Performances that are "Bad Enough" that they are considered "Good"

Angeles

the title has a negative connotation, but i had no clue how to word it (please lemme know if you come up with something better so i can change it). not sure if there's a thread for this, but what are some performance that are considered "bad" (in quotes, because that's subjective) that you keep coming back to for some reason. 

example: 

• Reagan Strange: Top 8 IS - that performance is off-tune and pitchy, but i just can't stop myself from re-watching it all the time. 
  • Like 2

Performances that are so bad they’re good or so bad they’re entertaining 

Lucas Holiday’s The Beautiful Ones- It was one of the few performances that made me laugh. It was very entertaining, especially at the end when he started screaming into the mic

Dave Fenley " Use Me"

The whole thing was bound to be a trainwreck from the minute they gave him that song choice. But at the end of the day, it was entertaining as hell. The beatboxing, the drunk uncle at a party dance moves, I loved it all lol. And you can tell he was simply having fun, unlike some other people who give terrible performance with pure self indulgence.

Not to mention, since IDF was convinced he was B2 that week, the fact that he got PV made for some great reactions.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

On 9/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, Gustavo527 said:

This performance is the epitome of this thread for me :P

She certainly made some... choices... with her blind.

But she did eliminate a 4-chair turner in battles! It was a deserved win.

And then of course her battle pt. 2 with Christina is iconic.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Not my personal opinion but I remember reading spoilers and Blake basically told Will Breman that his KO was "a mess" but "at least it was a fun mess" so there's that lmao

I thought that it was the source who said that both performances were messes (Zoe and Will's), but at least Will's was a fun mess. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, though.

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I thought that it was the source who said that both performances were messes (Zoe and Will's), but at least Will's was a fun mess. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, though.

Nope, that’s actually what the source said

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Regarding Will, I read a comment saying that had anyone else sang his KO song (I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran) they would have been eliminated. But Will's animated presence sold it. And I agree.

Very tempted to scroll through 2+ years of messages to see if I can find the exact comments because I believe I was paraphrasing a lot and I wasn't a Will fan til his audition aired :haha:

51 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I don't remember them saying anything particularly bad about either performance. I do remember a "mess" comment being made but I don't think there was a negative connotation there.

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Very tempted to scroll through 2+ years of messages to see if I can find the exact comments because I believe I was paraphrasing a lot and I wasn't a Will fan til his audition aired :haha:

Gotcha. That's surprising though considering that you're one of the bigger Will fans on IDF if I recall correctly?

• 4 months later...