𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

12 hours ago, RTV said:

"Can't We Get Along" was mentioned in the Buzz Talk Live interview.

Pat Boone said this about the song: 

The 1991 Rodney King beating sparked the L.A. riots. When he came out of the hospital, instead of saying something inflammatory, he was calling for understanding. I said, "That's what we need!" and wrote CAN'T WE GET ALONG. It laid around for almost 30 years, then it hit me, this should be the anthem of where we are now! When we think of 2020, this is the song we'll remember.

This song is so relevant right now and Wendy’s voice sounds amazing on it - so much passion and emotion! 🥺🤍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWI9Ga4gF4g/?utm_medium=copy_link
BDC7-D373-2619-408-E-A133-064-D35-B76098

It definitely seems like Wendy intends on sticking to the classics that “should never be forgotten.” That includes classic country too. 😏 Needless to say, I am so excited for her next performance! 😊 

She sounds happy and grateful in the Instagram video. I really hope she wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh yeah, I bet that’s who she will dedicate next week’s performance to. 

Wendy often mentions Julio Iglesias teaching her a lot about performing and still being a mentor. They made a great duet team. She could dedicate the performance to him or to another person who has been influential in her career.

She could also do a dedication to her parents, James and Viola.

But I think David would be a great choice.

(I posted links to pictures of her parents and David from Wendy's Instagram account on page 40 of this thread.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTV said:

Wendy often mentions Julio Iglesias teaching her a lot about performing and still being a mentor. They made a great duet team. She could dedicate the performance to him or to another person who has been influential in her career.

She could also do a dedication to her parents, James and Viola.

But I think David would be a great choice.

(I posted links to pictures of her parents and David from Wendy's Instagram account on page 40 of this thread.)

I think David would be the best choice. There’s definitely potential for an emotional moment there. If we go down the route of career influences, then I wouldn’t mind a Martina song. 😏

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I think David would be the best choice. There’s definitely potential for an emotional moment there. If we go down the route of career influences, then I wouldn’t mind a Martina song. 😏

I agree. She talks about how much time they've spent apart due to touring and working on their individual musical careers, yet they still seem to have a great relationship built on mutual respect, admiration, and friendship. Focusing on their careers is also the reason Wendy cites for not having children. She basically says the years passed quickly until they were too old to start a family.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RTV said:

I agree. She talks about how much time they've spent apart due to touring and working on their individual musical careers, yet they still seem to have a great relationship built on mutual respect, admiration, and friendship. Focusing on their careers is also the reason Wendy cites for not having children. She basically says the years passed quickly until they were too old to start a family.

I’m glad they value each other’s careers. ✨

https://www.musicconnection.com/singers-sound-off-2021

03/29/21

by Eric Harabadian:

"Wendy Moten is revered in industry circles as a singer's singer. Since the early '90s she has carved out a career as a first-call session musician and side person to the stars."

Wendy discusses her background, vocal training, vocal coaches, and work with Vince Gill and Julio Iglesias. She drinks Alpine Apple Cider tea "before every show and every session."

• Like 1

i finally got around to watching this video (i believe it has already been posted here), and i HIGHLY recommend it to any Wendy stans out there!! it gives such an interesting overview of her career and her journey to becoming the artist she is today. i’m so grateful that she is on this show🥰

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i finally got around to watching this video (i believe it has already been posted here), and i HIGHLY recommend it to any Wendy stans out there!! it gives such an interesting overview of her career and her journey to becoming the artist she is today. i’m so grateful that she is on this show🥰

Ugh yes, I love this video! I believe @RTV shared it in here earlier. It really helps you understand Wendy’s journey up to this point.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1