AI19 Post-Merge Finals #1 (Top 9 Newbies + Few Returnees) Theme

Idol Maniac

• Idol Maniac changed the title to AI19 Post-Merge Finals #1 (Top 9 Newbies + Few Returnees) Theme
1 minute ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Well, at least Alyssa won’t be doing that one.

She wanted to do “Circle of Life,” but Willie wants to do that one so I think she now wants to do a jazzy version of something from the Little Mermaid.

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

She wanted to do “Circle of Life,” but Willie wants to do that one so I think she now wants to do a jazzy version of something from the Little Mermaid.

Jazzy versions of Disney Songs arent good, lets ask Julia Gargano about that LOL

I guess this returnees thing is really going to happen...why are they doing this???...they never did this in any other season, it takes away from the talent already there....I'll be pissed off if one of the returnees end up winning this season...

As a huge Disney fan, I hope Disney night never goes away. I don't think they will ever get rid of it because it is the perfect corporate synergy. However, It seems like they choose from the same list of 20 Disney songs every year. Here's hoping they will get to do some different Disney songs this season. I don't need to hear "Colors of the Wind", "How Far I'll Go" or "You Got a Friend in Me" on Idol ever again.

Some songs I would like to see done:

"He Lives in You" from The Lion King on Broadway

"So Close" from Enchanted

"Go the Distance" from Hercules

"You're Welcome" from Moana

"Show Yourself" from Frozen II

"Ever Ever After" from Enchanted

"Try Everything" from Zootopia

"I See the Light" from Tangled, specifically by Ava August

1 hour ago, IdolFan117 said:

As a huge Disney fan, I hope Disney night never goes away. I don't think they will ever get rid of it because it is the perfect corporate synergy. However, It seems like they choose from the same list of 20 Disney songs every year. Here's hoping they will get to do some different Disney songs this season. I don't need to hear "Colors of the Wind", "How Far I'll Go" or "You Got a Friend in Me" on Idol ever again.

Me too. "He Lives in You" is also used in The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. I hope they allow sequels. The Lion King 2 songs are really great - He Lives in You, We Are One and Love Will Find a Way.

15 hours ago, IdolFan117 said:

Ada had wanted to sing They Live In You but was told it doesn’t count (even though it’s been used in both the musical and the sequel, and both Diana Ross and Tina Turner recorded it). Maybe now that it was used in the recent CGI version they’ll change their mind. 

Enchanted at least should count, since they allowed Pete’s Dragon. 

If Alyssa were lucky they’d allow Aida, but probably not. 

Edited by muse273