots of the cycle in the first photoshoot and then she just could never reach that level again, unfortunately. Her portfolio isn't bad at all though, it's just that her Childhood & Headscarf shots are her stand-outs because those shots were terrific!! Anyway, I really didn't know who to cut, I was almost tempted to cut another set of twins just for the lols and maybe I should've, but oh well, too late now.

tumblr_pc3ehnBPCe1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

SAVE: Jeana Turner

23 minutes ago, jarmon said:

M A M E    A D J E I

tumblr_pmugbuYzxu1x8j52jo1_500.jpgeIAJ1xE.jpg

Mamé Adjei was a contestant on cycle 22 of ANTM in 2015, where she was the runner-up. In auditions, Mamé explained her highly privileged upbringing, even having her own personal cook. She was the winner of the pose-off mirror challenge and was the very first contestant to stay in the Tyra suite. She was also a beauty queen if I remember correctly. I remember Hadassah & her were the pageant girls that season, but obviously Mame proved to be the better model. As for why I'm cutting her when I can admit that she's a stellar model? Well, quite simply, I just don't like her personality as much as others do. She always gave off that "I'm better than you!" vibes to me, granted she kinda was but still, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Then she also had a king in Justin but chose MIKEY?!?! MIKEY?!?! MIKEY!!! When Justin was right there?! Yeah, no. I MEAN JUST LOOK AT HOW FINE JUSTIN IS....they would've been such a cute couple!!! Sigh.

tumblr_pmq450mkhK1x8j52jo1_1280.jpg

Without a doubt, some of Mame's best shots are with her mother. Gosh, her mother is FIERCE!!! They absolutely ate in these photos!!!

308c21350a482642a58ac2f94e552196b31901be.jpged881d3c54b473bce1e6bbf60951bd72c19db60c.jpg

So overall, Mame had a fantastic portfolio, just not a great enough personality to want me to keep her around in this Rankdown. Ngl, I am kinda surprised Zoey nominated her lol as I thought that was one of her faves.

I do, however, want to give @*Chrisa shout-out because he absolutely slayed with her in @rdhaley96ANTM RE-RELOADED game. Here's some of my fave shots that Chris used!

9RpiL8p.jpgMbnUMkS.jpgwgDIFwN.jpgrt33Yi6.jpg

iLAFTyM.jpgAiVejaK.jpegi7lv633.jpeg

Yeah, absolutely stellar!!!

SAVE: Lacey Rogers

Happy & sad at the same time. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Zoey's doing her best to make sure that Alexandria has too much competition to be brought back later in the game! :wub: Zoey's mind :wub::wub:

:rofl: Everyone else was nominating their least favourites so I did too. Some lesser favourites have been casualties but I’m good so far. Alexandria wouldn’t stand a chance at winning anyway so it’s pointless bringing her back.

Amanda Babin

antm_amanda03_oliver_bronson___dylan_don.jpg?w=4806060845d8e9e8dbb0a0be6f4402d9233--next-top-model-next-tops.jpgantm_amanda05_tracy_bayne.jpg

d460567b46ed7436f65c4b081f94686b.jpg39402c8148c4d0e49eeb722b3c072448--next-top-model-beauty-shots.jpg0282e0034435f0fca0675419bf2357c1.jpg

I always forget that I actually like Amanda's portfolio and think she had some great shoots, the bad thing is that most of the time she was outshined by her twin Michelle. Amanda was part of Cycle 7 where she placed 4th, just one spot away of the finale. Amanda along Michelle received early praise due to their distinctive looks and modelling capability. We saw however that throughout the competition, other models started to shine more so at the end it was unlikely that neither of them would have made the final two. Amanda seemed to be the twin more passionate about modelling, a story the producers tried to exploit but thank god it didn't became too tired. It was this edge on passion that made Amanda to be saved when they both found themselves on the bottom. I would say that I like both the twins well enough, I just slightly prefer Michelle's shots and she probably is more beloved among the audience. 

Saving Khrystyana

• Like 1