Team Kelly : Power Rankings (Playoffs Team) (Based on Auditions)

Misirlou

Power ranking in terms of chances of moving forward solely based on auditions. This could change depending on their KOs.

Remember, not favorite to least, its a power ranking.

LIVE TEAM KELLY:

Girl Named Tom

Jeremy Rosado

Hailey Mia

Gymani

Brittany Bree (steal)

A more detailed analysis because why not (spoiler tagged bc it’s long as hell oops):

Brittany Bree

As the steal on Kelly’s post-KOs team, Brittany has a lot to live up to on a team that’s already strong. However, given what we’ve seen in her blind, she’s got a couple advantages she could work in her favor: her voice is distinctive but also adaptable enough to add new flavor to oft-done songs, and she’s got the sound to make a more traditional gospel song kick some ass. The biggest downfall is going to be her nerves; if she manages those well, she may be a surprise in the playoffs, especially with a less predictable coach decision-wise. That all said, she’s on a very strong team, and as the newest member she’s got an uphill battle facing her not only for the public vote but also for the coach save. I don’t expect to see her beyond the playoffs, but I do think she’s got potential to at least end on a high note.

Girl Named Tom

One of two group acts to make the lives, this sibling trio has received exceptionally positive attention for their audition that kicked off the season 21 premiere. They’re also the only act that the audience has no backstory on (even the montaged contestants got something). With that in mind, if their support continues to be strong through the pre-taped rounds, they may easily skate through to the top 12/13 via Public Vote. What might stop them? “It’s The Voice, not The Voices” is a complaint often tossed at group acts on the show. While I’ve seen less of it for Girl Named Tom than any previous group, the fact that they are a group makes me hesitant to list them as a lock for the Public Vote. That said, Kelly has picked GNT over a country vocalist and over someone else who is stylistically not too unlike her, so I’m guessing if they end up needing the coach save, they’ll get it. In any case, I expect them to make it past the playoffs without too much issue.

Gymani

The contestant who may have made the loudest and most controversial social media splash after her audition has made it to the lives. Gymani’s vocal texture and creativity in arrangements for her audition song strikes me as being right up Kelly’s alley. The audience also happens to appreciate a good powerhouse or two every season. Though there’s another on a different team that checks the box, Gymani could fill the “more modern sound” side of the powerhouse coin, which with the right song could allow her to sneak in and get a Public Vote, especially since she got decent social media reception for her audition. With smart song choices in the next two rounds, she could build enough of a base to back her where she needs to go. That said, I foresee a more likely route for Gymani surviving the playoffs being the one where she gets Kelly’s save, since Kelly likes her powerful female vocalists. All in all, don’t count her out.

Hailey Mia

As the youngest member of Team Kelly (and the youngest artist to make the lives this season), Hailey playing up both her current pop sound and her youth could work in her favor, especially since Kelly picked her over an OG Team Kelly act in the KOs after stealing Hailey in the battles. However, Hailey’s youth also raises questions about her readiness for the pressure of singing live on national television. If she delivers and continues to get good social media engagement, I think getting a Public Vote is not only possible but likely (Minivan likes its kid vocalists). If she cracks under the pressure, there may be issues; in that case, I’d expect Hailey to be the Wildcard over the Coach Save, since Kelly does tend to prefer her original team even if she’s not always predictable on who she’ll save. Hailey could either end her run in the playoffs or make it through; it’s largely going to hinge on her performance that Monday night. 

Jeremy Rosado

Last but certainly not least, we come to what may be the contestant with the most wide-open possibilities of anyone in the top 20. Jeremy is a guy with previous competition experience, making it all the way to the top 13 of a heavily competitive American Idol season, which is nothing to sneeze at; having made it through to that point via Wildcard also shows he’s capable of holding up in high pressure situations. He also comes off as a very relatable and likable guy, which makes him easy to root for, and Kelly has picked him over an artist that on paper seems more up her alley + got him in a pairing that looks like it was meant to be an easier KO win. With those circumstances and any other coach, I’d put him as a Coach Save lock should he need it; however, Kelly is the most unpredictable of the veteran coaches when it comes to her coach’s saves. That’s why in a situation where there’s another Wildcard to make a top 13, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Jeremy there. However, given the likable factor and the fact Jeremy has some gospel in his background, he could also be a Public Vote if he pulls out the Jesus card in the playoffs. Of the five on Team Kelly, he’s the most wide-open in terms of odds to advance. Anything can happen, so I’ll have to see how Jeremy performs on social media the next couple of rounds before firmly placing him in one spot.

Public Vote Likelihood

1. Girl Named Tom
  2. Hailey Mia
  3. Jeremy Rosado
  4. Gymani
  5. Brittany Bree

Coach Save Priority

1. Girl Named Tom
  2. Gymani
  3. Jeremy Rosado
  4. Hailey Mia
  5. Brittany Bree

Current Predictions (based only on audition):

Public Vote #1: Girl Named Tom

Public Vote #2: Hailey Mia

Coach Save: Gymani

Wildcard: Jeremy Rosado

Instant Elimination: Brittany Bree

Just now, Jordan Smith Fan said:

1. Jeremy(I don't know why I think this but I have a feeling he'll be the one with that first PV).

2. GNT

3. Hailey Mia

4. Gymani

5. Brittany

I have him 3rd on the list because its what makes the most sense given FB stats and overall history, but I do have this feeling too. We'll see.

• Like 1

Audition level = what is seen on FB, so what everyone else is pretty much saying.

Where everyone will likely end up is a different story, we still need the KOs and POs to determine the exact results, but....

1. Hailey

2. Jeremy(I got this feeling he could get a PV as well)

3. GNT(Could get 2nd PV, but let's see if they don't flop in the lives)

4. Gymani

5. Brittney

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Brittany is already at 720K views on FB despite being leaked today. She already passed Jeremy.

What do we make of that?

I don’t always like being the one to throw a wet blanket, but her likes and shares are really low for 700K views. Number of views doesn’t mean much to me for a leak. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t always like being the one to throw a wet blanket, but her likes and shares are really low for 700K views. Number of views doesn’t mean much to me for a leak. 

That's a good point, I just updated the Social thread and...

- Brittany is within reach of David in views, but he has double her reacts.

- Carson is almost triple Holly in views, and way above Hailey Mia as well, but Holly surpassed him in reacts, while Hailey basically tied him.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Maybe at best Brittney surpasses Gymani idk, neither are getting PVs though. 

They are all pretty good singers, Kelly is just stacked, but Minivan has its eyes only on Hailey and GNT right now. Jeremy is the one to watch out for if he tones down his runs and goes full country or something.

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

That's a good point, I just updated the Social thread and...

- Brittany has surpassed The Cunningham Sisters in views, but they have double her reacts.

- Carson is almost triple Holly in views, and way above Hailey Mia as well, but Holly surpassed him in reacts, while Hailey basically tied him.

That’s why when viewers start voting, the view/like ratio is a better indicator than views and likes separately. We were all taught that lesson during S17. Katie was dominating both metrics individually, but lagging behind on the ratio. Probably the best example I can think of is Celia Babini. Her views and reacts were high, yet her view/like ratio was always very poor. The numbers in the blinds are skewed by so many different things, though. Perhaps leaks tend to get higher view counts and fewer reactions. And maybe we have to throw the previous rules out the window, because of the increased social media activity this season. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1. GNT (lock, if surprisingly not PV then 100% CS)

2. Jeremy Rosado (if not PV, then CS unless GNT is also there)

3. Gymani (if not PV, then a very strong contender for CS)

4. Hailey Mia (only shot is surprise PV, no shot at CS unless the other 2 flop)

5. Brittany Bree (too soon, but she's gotten surprisingly strong feedback so far, so this could easily adjust)

Edited by Someone648

• istersay changed the title to Team Kelly : Power Rankings (Playoffs Team) (Based on Auditions)