Performances that are "Bad Enough" that they are considered "Good"

Angeles

IDK if this really counts, but back in S5 they made studio recording for individual contestants in the battles instead of together.
Some person decided to mash together Juhi & George’s battle studio recordings, which were in different keys. It resulted in a terrible but hilarious mess, especially during the chorus.

(the live performance was great btw, idk why the person who made this thought it was a good idea)

Edited by Mistake006
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

IDK if this really counts, but back in S5 they made studio recording for individual contestants in the battles instead of together.
Some person decided to mash together Juhi & Jorge’s battle studio recordings, which were in different keys. It resulted in a terrible but hilarious mess, especially during the chorus.

(the live performance was great btw, idk why the person who made this thought it was a good idea)

Oof

On 2/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mistake006 said:

Some person decided to mash together Juhi & Jorge’s battle studio recordings, which were in different keys. It resulted in a terrible but hilarious mess, especially during the chorus.

If I recall, someone on Youtube did the same for James & Will's covers of Radioactive, but they used only one recording and just simply played their voices together, the result I think was better than this by a mile.

9 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

If I recall, someone on Youtube did the same for James & Will's covers of Radioactive, but they used only one recording and just simply played their voices together, the result I think was better than this by a mile.

It was the same person :haha:  This one was bad too but at least they were in the same key

• 3 weeks later...

Alright this is an international franchise of the show but

Brooklyn's audition. Her singing isn't at her best (like she cannot sing properly), but the rap part is like so sick that make me actually like this performance. Probably one of the most interesting cases ever on this show. Also, her battle totally shocked me.

The epitome of this thread.

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Brooklyn's audition. Her singing isn't at her best (like she cannot sing properly), but the rap part is like so sick that make me actually like this performance. Probably one of the most interesting cases ever on this show. 

As much as i dislike The Voice UK now, this season was iconic. On one hand we had some really solid vocalists (Stevie Mccrorie, for example) and then on the other we had.. things like this :haha:. That season was a mess, but in a funny, entertaining way. (Unlike last season, which was a mess in a tragic, depressing, awful way) 

And yes, i'm taking every chance i have to bash The Voice UK, sorry :P

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 1

I know a lot of people on IDF disliked Jake Worthington’s run or thought he went too far. That being said, that didn’t prepare me for how truly BAD his first audition was. I randomly found it a few days ago. His voice constantly cracked and his dancing was something else. It gave me “drunk karaoke at the bar” vibes.

• Haha 4

On 2/24/2022 at 12:33 AM, Ottoxxx said:

Brooklyn's audition. Her singing isn't at her best (like she cannot sing properly), but the rap part is like so sick that make me actually like this performance. Probably one of the most interesting cases ever on this show. Also, her battle totally shocked me.

WHAT WAS GOING ON LMAO

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2022 at 8:33 AM, Ottoxxx said:

We're forgetting her weird battle where she kinda ate (in her own way) :

:haha:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

I found this performance to be hilarious because LB went for a falsetto and completely butchered it (worse than Sophia Bromberg) and sounded like a sizziling teapot. Then, he yelled at the end “I tried it!”

why don’t i remember this 💀💀💀

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, CocoaPuffs said:

i thought I dreamed this 😭

Damn this brought me back to when I was in elementary school and they played this song on the radio a lot (at least where I was from). Unexpected moment of nostalgia lol

• 5 months later...

Bella DeNapoli - The Sweet Escape 😔

It was painful to hear her sing live at first glance (maybe her nerves took over :(), but after some re-listenings, this performance has grown on me.

Her studio version is gorgeous though :(

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 3:42 AM, Ottoxxx said:

What a masterpiece :wub: (Ayanna Joni's PO)

The comments on YouTube were BRUTAL. I remember even a usually very positive commenter (on YouTube) saying she had to mute the TV because of how bad it was. And several people made comments like “Ariana I’m so sorry” and “Come back? How about go back?”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

The comments on YouTube were BRUTAL. I remember even a usually very positive commenter (on YouTube) saying she had to mute the TV because of how bad it was. And several people made comments like “Ariana I’m so sorry” and “Come back? How about go back?”

At least Lynnea won by a landslide. She gave us "Wolves", "Consequences" and "Tattooed Heart", although not perfect by any means, they showed her growth arc on this show after being on Team Kelly (even better than her times with Kelsea). Even after the show she sang with Kelly lives on her show and did "idontwannabeyouanymore", which was much better than her showings in TV, and it made me even more proud of Kelly.

Edited by Ottoxxx

1 hour ago, Ottoxxx said:

At least Lynnea won by a landslide. She gave us "Wolves", "Consequences" and "Tattooed Heart", although not perfect by any means, they showed her growth arc on this show after being on Team Kelly (even better than her times with Kelsea). Even after the show she sang with Kelly lives on her show and did "idontwannabeyouanymore", which was much better than her showings in TV, and it made me even more proud of Kelly.

I agree that Lynnea actually improved a good bit.

I didn’t watch all of S15, but it was still sad how a lot of team JHud and other talented singers got sent packing in the playoffs, and then Robegate happened. Still, Lynnea is talented, and Kelly’s and the vocal coaches’ coaching helped.

• Like 1