𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

Wendy was incredible tonight! That was her best performance to date that I have heard from her! I had chills all over and I loved that she didn't hold back. I was standing up the whole time and she snatched all my wigs and I threw all my shoes, wigs, notebooks, closets, the house, and everyone. All hail Queen Wendy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Entertainment Weekly by Maggie Fremont
And Wendy Moten continues her march toward The Voice season 21 finale. It would be a travesty if she's not in the mix, and even Kelly says so. Although, I'm a little surprised Wendy hasn't leaned into her country background a little bit more by now. I'm not complaining — she nails the Whitney Houston version of this ballad with ease, it's no wonder she got the coveted last spot of the evening. And in another great moment of Blake really repping for his team, he tells Wendy that in all of his 21 seasons on this show, "there's no one that I want this more for, ever, than you." That's so nice!

GoldDerby by Denton Davidson and Marcus James Dixon
Closing out the night is Team Blake's Wendy Moten. She's about the only singer I can imagine coming close to singing this song justice, but she doesn't quite get there. It's a little bombastic and lacking the head voice Whitney gave it, but the coaches are still going wild. Kelly says it will be insane if Wendy doesn't make the finale. Blake says he's been doing this show for 21 seasons and there is nobody he wants it more for than Wendy.

idolchatteryd.com by Mark Franklin
From the blinds, I got the impression Voice producers have picked Wendy as the most likely first black female to win The Voice. Monday's pimp spot sorta backs up that suspicion. With a nice a cappella opening and plenty of vocal firepower, Wendy didn't disappoint here. But the song choice was a disappointment. And Monday's live playoffs showed it might take bigger risks to win Season 21. Grade: A--

MJsBigBlog by MJ Santilli
NOT taking a big risk tonight, is Wendy. She’s performing the Whitney version of the song. It shows off her powerful voice. Yup. She can sing. But her playing it safe tonight is disappointing. Kelly is OBSESSED with the “gifted” Wendy. Blake declares that he wants her to advance more than he has any contestant in 20 seasons. In other words, if she doesn’t make the cut, he’ll pick her to advance.

TalentRecap by Jill O'Rourke
Wendy Moten closed the show with a performance of "I Will Always Love You" that blew the roof off. Clarkson said it would be "insane if you don't make it to the finale," while Shelton said he's rooting for her more than any other artist he's ever coached.

TVLine by Charlie Mason
It will come as a shock to absolutely no one who has ever heard Wendy that she absolutely slayed her Whitney Houston cover — to the point that her coach admitted that he wanted a victory more for her than he ever had any other contestant. But I’m sticking to my guns; Wendy’s a goddess, no doubt, but I still found Samuel more compelling. Grade: A

Yahoo!Entertainment by Lyndsey Parker (Editor in Chief, Yahoo Music)
Well, damn. Wendy closed the show in fabulous style, even nailing that iconic a cappella intro. This wasn't a particularly original performance, but it was classic.

My prediction: America will vote for Wendy and Lana, Blake will pick Paris, Peedy will sing for the Save.
Blake Shelton surprisingly plays favorites on 'The Voice' playoffs
Reigning, incumbent coach Blake Shelton's team performed last, and it was at the very end of the night that Blake made a bold statement about his clear favorite, veteran pro background vocalist Wendy Moten — seemingly not caring if he alienated his other team members or even the viewers at home. After Wendy (whose first song of the season had been declared one of "the top three Blind Auditions of all time" and "one of the best vocals I have ever heard on this show" by Blake) stunned with a faithful, tasteful rendition of the Whitney Houston version of "I Will Always Love You," Blake once again raved about his frontrunner. "I'll probably catch a lot of heat for it, but I don't care. I've been doing this show for 21 seasons now as a coach. There is nobody I want this more for — ever — than you. You deserve this. You deserve this," Blake told Wendy in the final few minutes of Monday's episode.

A 56-year-old 20 Feet From Stardom type who scored a respectable solo hit in 1992 with "Come in Out of the Rain" and has worked with Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, John Oates, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Tyler, Alice Cooper, Buddy Guy, Michael Bolton, Michael McDonald, and Al Jarreau, Wendy certainly has been waiting for her much-deserved moment in the spotlight. And it's doubtful that her coach's audacious proclamation will backfire with voters, because she really was that magnificent this week. Even Blake's chief rival, Kelly Clarkson, has to agree, gushing to Wendy: "I'm obsessed with you. You are so gifted. That is such a big song. Don't think I missed that little run you did. I was like, 'What?' You're so incredible. It's insane if you don't make the finale."
Surely Wendy will advance one way or another. If in some crazy upset she doesn't get the votes, Blake will surely put her through as his pick. And if she actually has to sing for the Save, she'll easily slay competition.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Persy said:

Wendy was incredible tonight! That was her best performance to date that I have heard from her! I had chills all over and I loved that she didn't hold back. I was standing up the whole time and she snatched all my wigs and I threw all my shoes, wigs, notebooks, closets, the house, and everyone. All hail Queen Wendy!

Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by Top Talent
It’s so hard to rank Wendy’s performances - they have all been phenomenal! 😊 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

tragic 🥲 At least they won’t get deleted on here.

Yeah very true. I'm just giving high praises for everyone and giving everyone my support and votes. My grandparents called Wendy the winner of the show and they think Bella will get at least third or second.

• Like 1

Wendy should be Team Blake's first PV tonight, and she should easily advance to the finale. Based on viewer comments about last night's performance, a winning strategy moving forward might be songs Wendy feels a personal connection with lyrically rather than songs that prove her vocal skills. I hope she gets a chance to show her storyteller and emoting ability on a country song with wide audience appeal.

• Like 2