𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

14 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

It has been worth waiting 21 seasons to discover Wendy via The Voice. ☺️
 It has been 3 loooong months waiting to watch her slay on live tv and it’s almost here. November can’t come fast enough🤞

Yes it has! She is one of the best vocalists to ever go on the show!

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. 😉

13 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Wendy is one of the artists I’m particularly excited for in the Lives. It would be a great opportunity to show her versatility, and she can deliver some great performances. I can say that she is one of the best vocalists that has ever been on the show, and I can see her in the finale, especially with Blake as her coach. He’s done really well with R&B artists in recent seasons. 

Yeah, she could technically do a different genre each week! :haha: Blake is definitely going to help her go far.

19 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This is such a great video! She has been through so much. I love her honesty and mindset in the video.

Yes. I'm definitely rooting for Wendy to win. But if she doesn't, I hope she enjoys this experience and it benefits her career.

• Like 2

Porretta Soul Festival was founded on 12/10/87 by Graziano Uliani and features live southern soul music. It is held in Italy's Rufus Thomas Park, the open air amphitheater in Porretta Terme, province of Bologna.

Wendy was among the artists at the 32nd Porretta Soul Festival from July 18-21, 2019.
porretta2019_artists.jpg

She took the stage on Saturday evening, July 20.

https://porretta2019.blogspot.com/2019/08/wendy-moten.html

American soul and blues singer Wee Willie Walker and Wendy also sang a duet that night. Walker was born 12/23/41 in Mississippi but grew up in Memphis. He died in his sleep on 11/19/19 in his Minnesota apartment.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:16 AM, RTV said:

I think this showcases how great of a duet singer she is. She could have ripped him to shreds with her vocals, but she held back and let him shine. She fit into character perfectly as well. Her gestures fit the mood of the song. 

The original all-night arts festival is the White Nights Festival held annually in Saint Petersburg, Russia. That city sees the sun set after 10 p.m. during the summer solstice, and the skies never reach complete darkness.

According to this video, Wendy was the 2011 winner of White Nights Festival in Saint Petersburg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RTV said:

The original all-night arts festival is the White Nights Festival held annually in Saint Petersburg, Russia. That city sees the sun set after 10 p.m. during the summer solstice, and the skies never reach complete darkness.

According to this video, Wendy was the 2011 winner of White Nights Festival in Saint Petersburg.

This was definitely a more restrained vocal. I really felt the emotion in her voice. The song/arrangement allowed her to showcase some more subtle vocal tricks.

3 hours ago, RTV said:

Also, she performed in Russia? 😮 The queen has been everywhere. :haha:

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, she performed in Russia? 😮 The queen has been everywhere. :haha:

It would seem so. Wendy also sang "Come In Out of the Rain" live for the festival, but she has better recorded versions of it.

One of the perks of touring with Julio Iglesias was seeing the world. I wonder if she misses all the traveling.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1