The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'm actually surprised that the first source that gave info on Taping 1 missed the triple steal. Probably forgot since at the end Kinsey stayed with Kelly either way.

That didn't even identify her as Kinsey at first, so I'm not surprised. :haha:

Have sources ever really exaggerated a contestant’s performance or exaggerated how good a contestant’s performance was and have sources ever said a performance was average even tho it wasn’t?( if that makes sense)

Edited by Mohammad

3 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Have sources ever really exaggerated a contestant’s performance or exaggerated how good a contestant’s performance was and have sources ever said a performance was average even tho it wasn’t?( if that makes sense)

Yes, it happens all the time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

These were some examples where the majority of IDF did not agree with a source:

- A source said Shane Q's KO was "obviously outstanding".

- I'm a fan of hers', but sources definitely overhyped Payge Turner's performances in S19.

- Allegra Miles' and Corey Ward's KO performances are also two examples where IDF liked them much better than the source.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

These were some examples where the majority of IDF did not agree with a source:

- A source said Shane Q's KO was "obviously outstanding".

- I'm a fan of hers', but sources definitely overhyped Payge Turner's performances in S19.

- Allegra Miles' and Corey Ward's KO performances are also two examples where IDF liked them much better than the source.

Some IDFers watched Corey’s Knockout live and they liked it, so I went in expecting his Knockout to be good and he didn’t disappoint

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If I'm correct, all of the "steal" KO matchups have been highly praised by the sources, so that'll give y'all an idea of IDF's expectations for them.

Do we have anything on Ryleigh vs David? @Bk1234 I don't recall anything on them besides the song choices.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, jus.willy said:

4 - Ryleigh (Midnight Sky) vs. David Vogel (LYTLM)

-David had a stripped back guitar arrangement and everyone loved it

-Ryleigh, super cool and did notes beyond what Miley did in the original

-VERY hard for Ari

- Ryleigh was “INSANE”

Here is the source feedback for Ryleigh vs David (Go to page 335). Looks like both were positively received.

This definitely seems to be another season where all 4 Knockout steals are deserved

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Here is the source feedback for Ryleigh vs David (Go to page 335). Looks like both were positively received.

This definitely seems to be another season where all 4 Knockout steals are deserved

thanks! looking forward to all the KO steal pairings. If what David did was anything to close to what he did in his "When She Loved Me" cover, I'll probably love it.

Just now, FloorWax said:

thanks! looking forward to all the KO steal pairings. If what David did was anything to close to what he did in his "When She Loved Me" cover, I'll probably love it.

This is the second season in a row where an alternative rock guy sings Lose You to Love Me. Though I’m pretty sure these versions will be different

8 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

This is the second season in a row where an alternative rock guy sings Lose You to Love Me. Though I’m pretty sure these versions will be different

We'll likely see him with his guitar again, I expect it to be similar to breathin, except this seems like a better song choice for him.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see how IDF recieves this match. Its a lot of praise given. Paris in particular has been lukewarmly recieved here.

2 - Jershika Maple (TBA) vs. Paris Winningham (Tennessee Whiskey)

-Jershika - nice vocal acrobatics, strong performance, reminded them of Kymberli alot 

-Jershika was extremely strong and powerful 

-Paris had super precise runs, lots of range, took off his glasses as a power move

-very difficult decision/John struggled

-Paris cried after his steal

The most praised KO was Jershika vs Paris Winningham across the board with all sources. They all agreed Jershika and Paris both evenly NAILED IT.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'm curious to see how IDF recieves this match. Its a lot of praise given. Paris in particular has been lukewarmly recieved here.

2 - Jershika Maple (TBA) vs. Paris Winningham (Tennessee Whiskey)

-Jershika - nice vocal acrobatics, strong performance, reminded them of Kymberli alot 

-Jershika was extremely strong and powerful 

-Paris had super precise runs, lots of range, took off his glasses as a power move

-very difficult decision/John struggled

-Paris cried after his steal

The most praised KO was Jershika vs Paris Winningham across the board with all sources. They all agreed Jershika and Paris both evenly NAILED IT.

My guess is that IDF will prefer Jershika. Paris' KO will be respected as a great performance but it won't be a favorite.

i'm expecting it to be one of the better versions of Tennessee Whiskey we've had on the show, tbh. Better than Shane Q, about on par with Natasia, but not as good as Adam Wakefield.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Office Space No GIF

It's fine. She did her thing on the show and did it very well. It was just that, before the actual show aired, some were convinced (including me) that her KO would be an all-time great based on the source comments. S19 pre-season overhyping was a different breed. I mean, people thought Tamara would be Kyla 2.0

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Do we have anything on Ryleigh vs David? @Bk1234 I don't recall anything on them besides the song choices.

-David sang a stripped back guitar version.

-Ryleigh was insane and hit notes beyond what Miley did in the original.

-The decision was VERY hard for Ariana. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jem128 said:

How early do they usually head back to LA before the live shows start? LiBianca mentioned having to leave her dog in her story. 

The week the Knockouts start, usually.  They need at least two weeks to prepare their Live Playoff performances.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jem128 said:

How early do they usually head back to LA before the live shows start? LiBianca mentioned having to leave her dog in her story. 

GNT is leaving next week (or maybe it’s this week rn), according to sources.

Edited by Bk1234