Coldplay Song Suggestions

BamBam

What you all thinking??

Gotta believe Yellow goes to Arthur or Chayce.

Fix you hopefully is Casey. Could be Grace.

Really no idea what Caleb is gonna do. And Willie gonna be forced to steer away from the female power ballad.

Id love to see Grace do a cover of The Scientist like Maelyn's on The Voice because it would show off the more delicate side of her voice while still being vocally impressive, but thats more of a wish than a prediction.

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Willie Nelson covered the Scientist, so Casey might fight for that.

Yeah I think if Fix You goes to Grace, then Casey may end up with the scientist. Think that one fits best with her or Hunter.

Cassandra could have done "The Scientist" I'm so sad....

But I guess it can go to Casey now.

But having to hear 4 basic dudes with guitars sing Coldplay is going to be EXHAUSTING. 

Grace with - "Sky Full Of Stars"

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, joe14 said:

All the Fix You suggestions 🥴...Am I the only one hoping no one is basic enough to go that route. That song is so overdone.

I totally agree with you about that! Personally speaking, I'd like to hear the contestants cover Coldplay songs that haven't been covered to death before. I really wish the contestants would consider singing songs like Clocks, Hymn for the Weekend, Something Just Like This, Speed of Sound, Talk and Adventure of a Lifetime over Fix You and The Scientist. I feel some of the contestants are definitely good enough to make those songs work for them.

Edited by Winterfan
  • Like 1

What in the world is this theme. I like Coldplay but an entire theme around it? Good lord.

Grace NEEDS to do "The Scientist." That would slay. She could do great on "Fix You" as well. I don't want anyone touching "Yellow" that was one of my favorite performances by Alejandro! :wub:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

But having to hear 4 basic dudes with guitars sing Coldplay is going to be EXHAUSTING. 

just having to hear 7 karaoke songs of coldplay is exhausting. 

but I am sure Arthur will rock it!! 

Edited by blackfield

Grace - Fix You

Casey - The Scientist 

Willie - Paradise 

Chayce - Viva La Vida 

Caleb - Trouble or A Sky Full Of Stars 

Arthur - Yellow

Hunter - In My Place

On 5/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, Shasta357 said:

What in the world is this theme. I like Coldplay but an entire theme around it? Good lord.

Grace NEEDS to do "The Scientist." That would slay. She could do great on "Fix You" as well. I don't want anyone touching "Yellow" that was one of my favorite performances by Alejandro! :wub:

FYI They have a new album coming this year, so they're promoting it on American Idol.

Grace - Paradise

Casey - Charlie Brown

Willie - Broken

Chayce - In My Place

Caleb - Adventure of a Lifetime

Arthur - Ink

Hunter - Strawberry Swing

Edited by Starry_Night

On 5/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, QueenMae16 said:

On 5/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, Shasta357 said:

MTE on all of this. :dead: 

I'd like.... 

Willie to do "Fix You" (also would like that for Grace)

Grace for "The Scientist" (although Hunter isn't bad for that either)

I'm not sure what else.... but I'd like to hear someone do "Yellow" and "A Sky Full of Stars." I also like "Viva La Vida" but not sure who would cover that. :haha: 

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I also like "Viva La Vida" but not sure who would cover that. :haha: 

Maybe Willie? For some reason, I just started to think today that he might be able to do a good job covering that song, especially if he were to slow it down a little bit.