The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

I think David vs. Joshua for PV #2 is going to depend on their playoffs performances (leaning David right now based on Facebook stats) and whichever one doesn’t get the PV will likely be the wildcard artist.

Oh y’all so confident Jershika is gonna flop… ok, she gonna get that 2nd PV WATCH

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Oh y’all so confident Jershika is gonna flop… ok, she gonna get that 2nd PV WATCH

I don’t see her flopping, I just see it being an unfortunate situation where everyone is good on Team Legend but she ends up just being the one with the least support (given current Facebook trends). If I’m wrong, I won’t complain since she’s very good, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up until after her KO airs on Monday.

• Like 1

New promo with Ed Sheeran on YT. Only new pairing shown walking in was Jim and Sasha/Manny, Shadale on rehearsal and Ed high fiving Paris. The other pairings already were aired this week.

Also, interesting conversation at 2:00 between him and Legend regarding if the best singer actually tends to win the show.

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, interesting conversation at 2:00 between him and Legend regarding if the best singer actually tends to win the show.

Ed: Is it usually the best singer that wins the show?

John: No.

How that conversation should've gone

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Calling LiBianca’s performance “breakout” is quite a stretch. She lost on the app by a margin almost as big as the one Wendy had over Jonathan. 

It may not have been a breakout performance for those that use app, but it was a breakout performance for many considering she executed her song choice beautifully. While I have not given my thoughts on too many performances (I have been really busy this past week), I loved her performance and think she deserves more exposure for sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

It may not have been a breakout performance for those that use app, but it was a breakout performance for many considering she executed her song choice beautifully. While I have not given my thoughts on too many performances (I have been really busy this past week), I loved her performance and think she deserves more exposure for sure.

Good point here. Breakout performance for minivan/app users is very different to a breakout performance to other audiences (there are many more and some tend to forget that lol)

Yes, minivan is the one with most of the voting power, but exposure in other SMs is amazing for these artists, and I've seen many comments talking about Libianca positively and more people noticing her now, so I don't see an issue with calling her KO a breakthrough tbh

• Like 2

Personally, I thought LiBianca’s audition was phenomenal, but IMO, she needed that flawless Knockout performance. It made her known and relevant in the heads of those who had forgotten about her after the montage. Therefore, I’d say it’s fair to call it a “breakout moment.” 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Personally, I thought LiBianca’s audition was phenomenal, but IMO, she needed that flawless Knockout performance. It made her known and relevant in the heads of those who had forgotten about her after the montage. Therefore, I’d say it’s fair to call it a “breakout moment.” 

I agree. Even though her style isn’t my favorite, I’d say that she really stepped it up from her Blind, and it also helped her after her montaged Battle.

48 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Good point here. Breakout performance for minivan/app users is very different to a breakout performance to other audiences (there are many more and some tend to forget that lol)

Yes, minivan is the one with most of the voting power, but exposure in other SMs is amazing for these artists, and I've seen many comments talking about Libianca positively and more people noticing her now, so I don't see an issue with calling her KO a breakthrough tbh

Exactly. The YouTube viemers loved her, just take a look at the comments under her KO. While YouTube is not a good indicator at all for voting, it's nice to see her being praised there a lot. 

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I think David vs. Joshua for PV #2 is going to depend on their playoffs performances (leaning David right now based on Facebook stats) and whichever one doesn’t get the PV will likely be the wildcard artist.

I think the Comebacks will be fighting for the Wildcard, actually.  Whoever doesn't get the coach save will likely go home.

Just now, gabe0101 said:

Not sure why Lana is never talked about to make it far. She’s Blake’s only country singer and you know what that means 😈

Unfortunately, the country advantage doesn't apply when you are an adult female. 

Plus, she sings country-pop,  pretty sure the audience doesn't like that. If you want to really win the audience being a country singer, you have to sing mostly classic country. 

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I think the Comebacks will be fighting for the Wildcard, actually.  Whoever doesn't get the coach save will likely go home.

We’ll likely know more tomorrow; without more info, I’m assuming it’s the same format as S17 with the comeback idea from S9/10/12/13 incorporated alongside it.

12 minutes ago, Rodney said:

That's really unfair but we all know The Voice isn't fair :haha:

It could also be like the 4-way KO winner adding an extra person to someone's playoffs team. Why would they ask us to vote on the app a week before if all the comebacks would be fighting for a wildcard?

• Like 2