๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐— ๐—ถ๐—ฎ'๐˜€ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ

QueenMae16

6 minutes ago, Blueberryl0ver said:

She was done dirty by edit like Allegra ๐Ÿฅฒ

But I'm hoping she'll come back next

season

I think she should wait a couple more years at least before trying again,if she decides to try again. ย She needs more time. ย Fortunately for me, I have other singers who I enjoyed and Hailey wasnโ€™t the one I was most rooting for, but I feel sorry for those here who had her as their first choice.

That's sad to see Hailey go too soon. I've always thought she would make the top 5 just like she did on The Voice. It makes me wonder why she auditioned in the first place if she wasn't going to be treated right by producers. It's clear they just didn't like her at all. I think maybe if she picked Minivan friendly songs rather than picking songs she would record for an album, she wouldn't have been eliminated? Strategy is key. She still slayed during her run regardless and I will continue supporting her. Just sad that she won't get her breakout moment on this show. I don't think this show is for her at all. She's better off without it and become successful.ย 

ย ย 

1 hour ago, allistr said:

Should we move this thread back to The Voice forum?

ย 

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

She is eliminated.

ย 

@istersayย @*Wallace can you bring this thread back to The Voice subforum so we can pretend that nothing of this happened?? Thanks.ย 

:teeheewave:

• Haha 6

What a disappointing run, and through no fault of her own. Got the shortest edit for hollywood and showstopper week. Then finally gets to perform in full again, only to get a crappy song choice that doesnt showcase what shes truly capable of. Even then she still deserved to go through. At least she stayed on pitch throughout it all unlike half the contestants that night..

ย 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

What a disappointing run, and through no fault of her own. Got the shortest edit for hollywood and showstopper week. Then finally gets to perform in full again, only to get a crappy song choice that doesnt showcase what shes truly capable of. Even then she still deserved to go through. At least she stayed on pitch throughout it all unlike half the contestants that night..

ย 

Quintavious got the same trash edit and he made it. And she picked that song herself, she even has a cover on Youtube.

ย 

Let's be honest, a good part of her losing it's her fault, she should have waited a few more years to be really ready for this show.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Quintavious got the same trash edit and he made it. And she picked that song herself, she even has a cover on Youtube.

ย 

Let's be honest, a good part of her losing it's her fault, she should have waited a few more years to be really ready for this show.

I mean, she made the voice finals. I don't think she wasn't ready for the show. While she didn't really wow me in her run, she was very solid from what we saw and deserving to go through esp compared to some performances that night.

ย 

That being said, I do agree she should have waited a few more years. Just because 2 years is not a lot of time to improve in the grand scheme of things compared to say, if she joined AI in her early 20s.

ย 

As for song choice. For all we know she could have had a select few songs to choose from, and that was the least worst option.

Edited by Hsamid

59 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I mean, she made the voice finals. I don't think she wasn't ready for the show. While she didn't really wow me in her run, she was very solid from what we saw and deserving to go through esp compared to some performances that night.

ย 

That being said, I do agree she should have waited a few more years. Just because 2 years is not a lot of time to improve in the grand scheme of things compared to say, if she joined AI in her early 20s.

ย 

As for song choice. For all we know she could have had a select few songs to choose from, and that was the least worst option.

The very first thing she did after she left The Voice was to record a cover of that song, and put it on YouTube, and all of the streaming services. She needed songs that connect with the broader audience (median age roughly 60). She did not succeed in doing that in any of the rounds. I just donโ€™t think she understands this at this point.ย 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The very first thing she did after she left The Voice was to record a cover of that song, and put it on YouTube, and all of the streaming services. She needed songs that connect with the broader audience (median age roughly 60). She did not succeed in doing that in any of the rounds. I just donโ€™t think she understands this at this point.ย 

I think she was probably better off picking Minivan friendly songs because her song choices so far have been songs she would most likely record for an album. Minivan had no clue what any of the songs Hailey sang. They don't listen to pop music at all. Hailey seems to be a Billie Eilish or Tate McRae type of artist but on the show like Idol, she needed to be strategic. She needed songs that Minivan and Youtubers would connect to. Maybe ballads are her main strengths? She had her breakout in playoff and instant save. If she had gotten songs like that, she would have fared better. I think song choices unfortunately hurt her chances. Save the poppier type of songs for finale but do Minivan friendly songs during the voting rounds would have helped. I do wonder if some of her song choices weren't cleared by the artists hence the montages or maybe they only showed the good parts. She's still young right now.

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

What makes you think they get to choose their songs?

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Iโ€™m not sure why I keep getting these confused reacts. :haha:ย Tell me what I said that is wrong. Make an argument.ย 

I think we're just in a salty state right now(I'm more like disappointed if anything though)

Anything that we insert the blame on(especially if it's something Hailey had control over) will potentially have a fan redirect blame towards anything else.

ย 

I just don't think she cared to appeal heavily towards Minivan, she learned from The Voice on how to select song choices, so it's not like she was oblivious to this process. Mainly I think the edit did her in and she didn't really have a "sob" story, which is BS but we know how AI works by now. No matter how tragic TV is, AI is apparently awful in their biases and who they want to succeed.ย 

ย 

I do think Hailey overall was done dirty, that's definitely what disappointed me because she has so much potential.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

I think we're just in a salty state right now(I'm more like disappointed if anything though)

Anything that we insert the blame on(especially if it's something Hailey had control over) will potentially have a fan redirect blame towards anything else.

ย 

I just don't think she cared to appeal heavily towards Minivan, she learned from The Voice on how to select song choices, so it's not like she was oblivious to this process. Mainly I think the edit did her in and she didn't really have a "sob" story, which is BS but we know how AI works by now. No matter how tragic TV is, AI is apparently awful in their biases and who they want to succeed.ย 

ย 

I do think Hailey overall was done dirty, that's definitely what disappointed me because she has so much potential.

Thatโ€™s all true, but those song choices were about as bad as it gets.ย 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Two big reasons she made it so far on The Voice is that she was on Kellyโ€™s team and was only 14 at the time.ย 

Being on Kellyโ€™s team helped. Iโ€™m not sure her age was an asset, though. Ariana didnโ€™t keep her, probably because of her age. Remember she had to fight her way out of the playoffs. Donโ€™t you think she legitimately won that instant save? She actually deserved a PV that round, and didnโ€™t get itโ€ฆdespite her age. She was more consistent than at least 1/2 of the adult contestants.ย 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Iโ€™m not sure why I keep getting these confused reacts. :haha:ย Tell me what I said that is wrong. Make an argument.ย 

Lets be real, nearly everyone that uses the confused reaction doesn't do thatย :haha:. It's just a thumbs down.

15 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Lets be real, nearly everyone that uses the confused reaction doesn't do thatย :haha:. It's just a thumbs down.

There are a lot of people who try to convince us that we donโ€™t hear what we say we hear, or see what say we see.ย 

• Like 1

Soโ€ฆalong those lines, I will say this. I believe Hailey still needs to develop her artistry, and come up with a signature style. Become an artist, rather than just a singer. And work on limiting the voice cracks. Maybe that will just take time. I hope she continues.ย 
ย 

Lauren Spencer Smith was discussed in the other thread. She auditioned at age 15, didnโ€™t get much screen time, and was eliminated in the top 20. She now has over 7 million Spotify listeners at age 20. Iโ€™m sure it didnโ€™t all just fall into her lap. She did what she had to do to make it happen.ย 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

It is a shame Hailey was treated like trash by the Idol producers. I wish she made it to the next round, but oh well.ย 

ย 

I hope Hailey does not feel too discouraged about this. She is only 16 after all. She has plenty of time to harness her full potential. She can always come back and give it another shot if she wishes.ย 

ย 

She should not give up. As others have mentioned, some contestants were eliminated early on but still went on to have success. As long as she continues to put in the work, then things can only go up from here.ย ย 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Thatโ€™s all true, but those song choices were about as bad as it gets.ย 

Overall I do have sympathy for her as I see her as a robbed contestant who had so much potential to go far on AI, as she already made the finale on The Voice a few years back. I wish she got to choose or be assigned a song that didnโ€™t require to have like 10 backup singers overpowering her or one that wouldnโ€™t be well received in the fb community which I feel like is setting her up to fail

ย 

I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if past yet strong The Voice artists like Kaylee Shimizu or Kala Banham enter AI only to get the same treatment as Allegra Miles and Hailey Mia ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

Edited by AD25
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AD25 said:

Overall I do have sympathy for her as I see her as a robbed contestant who had so much potential to go far on AI, as she already made the finale on The Voice a few years back. I wish she got to choose or be assigned a song that didnโ€™t require to have like 10 backup singers overpowering her or one that wouldnโ€™t be well received in the fb community which I feel like is setting her up to fail

ย 

I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if past yet strong The Voice artists like Kaylee Shimizu or Kala Banham enter AI only to get the same treatment as Allegra Miles and Hailey Mia ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

I believe some of things mentioned above are possible reasons she got a poor edit. Itโ€™s not the end of the world for her, and she can still have a career. I just donโ€™t think we do her any favors by putting all of the blame on โ€œthe edit.โ€ I realize she will probably read this. What she chooses to do with it is up to her. I hope they also gave her an exit interview with some feedback on things to work on.ย 
ย 

I want her to do well.ย 

• Like 1