ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

*Amanda

N I C O L E   B O R U D

tumblr_p6suk14wiU1x8j52jo1_500.jpgtumblr_p6qbnpHfoX1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_p6r45khQNf1x8j52jo1_500.jpgtumblr_p6sekzxV3R1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

Oh, I am sick that I am even having to do this write-up. I absolutely love Nicole and she was so underrated during her time on ANTM Cycle 3. She deserved so much better. Her portfolio is FANTASTIC in my opinion. I was very annoyed at the panel when she was eliminated because during the judges feedback part, Tyra forgot about Nicole. Like that was so scripted by Tyra. Like, I was so over her for that and then it so happens, that same episode she is eliminated?!! GIRL BYE, TYRA YOU'RE DONE!! Nicole was a fun personality, she had loads of potential and the fact that the edit gave her such an invisible edit is so infuriating. I remember she did an interview with Oliver Twixt where she revealed that she bumped into one of the crew members at the Airport and that crew member apologized to Nicole for the edit she got because she revealed that a lot of Nicole's footage was just discarded. Truly, Nicole deserved better. Both in ANTM & in this Rankdown.

tumblr_p6so3pbsts1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

11%255BANTM%255D_Kari07_%2528Tracy_Bayne
Kari Schmidt

Kari Schmidt was cast on the sixth cycle of the show and was the third girl eliminated in eleventh place. Kari is a stunning girl and had all the things needed to be a model but she didn’t know how to work with them. Kari didn’t really delivery a stellar photo whilst on the show so often gets forgotten about but she’s one of the most memorable first boots for me which is surprising considering how strong the cast was during her cycle. Kari’s strongest photo was probably her Ice Queen shot but I’m not totally in love with it. She was called fourth for it which sounds about right. Would I have eliminated her after the fairy tails photo shoot? Probably not. I think her photo was stronger than Brooke and Mollie’s. I could probably add Nnenna and Furonda to that list too but Nnenna’s styling was horrendous. I’m more upset how Leslie didn’t get called first and nearly landed in the bottom two but I digress. Anyway, she’s an early boot and she’s no loss at this point.

AZMARIE LIVINGSTON
(CYCLE 18 //  9TH PLACE)

tumblr_pg202846Yt1x8j52jo1_500.jpg tumblr_pg3wnd54hs1x8j52jo1_500.jpg tumblr_pg7qtgbCTT1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

AzMarie Livingston has an excellent impression on the judges, due to their androgynous look, during 18th edition of America's Next Top Model, also known as British Invasion.  While Azmarie's look was well received, she struggled to standout in the first few photoshoots although I would argue that the first photoshoot set-up was certainly a sabotage for AzMarie's as it didn't really permit AzMarie to be herself. The same thing happened during the following photoshoots especially with a meh theme such as the Toddlers photoshoot with the Jenners. However, AzMarie really step up their game during the two following photoshoot which include the Very.Com campaign which is one of my favourite photo of the cycle, and the British Hats/American Cars shoot - she was able to showcase her strength and the simplistic setting helped her to shine during the two photoshoots.  During the Maple Syrup shoot - a crazy theme / shoot that should have been done in Canada rather than the US vs. British :haha: ; Anyway, AzMarie stood out once again but this would be the last time that she would be a standout as she struggled the following week. Let's be real, she was not sent home due to her performance but rather due to Tyra being insulted that she didn't want to wear tooch pad during the episode & Tyra and co. felt she had a bad attitude like nah, m'am.. There was a worst performance than AzMarie's, in my opinion.  She certainly didn't deserve to leave when she did on the show or in this rankdown, but at the end of the day, AzMarie is certainly one of the star of this season considering her success post-ANTM including being on various magazine covers, appearing in shows like Empire & Grey's Anatomy, or during her romance with Raven Symone.

• Like 1

Gina Choe

antm_gina011.jpg

Cycle 6 had its fair share of characters and Gina definitely played a key role in that. Poor girl was probably not really cut out for the cutthroat nature of reality TV. From her reaction to holding a cockroach, to the way Janice just completely went off on her (an incredibly unhinged moment from Janice obviously). It's really quite miraculous that she made it as far as she did. She seems to have gone kinda off the grid since the show aired and I hope whatever she is doing now, she's doing well. She just wasn't ready for such a pressure cooker environment.

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar Nominates Next)
  • *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Nominations Posted - Please Send Your Votes!)

By a vote of 6-1, Group A has been saved. Group B has been eliminated 

The following models need write-ups. Everyone except Akshar is responsible for one.

Adrianne Curry

Ann Markley

Kelle Jacob

Teyona Anderson

Alexandria Everett

Binta Dibba

Tatiana Price

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @*Diana @*Lily @Zoey

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

Kelle Jacob

tumblr_p6sdq7zeNF1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

Kelle has such an incredible arc for so many reasons. She gave us one of the most comedic and tragic arcs I've seen on the show despite only lasting six episodes (which is arguably like four episodes longer than the show seemingly wanted her to last ❤️). Kelle may have lacked self awareness and she wasn't always the sharpest tool in the shed, but her heart was always in the right place and she's just another example in a long list of girls who were cruelly broken down by Tyra's Empire (specifically BIPOC). Yes, Kelle's bougie and her friends call her a white girl with a good tan and she would unironically compare her features to that of a monkey, but I think there was so much room to grow there! And with someone like Toccara taking her under her wing, we could've maybe had a Natasha arc before we met Natasha (though hopefully not as tragic post-show lol).

Before you argue that Kelle's portfolio could not justify a Natasha-esque growth arc that is simply not true!!! The proof is out there!!!! Kelle had better photos than they chose for her!

hqWUsvsK5t5K9s1kKwSnNqEPLDAaxaNj7Ja_EFGRV6Q.jpg?auto=webp&s=a4123564c4ff4b716ae75ee83bfd2c35680c6ccd sTnJR9nl.jpg 7arzUI5l.jpg

Maybe it's not on Amanda or Nicole's level, but these are very pretty pictures and 1000 times better than the one they chose for her and tried to send her home for. Also at the Jamaica shoot we have video proof of Mr. Jay hyping Kelle up that she's doing a good job, then they give her the picture where it looks like she has a penis. Kelle wasn't a perfect model, but she had room to grow. She won a posing challenge! But instead of using that as an example that Kelle has potential, Mr. Jay decides to mock her for her challenge win and act shocked. We even reached the point at the final nine where Mr. Jay flatout refused to even help Kelle at the photoshoot. That's a firable offense in my eyes. You're supposed to be a teacher, teach the girl! Kelle was picked on time and time again by Mr. Jay, she was picked on by panel. She only survived as long as she did because of girls like Julie & Jennipher self-destructing. It's no wonder Kelle was so broken by the end of the competition. Kelle's final words is one of the most tragic exits I've seen on the show I think, it's up there with April's. "I would've liked to keep trying, but there's only so much humiliation I can take". All because Tyra or the show decided she didn't like her. Heartbreaking.

Luckily Kelle's time on the show isn't without humor. Kelle is involved in so many memorable moments of this iconic third cycle of the show. Kelle running around the house searching for sunglasses during the infamous house blowup in the fourth episode is such a fun moment from such an iconic episode. And even in Kelle's tragedy there comes comedy. Kelle looking at herself in the mirror and sobbing, "Daddy...I don't have intensity in my eyes", and "People ask me what pair of pants you're wearing, they're Gucci, I can't help that 😢" are three of the funniest moments of the cycle. It's a shame it has to come from Kelle's tragedy, but it's a special character who can make us laugh through heartbreak. Somehow heartbreak feels good in a place like this.

At the end of the day Kelle was just a sweet, but insecure and sheltered girl. I really think this could've been an amazing experience for her. C3 had a strong cast of black women who really could have helped Kelle, and it seems like already were in their short time together on the show. But instead, Tyra decided to put a target on Kelle's back and put her through the ringer for six episodes. I'm glad Kelle never gave up. She fought the whole time and tried her hardest to remain positive. I'm also glad Kelle left when she did because putting her through any more torture would have been even more cruel. Kelle is such a special character and one of the strongest early boots in the history of the show, if not the strongest. Would've made for a fun choice in the endgame. I'm glad I gave her immunity and I'm sad she couldn't make it further (as I've only got one immunity left and there will certainly be hell to pay if she also gets cut before it's my turn to nominate 🙂)

Teyona Anderson (Cycle 12 Winner)

VNL0L9i.png

lo19voB.pngzupyJfp.pngxctxDqO.pngngZAl1j.jpg90BysaS.jpglwVNovu.jpgLnRubx8.jpgsPv8ddx.jpglyyQzZ5.jpgtOA5my6.jpggdhtclG.jpgFK2LZ8V.pngHbm6Qav.jpg1dnK1zr.jpgkPCNrXk.jpgbB1Hrn7.jpg1tFTGtF.jpghtwcNZw.jpgp95byf3.jpgu0BBXP5.jpgkaUsKSs.jpg3EpFPMV.jpg

sWu63Wu.jpg

Y'all know by now that I'm an advocate for Brittani, Laura, and Ann in the winner circle. I love a good portfolio, so while their runs on their cycles ranged from dull to insufferable, I still prop them up and try to give them their due. That being said, I am very confident in announcing that Teyona is the #1 most underrated ANTM winner on this forum. And this is coming from an unabashed Allison stan. Teyona crushed the cycle, objectively. From a call-out standpoint, Teyona's average is the 3rd best of all the winners, after Nicole C13 and Ann C15. From a looks standpoint, Teyona has an absolutely stunning face, undisputed model features. From a personality standpoint, she also holds her own. Maybe not as hilarious as Aminat or as endearing as Allison to some people, but she had her funny moments and she had her emotional moments. The main thing I remember about Teyona's personality is her passion and drive. It was clear that she came on the show to win. Period. She wanted it bad. And so she worked hard and achieved it. 

Did she have any missteps in her portfolio??? As much as I wanted her to fail, she rarely put a foot wrong. The clear worst is the group shot NY tour bus thing, where the judges made fun of how many teeth she was showing lol. I also dislike the bird one, especially because Tyra usually delivers such great photos. It was a let down, and comparatively Allison produced maybe my favorite photo of all time. So it became easier to try to discount Teyona at that point, but she still wasn't anywhere near going home that episode. Teyona frequently mopped the floor with the competition, including the color beauty shot, self-lighting, and of course the iconic beach shot. If I was to try to give her critique it would be that she relies on the three-quarter profile angle too much for her face. But she's not picking the photos obviously, and who can blame them for picking that angle over and over again when she looks absolutely stunning. 

What we will blame Tyra for is the stupid makeover... just a bad idea all around and made it seem like Tyra thought Teyona was going to be fodder at the beginning of the competition. Hard to believe that Tyra would purposefully saddle a perceived contender with a dumb look like that, but she's done more ridiculous makeovers before lol. Regardless, I can't think of a single time after the bad makeover photoshoot that Teyona let the hair hold her back. 

In the finale, it was interesting to watch the judges try to choose between Teyona and Allison because they were so polar opposite in terms of their portfolios, marketability, their arc on the show, and overall performance. Allison was more unexpected I think. It was more surprising when Allison succeeded with the reality format and the photoshoot prompts and the final Brazilian swimsuit runway show. It was not so much a surprise that Teyona excelled for certain themes. Allison had more of an uphill battle while Teyona was more consistent. But let's not knock how hard it is to remain consistent on a show like this and end up with a call-out average as good as hers with these fickle and unforgiving judges/producers. I think what put Teyona over the top in the end was her passion. She really wanted it. Allison was kind of along for the ride. Teyona lived and breathed it. I think Tyra saw that and rewarded it. Also Tyra mentioned that Teyona ripping off her weave and swinging it around over her head for the runway finale gave her chills. UGH so stupid. Whatever Tyra. Teyona's crowning was a moment that made me scream and rip my hair out and smash my television. But what I won't do is pretend that Teyona wasn't great.

After the show, perhaps in an effort to distance herself from the ANTM brand, Teyona professionally went by Asia Anderson instead and I think did a lot of work in the South African fashion market. Runway shows, etc. However she hasn't dropped the Teyona name and her instagram is @teyonaasia_anderson if you're curious. Now she has a 6 year old son who is adorable and the resemblance between him and his mama does something to my heart. 

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1