SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

MELODY LACAYANGA

SYTYCD_S1_-_Melody_Lacayanga.jpg

Melody sucks. I never understood how she made it all the way to second place considering she was one of the worst women that year. Like outlasting Michelle Brooke? Sure, whatever. But Sandra, Destini, Melissa, Kamilah and Ashlé >>>>> I’m struggling to think of any stand-out routines she had considering her partners carried her in every thing she did. Her solos were among the most basic, bland, uninspiring, unmemorable and ultimately mediocre this show has ever seen. She’s come back on as an All Star exactly once and she had to pretend to be a plane. That says it all.

SAVE: Evan Kasprzak

Edited by Elliott

Tucker Knox

npDHxbQ.png

There are some great dancers nominated in this set but given the rankers involved, it is not too much of a surprise. Tucker is definitely not one of them. He only did a great routine during S10 and was even saved once without even dancing which was very questionable. Even dancing next to Jenna, he wasn't able to shine. He seem like decent person but I just didn't enjoy him during that season. I have no idea how he made it this far or if he's a favorite from someone here but this is as far as he will make it. You can still check his contemporary with Robert as it was good.

Saving Billy Bell

3 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I can only imagine that she won because she was the least offensive to the Canadian viewers?

From what Andrew has told me about Canadian reality shows, Alberta and the east coast have huge voting blocs.  (and Quebec to a lesser extent).

But Jayme Rae, Vincent and Everett all came from Ontario/Quebec, and Alberta is two hours behind those provinces. Alberta essentially had a full uninterrupted two hours to vote for her while Quebec and Ontario split the vote.

Jose "Full Deck" Ruiz

S7_Jose_Ruiz.jpg

HOW did we allow him to slip through the cracks during the auditions? No really. How? Because he was awful during season 7. I still remember him barley getting through the routines only to receive the kid-glove "A FOR EFFORT!!!!" treatment from the judges because of his personality. I have a long list of issues with the judges in season 7 and their non-critical critiques of Jose is definitely at the top of that list.

Jose just is not good. Literally every dance he did was awful. Actually, he had one good dance. The Contemporary with Allison. But other than that, everything he did was awful but he was able to get by on personality and made it a lot further than he should have. There's no way he deserved to make Top 6 with his body of work that season. One good routine and countless other bad routines. I blame the judges. They were FAR too nice and lenient in their critiques of them, making America think he was actually a decent dancer when he wasn't. Just one of  many that filled "that one awful male dancer that inexplicably sticks around forever" spot during their season. LOL.

Here's his only decent routine.

SAVING: Morgane Ribbens

• Like 1

Just now, *Amanda said:

Derek seeing that he has to put Lex in his nominations post:

Derek seeing Lex get cut:

Derek after this cycle:

As we all know the judges decided who to eliminate for far too long in the last few seasons, so as the host, I get to decide which one contestant isn’t eliminated and it’s Lex!!!

So if Dee isn't able to check in with us by the end of this cycle, I think I might remove him from the game until he gets back. Obviously I'm enjoying using all his choices myself but I think I can make numbers work with 8 for as long as necessary.

Lex Ishimoto (S14, Winner)

Lex won season 14 which makes sense since the US show has been obsessed with crowning mediocre contemporary dancers for years now. Lex’s run on the show was so wholly mediocre that production was forced to focus on his relationship with the equally mediocre Taylor Sieve in order to push them both to the finale when, in reality the more talented and interesting couple was Kiki and Koine. The only good part of his run was getting to see Gaby dance with him every week in a bunch of different styles, all of which she slayed. Anyway, Lex was on my list of nominees this round because I think he’s the weakest person left from his season and doesn’t deserve to advance over many of the others left so I think this is a completely justified cut. Nothing against him though, he seems like a nice guy, I just didn’t enjoy his run on the show. I’ve also included his hip hop with Gaby to remind you HOW BAD HER WIG WAS THAT WEEK.

Just now, *Amanda said:

I still remember the judges acting like Taylor & Lex's An American In Paris was the greatest thing they've ever seen and all of our reactions in the live discussion thread when we heard their comments. :dead: 

No wonder it took Derek that long time to join us here :haha:

• Haha 1