The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

She definitely seems to care. I hope she helps her people after, maybe with a tour invitation to perform with her, some studio time, etc.

Right!! And collabs!! If she collabs with any of her artists that’ll give them soo much exposure. 

If I was auditioning I wouldn’t even think twice about picking her over the others.

7 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Right!! And collabs!! If she collabs with any of her artists that’ll give them soo much exposure. 

If I was auditioning I wouldn’t even think twice about picking her over the others.

i heard she got her own record deal, if she gets them to sign to that, i could see them being set in the industry. and the artists are already getting fanbases for themselves so that would be a nice benefit

13 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

i heard she got her own record deal, if she gets them to sign to that, i could see them being set in the industry. and the artists are already getting fanbases for themselves so that would be a nice benefit

Adam Levine said his big frustration was NBC/The Voice does a great job offering exposure, but the artists get to the record label and no one there cares. Coincidentally (or not) Ariana is signed to Republic. So whoever wins may get a boost in attention from the label bc of her. We'll have to see. 

I'm mostly hoping she can get them connected with decent songwriters/producers and festival bookers. If they put out an album and it flops, oh well, that's business. But at least if they have support creatively, plus notice from her platform, and a chance to perform live at some notable places, that would be a massive starting off point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

For the millionth time: Montages are not a result of time constraints. They are done on purpose.

Some, not all.

It's a bit of both. The bad ones definitely get covered up, other battles that are rather inconsequential if they don't air generally get montaged. Although again, not sure how to explain the S15 battle montages...

16 minutes ago, OneDayACat said:

Adam Levine said his big frustration was NBC/The Voice does a great job offering exposure, but the artists get to the record label and no one there cares. Coincidentally (or not) Ariana is signed to Republic. So whoever wins may get a boost in attention from the label bc of her. We'll have to see. 

I'm mostly hoping she can get them connected with decent songwriters/producers and festival bookers. If they put out an album and it flops, oh well, that's business. But at least if they have support creatively, plus notice from her platform, and a chance to perform live at some notable places, that would be a massive starting off point.

Ariana is the test case. Some how after 21 seasons, she’s the first coach signed to the same label as the winners. We’ll see if that matters one iota.

• Like 1

If Ariana was the one to come up with the comebacks idea like she says in the screenshot, I'd guess that happened after the battle results when Arianators lost their minds with her picking Katherine. She probably keeps a close eye in the social media so I wonder how much that's gonna affect her playoffs decisions.

53 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She definitely seems to care. I hope she helps her people after, maybe with a tour invitation to perform with her, some studio time, etc.

I think she for sure will, but am I the only one who sees this potentially causing some interesting dynamics on the show, especially if she comes back again next season, which I think she will. I could see some of the non #teamariana contestants feeling somewhat shorted. Has what you get out of choosing a particular coach ever been so uneven? It is hard for me to imagine many contestants not choosing her if she turns for them next season. 

Also, I think part of it is just her personality, but I do think part of it is having 12 (or 24, if we count next season) contestants rather than hundreds. Blake was certainly more involved in his early seasons, as was Kelly. It gets to a point where that is not sustainable. Ariana just has way more potential pull post show due to her following and also possibly her position of being signed to the same label. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I think she for sure will, but am I the only one who sees this potentially causing some interesting dynamics on the show, especially if she comes back again next season, which I think she will. I could see some of the non #teamariana contestants feeling somewhat shorted. Has what you get out of choosing a particular coach ever been so uneven? It is hard for me to imagine many contestants not choosing her if she turns for them next season. 

It will depend, honestly. She seems really sweet and caring about her contestants, but we'll see what she does outside the show. If she manages to legit help her people in a significant way, then yeah, I dont see an excuse for not picking her if she turns for you next season, if you want to really make it in the industry.

Its worth noting that contestants might want to go on the show with different motivations. Some might not care about superstardom, they just want to be able to charge more for their gigs or simply work with their idol, which could be one of the three other coaches.

Edited by Misirlou

2 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

did you guys check out the description for next week's tuesday's episode? live top 20 elimination. it says that the winner from the comeback vote will be joining artists from the wildcard instant saves.

That’s a terrible way to structure the wildcard. Why not just have the comeback perform with their team and compete like normal? Not to mention it puts them at an even bigger disadvantage 

5 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

did you guys check out the description for next week's tuesday's episode? live top 20 elimination. it says that the winner from the comeback vote will be joining artists from the wildcard instant saves.

So Vaughn is not performing Monday, but Tuesday. He'll be competing for the WC I guess, which would mean 5 contestants there, 1 per team, except Team Ariana will have 2. 

Just give him "When I Was Your Man" and he wins it, depending on his opponents.

Edited by Misirlou

11 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That’s a terrible way to structure the wildcard. Why not just have the comeback perform with their team and compete like normal? Not to mention it puts them at an even bigger disadvantage 

The comeback winner is already a leg above over 4 contestants that wont even make it to WC, and he wont even have to perform on Monday while they will.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

I don’t know who else will be in the wildcard but he’s probably going to win it.

10 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Parachute in after getting eliminated in battles, and have equal footing with contestants who made it that far on their merits. Ridiculous! 

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The comeback winner is already a leg above over 4 contestants that wont even make it to WC, and he wont even have to perform on Monday while they will.

Watch TPTB giving him the pimp spot because...well, you know, TPTB being TPTB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1