Performances that are "Bad Enough" that they are considered "Good"

Angeles

I have been listening to Berrit's knockout a lot lately. Idk, there is something about it that makes me keep coming back. Like, there is some elements in his performance that i certainly enjoy, even though it was not so good

Edited by Gustavo527

2 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

this performance wasn't terrible, but the way Tarralyn randomly started screaming at 0:38 was always hilarious to me

That has to be one of the most off key parts of any pre-live performance I've ever heard.

31 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Never fails to make me laugh :haha: 

(I like her head voice tho)

Darby actually has a very pretty natural voice, its just the way she uses and affects it that spoils her performances. The way she elongates those syllables while sliding off pitch is so cringy to me. It's like what Kat Hammock did sometimes but on steroids because at least Kat didn't sound like she was faking her voice.

This performance is probably the worst example of that.... I mean, yikes.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Darby actually has a very pretty natural voice, its just the way she uses and affects it that spoils her performances. The way she elongates those syllables while sliding off pitch is so cringy to me. It's like what Kat Hammock did sometimes but on steroids because at least Kat didn't sound like she was faking her voice.

I can tolerate cursive singing (to an extent) but Darby’s higher register was  very grating most of the time and if you add the cursive and her pitch issues on top of it…

Similar problem with Kat, the whispery quality to her voice and cursive combo was just terrible.

Darby´s style and voice are an acquired taste. In my case, her quirkiness is way too much for me, I honestly find it a bit unsettling, but there´s an audience for her, for sure. A lot of people do seem to dig that style, and she does have talent to provide something good for them.

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

And the weird thing is I don't particularly dislike Darby's You Don't Own Me.

I actually kind of liked Darby's run overall? And I generally have an issue with most of the quirky/forced indie voices. Her pre-lives were all 3 solid performances for me though.

On the other hand, I couldn't stand Kat Hammock's voice besides her battle.

Darby's just weird because on paper, I should've disliked her but I ended up liking her more than a lot others. She was on the weakest season though so not too much competition anyways lol.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, Cookie73 said:

Performances that are so bad they’re good or so bad they’re entertaining 

Lucas Holiday’s The Beautiful Ones- It was one of the few performances that made me laugh. It was very entertaining, especially at the end when he started screaming into the mic

But that elmo screamo was on point tho.

It has been said before, but Lucas Holliday's "The Beautiful Ones".

Lucas is a great, soulful vocalist, but Prince is Prince, and if you were gonna give him a song of his, why would it be the one where goes INSANE at the end? I hope Lucas didnt blow his vocal chords there. 

That being said, I come back to it every once in a while. The screaming was forced AF, but I do appreciate that he went for it. Had he hadnt, it would have been like covering Dream On without the high note. And the coaches's "WTF" reactions are gold lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ottoxxx said:

I think this could belong to this thread since the 1st half was bad while the other half was good lo

Kendra Checketts - Bad Guy

I stand by this being one of the better performances of the night. That first bit was obviously dreadful but her recovery was very strong.

I have no idea why Blake picked this song for them apart from the fact that Julio is Latino (which shouldn't have correlated in Blake's head to him being able to sing Gloria Estefan, but...). The vocals were terrible, but Teresa's energy/dancing made it somewhat iconic.

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

I have no idea why Blake picked this song for them apart from the fact that Julio is Latino (which shouldn't have correlated in Blake's head to him being able to sing Gloria Estefan, but...). The vocals were terrible, but Teresa's energy/dancing made it somewhat iconic.

Exactly. If anything the song was closer to Terisa's lane as a female pop vocal :haha:

Love how honest Terisa was on the show by saying that she felt it was pretty much a bus though!

Terisa was a whole mood during her run on the show lol