S21 Team Blake: Predictions (Pre Playoffs)

Misirlou

S21 Team Blake: Predictions (Pre Playoffs)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. PV 1

• Wendy Moten
    • Peedy Chavis
    • Lana Scott
    • LiBianca
    • Paris Winningham
  2. 2. PV 2

• Wendy Moten
    • Peedy Chavis
    • Lana Scott
    • LiBianca
    • Paris Winningham
  3. 3. CS

• Wendy Moten
    • Peedy Chavis
    • Lana Scott
    • LiBianca
    • Paris Winningham

Honestly, I have a bit of a different vision here:

PV 1: Wendy (no brainer)

PV 2 : Paris (Yep. You read right. He clearly did something tonight. Compare his stats to Peedy's, and the comments as well, several calling him the winner or part of Blake's top 2. Plus he's clearly versatile, and Minivan wasnt fully on board with Peedy now. I love him but the Elvis thing has its expiration date.)

CS: LiBianca (Blake clearly digs her)

WC: Peedy

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

PV1: Wendy- This one's a given.

PV2: Lana- She's the only country singer left. She could completely flop, but I think she'd still be completely fine. 

CS: Peedy- He's easily one of Blake's favorites (based on his "I can see him in the finale" quote and the fact that he sacrificed Berritt to him).

WC: Paris- He and Libianca are both equally screwed, but I think Paris will perform better live.

Eliminated: Libianca- I love Libianca, but she's the opposite of Minivan bait and will probably end up getting bussed.

Edited by ikwonic

On 11/2/2021 at 12:50 AM, Misirlou said:

Honestly, I have a bit of a different vision here:

PV 1: Wendy (no brainer)

PV 2 : Paris (Yep. You read right. He clearly did something tonight. Compare his stats to Peedy's, and the comments as well, several calling him the winner or part of Blake's top 2. Plus he's clearly versatile, and Minivan wasnt fully on board with Peedy now. I love him but the Elvis thing has its expiration date.)

CS: LiBianca (Blake clearly digs her)

WC: Peedy

100% this

On 11/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, ikwonic said:

PV1: Wendy- This one's a given.

PV2: Lana- She's the only country singer left. She could completely flop, but I think she'd still be completely fine. 

CS: Peedy- He's easily one of Blake's favorites (based on his "I can see him in the finale" quote and the fact that he sacrificed Berritt to him).

WC: Paris- He and Libianca are both equally screwed, but I think Paris will perform better live.

Eliminated: Libianca- I love Libianca, but she's the opposite of Minivan bait and will probably end up getting bussed.

Regarding your elimination choice, a lot of people thought the same about Jordan Matthew Young last season.... Minivan hated him because he beat their country boy, whatshisname (sorry, I forgot).

However, I do admit to being a big fan of hers so I do have a bias, too, so my selections are:

PV1: Wendy

PV2: Libianca (Blake's expressions and seriousness during the blinds makes me think he really, really likes her, because she's different)

CS: Lana (his only country player)

Edited by monkshood

GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH TO THE LIVE SHOWS

1 Wendy Moten

2 Lana Scott

3 Peedy Chavis

LOST INSTANT SAVE

4 LiBianca

ELIMINATED IMMEDIATELY

5 Paris Winningham

6 Hailey Green (Comeback Wildcard Winner)

Also of Peedy Chavis and Paris Winningham, I think only one will go through

On 11/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, ikwonic said:

This may be a dumb question that most people here know the answer to so feel free to ignore it but can anyone explain who decides to bus a contestant? Is it TPTB or the coach or a combination thereof? Why would Blake pick Libianca over Hailey, who seemed to be more likely to pull support from the general viewing population (though I preferred Libianaca), only to allow her to be bussed in the very next round?

48 minutes ago, jem128 said:

This may be a dumb question that most people here know the answer to so feel free to ignore it but can anyone explain who decides to bus a contestant? Is it TPTB or the coach or a combination thereof? Why would Blake pick Libianca over Hailey, who seemed to be more likely to pull support from the general viewing population (though I preferred Libianaca), only to allow her to be bussed in the very next round?

Definitely TPTB. I can't see a coach purposely sabotaging a contestant unless there were other more vulnerable contestants they really really wanted to save, none of which really fit anyone on Team Blake, unless he really wanted to move forward with someone like Lana (which I don't feel he does??). As for why Blake would choose Libianca over Hailey, he usually picks the person that gave the best performance in the moment. People like Zach Bridges and Carson Peters obviously would've gotten much more support than people like Ricky Braddy or Lana Scott, but just like with Libianca, Blake rewarded them for giving the better performance comparatively. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Definitely TPTB. I can't see a coach purposely sabotaging a contestant unless there were other more vulnerable contestants they really really wanted to save, none of which really fit anyone on Team Blake, unless he really wanted to move forward with someone like Lana (which I don't feel he does??). As for why Blake would choose Libianca over Hailey, he usually picks the person that gave the best performance in the moment. People like Zach Bridges and Carson Peters obviously would've gotten much more support than people like Ricky Braddy or Lana Scott, but just like with Libianca, Blake rewarded them for giving the better performance comparatively. 

Thank you. I get why he picked Libianca over Hailey. I was just saying it defeats the purpose of doing so to bus her the next round but it makes more sense if it’s not him doing so. However, if the coach thinks the song is not a good fit, couldn’t they tell TPTB that and ensure they get a different song, or is there not much push back there?