ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Akshar’s Round - Results Revealed; Please Post Your Write-Ups!)

*Amanda

Tahlia Brookins (Cycle 12)

DowBbzc.pngjaPlHNj.pngEjiY1Cw.pnggfAzgeo.jpgPQMC281.pngH2sEqB9.jpgNQLZm3s.jpgqooSWMs.jpggTnblNO.jpglyyQzZ5.jpgrahoh6I.jpg

fDilCz5.jpg

Tahlia was from Cycle 12 and was one of the more irritating contestants to be on the show... ever. She came on the show with a goal to express her body positivity. When she was young she spilled boiling water on herself and it caused scarring. So on the show that was part of her storyline, overcoming insecurities and representing for women and models with similar issues. But unfortunately the rest of her storyline was about how she whined all day and didn't want to be there. Her presence in the cycle was extremely important tho, so we thank her for that. Without her we don't get the Aminat STUPID rant, Allison talking about Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, Celia having one of the most iconic moments in all of ANTM. But while Tahlia is the catalyst for a lot of the drama, the others made better moments out of it and were much more interesting to watch. Also I disliked most of her portfolio, including the Ellis Island one that she got FCO for (?????). The hand on the head? please. Scarring or no scarring, I don't think the had the best model proportions, but there's no denying her beauty in her face. Wow. I think her color shot is easily one of the best photos of the entire cycle. She's like the daughter of Vanessa Williams from some angles. I think if she was really passionate about modeling that she could have made a career with beauty shots like that. Based on the evidence in the cycle, I highly doubt she pursued this industry further. I'm not going to check to see if I'm right.

Save Ben

McKey Sullivan

antm-mckey09.jpg

Saleisha Stowers, Keith Carlos, Whitney Thompson and now McKey Sullivan. I'd say overall we are doing a great job of cutting winners who clearly did not deserve to win their cycle but for some reason the judges thought they did lol. McKey  is honestly one of my least favorite winners because not only did she take like one amazing photo (the bikini shot ) she was just boring. I felt like she added absolutely nothing to the show yet won. Cycle 11 wasn't a strong one regardless but in my mind Lio or Samantha would of been much better choices as Top Model winners than McKey was.

SAVING Kari Schmidt

Edited by *Diana

Christina McDonald

Christina-Pre-Makeover.webp

At 34, Christina was the second oldest girl to compete in ANTM history, after Erin and She is the first alumni to appear on "Project Runway" before appearing on Top Model. Those were facts listed on her wiki. Did I like Christina? No. Her makeover did her no favors nor did her personality. She wasn't even a fun villain to watch, she was just mean and miserable. I am glad to cut her and I am bit surprised she hasn't been cut yet. She wasn't an outstanding model and she was not a good person that season either so not a big loss here.

SAVING Ambreal Williams

Edited by *Diana
  • Confused 1

Sarah VonderHaar

tumblr_p8onxxRGpL1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

This shoot :wub: I didn't really have much of an opinion on Sarah aka Moe from Cycle 8. She might be well-remembered as the girl who accidentally flashed a bunch of high-schoolers in the runway in one of the early episodes. She also delivered a really strong shot in the candy-coated shoot, but otherwise never really stood out a bunch to me. The judges sent her home for being over-posed in the above photoshoot which is honestly kinda hilarious because... you know how much you need to be doing to do too much in that photoshoot? Sarah apparently released some music following the show but I can't comment on that now, I'll wait for the Sarah VonderHaar round in the Musician Discography game.

Save Chlea

• Haha 1

Coura Fall

COURA_FALL_22-1-682x1024.jpg

This is really the cycle I have the least familiarity with so I hope I'm not making a bad decision here. All that being said... Coura is STUNNING. Like immediately looking at photos of her I would have put her down as a winner prediction. Which seems to have also been the consensus for most of the cast on the show. I guess however those expectations were set quite high though because none of her shoots on the show really do it for me, including the one she got FCO for. She is absolutely gorgeous though, her Instagram feed in itself is leaving me jaw-dropped honestly. Hope she's doing well whatever she is doing now.

Save Sarah H

Gabrielle Kniery

MV5BMTU5MDA1OTg2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY4MzYyMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Gabrielle was part of cycle 14 where she was the first girl eliminated. Gabrielle only took part on the first photoshoot (see above) where she was critiqued due to looking sleepy. I would say is a fine photo but not memorable. She found herself on the bottom with Alasia and the judges preferred the latter over her. After the show, she continued modelling and appeared on many magazines. She also appeared in some music videos from several artist including Lana del Rey, Beyonce and Luke James. She also appeared on the Bravo tv show Winter House.

Ondrei Edwards

ondrei-edwardsjpg-7ced80fce3843f36.jpg

Ondrei was part of cycle 16 where she placed thirteen. Ondrei happens to be the fifth woman to quit the show. She decided to quit due to realising she was still dealing with the passing of her two brothers. Thank god that she chose the route of mental health and the producers didn't get the chance to exploit this for drama. We know they don't have standards to get this low. I would say Ondre had potential and I liked her backstage photo and promo. The Bee show delivered some amazing photos but unfortunately Ondrei's wasn't one of those.

• *Amanda changed the title to ANTM Rankdown 2.0 (Zoey Nominates Next)

@Zoey will finish off the cycle with 28 nominations. You cannot nominate:

Ebony Haith

Yoanna House

April Wilkner

Sara Racey-Tabrizi

Jenascia Chakos

Yaya Dacosta

Kelle Jacob

Nicole Linkletter

Joanie Dodds

Furonda Brasfield

Gina Choe

Anchal Joseph

Jaslene Gonzales

Jenah Doucette

Katarzyna Dolinska

Allison Harvard

Alasia Ballard

Ann Ward

Brittani Kline

Hannah Jones

Annaliese Dayes

Renee Bhangwandeen

India Gants

Kyla Coleman

Kari Schmidt

Natasha Galkina

Ambreal Williams

Sarah Hartshorne

Samantha Potter

Sandra Nyanchoka

Amber DePace

Louise Watts

Kiara Belen

Nina Burns

Jiana Davis

Chlea Ramirez

Winnie Harlow

Ben Schreen

Shandi Sullivan

Kahlen Rondot

Nik Pace

Melrose Bickerstaff

Amanda Babin

Michelle Babin

Renee Alway

Brittany Hatch

Lisa Jackson

Anya Kop

Lio Tipton

Marjorie Conrad

Elina Ivanova

Celia Ammerman

Nicole Fox

Rae Weisz

Molly O’Connell

Laura Lafrate

Catherine Thomas

Laura James

Kristin Kagay

Jourdan Miller

Cory Hindorff

Lenox Tillman

Mamé Adjei

Lacey Rogers

Khrystyana Kazakova

Jeana Turner

prance-skipping.gif

Laura James

D7BOn5j.jpg

I've already got my long ass writeup about Laura James in the Champions rankdown so feel free to check that out here. Similar to my Keith cut, I'll just give you the sparknotes version of her time on the show. Laura is an incredible model. She has some of my favorites photos of the season in her portfolio. The Steampunk & Zombie photos specifically are incredible. Unfortunately I didn't like her personality that much. She spent most of her time on the show bitching about Leila. And to be fair I found Leila annoying too, but Laura vs. Leila was one of those rivalries where no one was particularly rootable to me. She also spent a lot of time as Kristin's sidekick. But Kristin got all the fun, loud OTT villainous stuff while Laura was moreso the boring sidekick. Step up to the plate and give us the drama or just don't bother with it at all. Her win was also presented to the audience as some sort of underdog story as if she overcame all the odds against her, but she has the model look, she's a nepobaby so she has the connections, she really didn't overcome that much. She'll probably come back in a buyback, but based on these nominations lol, I just wasn't comfortable cutting anyone else.

Save Shandi

• Sad 1