AI 19 ● Top 16 Reveal and Performance ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Oh God, Colon is the boy-band guy. I blame Tori Kelly. :dead:

Well it's better than blaming American Idol, since they at least had the good sense to cut her early. Sadly, she somehow managed to become a star anyway.

(And no, I've never heard her as an artist. I'm judging her solely based on her guest appearances on Idol, where they take credit for her like that's something to be proud of.)

15 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I can't remember this performance but I believe you on this. But James Bay is a professional recording artist and Colin isn't (at least not right now).... so there is a difference there. :haha: 

[link] It was from the year they got nominated for BNA (the outcome of which I raged about on here lmao :lmao:)

True, it takes time for someone to get up to that level... But the way Colin sang "Hollow" was not up to par for my standards...

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Courtney Love doesn’t the rights to Nirvana songs? :unsure:

She owns Kurt’s stake in the Nirvana songs, but Kris and Dave own part of them too.

It’s why her and Dave hate each other, because she keeps trying to milk Kurt’s legacy and Dave is refusing to let her. ❤️

Just now, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Well it's better than blaming American Idol, since they at least had the good sense to cut her early. Sadly, she somehow managed to become a star anyway.

They didn’t cut her. She actually originally made the Top 24 but refused to sign the contract so she couldn’t advance.

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I have a feeling another one of my favorites will be robbed tonight. :unsure:

Ugh I am already prepared for this. 😢 Predicting Madison not to make it of my faves of this group. Worried for Jason and Beane though too.

1 minute ago, pepperman said:

Casey Abrams sang "Smells like Teen Spirit" in Season 10, so Nirvana songs seem to be available!   Casey Bishop would sound awesome on "Heart Shaped Box" 

Let's not talk about that performance, lol. 🙈

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She owns Kurt’s stake in the Nirvana songs, but Kris and Dave own part of them too.

It’s why her and Dave hate each other, because she keeps trying to milk Kurt’s legacy and Dave is refusing to let her. ❤️

Ah, I see. Interesting. :haha:

5 minutes ago, pepperman said:

Casey Abrams sang "Smells like Teen Spirit" in Season 10, so Nirvana songs seem to be available!   Casey Bishop would sound awesome on "Heart Shaped Box" 

They talked in Casey’s video package how they had to reach out specifically to get that song cleared for Casey to do because Nirvana never cleared their songs before. It was cleared solely for that one performance and hasn’t been cleared again since.

Led Zepplin is also similar - they only clear their songs for one time use (or reprisals) on Idol, so just because Adam, Caleb and Haley sang those songs doesn’t mean they’re available for other contestants. :haha:

Similarly, David Cook was intending to do My Hero by Foo Fighters for S7’s Idol Gives Back week but it wasn’t cleared by the time they recorded their studio versions, so he had to do Innocent instead. 💔 

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1