DWTS30 Week 6 - Horror Night Discussion Thread!

*Wallace

Not saying that I agree with the 40 or anything but I do really like Iman and honestly after spending far too much energy in past seasons worried about people like Bobby Bones and Sean Spicer outstaying their welcome I just don’t find myself having those same concerns about someone who is more likeable and is making improvement. Also Daniella is one of the most exciting pros to come from this show in a long time imo and I’m just glad she’s getting all this appreciation. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

(also i do think iman showed real improvement… not 10s good, but maybe 8s good)

Exactly this. And I'll give it to Daniella for being a great choreographer and being able to hide his flaws.

Especially when Amanda or the Miz were underscored, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I just watched Iman’s dance and yeah it was amazing. People on here always underrate the difficulty of lifts for the men in these dances. We’ve seen plenty of strong men flop the lifts, just because you’re strong doesn’t mean you have that kind of power or control, nor does it mean you inspire that level of trust in your partner thar Iman has successfully done with Daniella. That was not an easy dance and Iman nailed every single lift. And he’s no actor, yet managed to get into character and the spirit of the dance flawlessly. Y’all decide you’re gonna hate the men’s dances before they even start, so going into them with that mindset will never help things.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I just watched Iman’s dance and yeah it was amazing. People on here always underrate the difficulty of lifts for the men in these dances. We’ve seen plenty of strong men flop the lifts, just because you’re strong doesn’t mean you have that kind of power or control, nor does it mean you inspire that level of trust in your partner thar Iman has successfully done with Daniella. That was not an easy dance and Iman nailed every single lift. And he’s no actor, yet managed to get into character and the spirit of the dance flawlessly. Y’all decide you’re gonna hate the men’s dances before they even start, so going into them with that mindset will never help things.

Another member of my Iman fan club!!!!

6 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

yeah i echo lily, i’ll take an iman overstay/overscore over genuinely terrible people (and more daniella choreo is the one silver lining i can pick out)

And Iman at least seems like he genuinely wants to be there and enjoys the experience.

I’ll take it over the people who were waiting for their elimination. (Mischa Barton excluded :wub:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I've been consistently ranking him in my top 5 in the rankings thread, this isn't new lol.

Alex. The only person whose rankings I look at in the thread is the person who posts before me so when I get 10/11 couples and have to remember the last one I use their list to check off and realize I never ranked Amanda. (It’s always Amanda).

I feel so bad for my girl suni 🥺 mostly because I know through following her through gymnastics that she takes stuff, especially what people think of her hard. 

After last night, I honestly will not be shocked if we have Jojo and 3 males in the finale lol 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

They deserved a perfect 40 for being the only couple who actually danced to a song from their movie. 😘

:dead: 

I blame this on the producers for choosing these songs+movie combos here. :haha: 

1 minute ago, XoBrynn said:

I feel so bad for my girl suni 🥺 mostly because I know through following her through gymnastics that she takes stuff, especially what people think of her hard. 

After last night, I honestly will not be shocked if we have Jojo and 3 males in the finale lol 

I feeel like that could be the case. But as long as Amanda can get in there, I'll be happy. But I def see her in the Bottom 2 in the next few weeks. :( 

Wow so much discussion on Iman's dance. 😮 

But yeah I'm seeing lots of praise and talk on this dance on various forums I visit. So yeah not gonna be surprised he's gonna be in this for awhile.

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I just watched Iman’s dance and yeah it was amazing. People on here always underrate the difficulty of lifts for the men in these dances. We’ve seen plenty of strong men flop the lifts, just because you’re strong doesn’t mean you have that kind of power or control, nor does it mean you inspire that level of trust in your partner thar Iman has successfully done with Daniella. That was not an easy dance and Iman nailed every single lift. And he’s no actor, yet managed to get into character and the spirit of the dance flawlessly.

Y’all decide you’re gonna hate the men’s dances before they even start, so going into them with that mindset will never help things.

Agree with these comments on the Iman dance here.

Oooh I also agree on this part. Jimmie and Iman both had showstopping dances and amongst the best dances of the night (alongside JoJo & Amanda.... and Olivia too) but they get little praise on here. :( 

Upon rewatch :

1. Jojo & Jenna
  2. Amanda & Alan
  3. Jimmie & Emma - the one that I enjoyed the most upon rewatching. 
  4. The Miz & Witney
  5. Olivia & Val
  6. Iman & Daniella
  7. Kenya & Brandon
  8. Suni & Sasha
  9. Cody & Cheryl
  10. Melora & Artem