American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

3 hours ago, MR108 said:

It would be unfair not to show all top 24 audition!!

Probably, but I remember that some people who made the semifinals didn't get any screen time beforehand even when the show was on Fox.  LaToya London was one such person, and she came in fourth.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 5:05 AM, Idol Maniac said:

Cadence Baker - "The Story" by Brandi Carlile

Overused song on The Voice, but she's going to slay that.

Jacob Moran - "Is That Alright?" (from A Star Is Born) by Lady Gaga

Ohh?? That's like... a moment song. I'm not a fan of really high male voices, but we'll see.

Mike Parker - "Second Guessing" by Florida-Georgia Line

A Songland song by Florida Georgia Line? Now I'm really curious as to what he did with that song to convince the judges to put him through.

Tristen made Top 24? interesting 

On 5/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, Idol Maniac said:

Tristen Gressett (with guitar) - "Come Together" by The Beatles *

This sounds like a good song choice for him though. 

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

is anyone else gonna dip for the rest of the episode :ph34rwave:

i'm sorry i can't bring myself to care about people who won't make it far 😭 

lmaoooo the two Top 24 acts being the first 2 shown in the episode made me really annoyed as well, but I have nothing else better to do so I'm just going to keep tuning in for now

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

is anyone else gonna dip for the rest of the episode :ph34rwave:

i'm sorry i can't bring myself to care about people who won't make it far 😭 

Knowing that Katyrah and Fritz are probably not getting aired, I think I’ll just stop watching till Hollywood when it actually gets interesting 

With how this episode has been going, I think TPTB really want Cadence and Tristen to stand out. Tristen was bound to stand out either way, but I think this might help Cadence in the long run since she does not have as much of a memorability factor compared to other females in the competition like Nicolina, Kenedi, and Leah imo. Being seen as one of the best/most memorable auditions of this episode could come to her advantage.  

Edited by m1key

In addition to Ava, Sage, Scarlet, who are T24. Many candidates like Clavell,Yoli Maior,  Lexi, Valerie Marie, Oliva Faye, Ashley Blaire, Toni Alers,who are contestants who went to the end of Hollywood Week/GreenMile Round will not be aired too. Imagine Anaya Cheyenne, Jade Flores, Kendra Checkets and Rebecca Howell Who didn't make it all the end of the week 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

27 minutes ago, olaui.hoho said:

In addition to Ava, Sage, Scarlet, who are T24. Many candidates like Clavell,Yoli Maior,  Lexi, Valerie Marie, Oliva Faye, Ashley Blaire, Toni Alers,who are contestants who went to the end of Hollywood Week/GreenMile Round will not be aired too. Imagine Anaya Cheyenne, Jade Flores, Kendra Checkets and Rebecca Howell Who didn't make it all the end of the week 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

The worst thing about being "spoiled" for Idol, in my opinion, is finding favorites pre-season just for them to barely be televised on the show at all. On a show like The Voice, contestants might be montaged or short clipped, but either way they are still going to be shown in SOME capacity. As for Idol, you can never guarantee who is going to be shown because of the format and how many more contestants there are. This could easily takes the joy out of the season for some spoiled viewers when their faves do not get aired or they do not get the treatment that they deserve.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, m1key said:

The worst thing about being "spoiled" for Idol, in my opinion, is finding favorites pre-season just for them to barely be televised on the show at all. On a show like The Voice, contestants might be montaged or short clipped, but either way they are still going to be shown in SOME capacity. As for Idol, you can never guarantee who is going to be shown because of the format and how many more contestants there are. This could easily takes the joy out of the season for some spoiled viewers when their faves do not get aired or they do not get the treatment that they deserve.

Agreed with all of this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, m1key said:

I tend to avoid it by not looking at spoilers until later on, and not looking at the Top 24 until the show begins to pick favorites.