SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

1SashaMallory_aspx.jpg
SASHA MALLORY | SYTYCD US8

Sasha Mallory is an African Jazz dancer from eighth season of the US franchise. I didn’t plan on cutting her but she’s my third least favourite on my list and since Elliott saved with his penis she has to leave here. I do not remember a single Sasha routine and I don’t wish to rewatch them. How did she make it to the top two over people like Marko and Tadd? Barbaric behaviour. Thankfully Melanie won and it dropped her from taking the title. Probably the only thing I’m thankful for when it comes to her. Season eighth was stacked with amazing girls and Sasha outlasted most of them. Goodbye.

Saving Noelle.

Asaf Goren

asaf-goren-01.jpg

Clearly we were saving based entirely on looks when we allowed him to slip through the cracks because there's no reason he should still be in this based off dancing. LOL. Asaf is a Breaker who didn't even originally make the top 20 but then original top 20 member Alain "Hurrikane" Lauture withdrew due to injury and the judges decided that of all the street guys they could choose from, Asaf was a good choice. Definitely one of their most questionable decisions, and they've made a lot over the years.

It quickly became obvious that Asaf was greatly out of his depth in this competition. He had absolutely zero formal dance training and it showed. He (and Burim) were upstaged by Queens Jaja & Lily in their showcase routine. He then floundered his way through a Broadway with Kate & Neptune set to a very weird Postmodern Jukebox cover of Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass". Things went from bad to worse the next week when poor Marissa Milele was saddled with him for a Club Cha-Cha. First off, what even is a Club Cha-Cha? Second off, why are we giving the untrained breaker a Ballroom routine? This was a recipe for disaster. As expected, Asaf sucked. Marissa did her best to salvage the routine but sadly there's not much you can do when your partner is as bad a dancer as Asaf. We were still stuck with him the following week and this time poor Kate got saddled with him for a second time. Being a trained dancer and all, Kate did fine with their Pop-Jazz but Asaf predictably dragged the routine down again. After which, the judges finally put us out of our misery and eliminated.

Look, I get that some untrained breakers actually do okay on the show, but that doesn't mean we need cast one when there's definitely a pool of much better options to choose from. Watching Asaf suck every week and drag down the team stage girls in their routines was not fun. We should also not be saving dancers based solely on looks in this rankdown when they have no other redeeming qualities.

Asaf also has apparently turned into a serial RTV competitor, having tuned up on Are You The One?, Worst Cooks In America, Big Brother VIP & The Challenge. So I guess he made a career for himself beyond dancing. Good for him.

But yeah, he's definitely overstayed his welcome. Can everyone please stop saving based solely on looks now? Please.

SAVING: Janette Manrara

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

i can't believe my dear friend @FrogLenzen saw those noms and didn't even wait to see if i posted i was here. and now i will simply have to depart this rankdown and IDF #5eva

I didn't think that a list with Nick Lazzarini, Chris Koehl, Asaf, Asuka, and a UK dancer would result in this disaster...

With Love GIF by Amazon Prime Video

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

He's really the best they could find as an alternate in case something happened? :dead: 

Maybe they thought it would be an Aaron situation.

Or they didn’t expect him to make it so far even if they kept saving him

On 11/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, JC said:

Timomatic Omaji

oceania_artculture_Tim-Omaji.jpg

That Boris/Hovak cut stung hard. I have nothing against Tim but he's getting cut because of Megan's cut. Sorry to his fans but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Tim was on SYTYCD Australia Season 2 and made it to top 8. He was a hip hop/automation hip hop kind of dancer so anyways congrats to him on making it to Cycle 2. But out he goes from this rankdown. 

Mostly so I don't need to write another one

Save Nick