The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

20 minutes ago, pauwis said:

some song options ..
about the outfits: many are incredible!! (Bella, Katie, KJ, Samuel, Peedy, Hailey, Brittany and Samara 100/10

Lana did look a bit like Queen Elizabeth I in rehearsal with how white her face is and how red her lips are

So far, I think "Save Your Tears" for Libianca and Tommy takes the title for most WTF battle song choice so far. Camila/Shawn for KJ and Samuel and the Biebs for Jeremy/Jershika are close behind.

If Ariana actually chose the songs for her team, well done. Hers are pretty much flawless.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So far, I think "Save Your Tears" for Libianca and Tommy takes the title for most WTF battle song choice so far. Camila/Shawn for KJ and Samuel and the Biebs for Jeremy/Jershika are close behind.

My rank: 

1. Save Your Tears

2. Hold On

3. I Know What You Did Last Summer

2 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

If this is the order, TPTB making Blake look like a villain for not saving the country trio  ( he had no save left) while Ari and Kelly saved their singers at the first oppotrunity😼

I get why they do this sort of manipulation for tv purposes, but it's my least favorite type of manipulation on the show...it changes how the performances, and artists are seen, as well as the coaches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indodol said:

Could it be that the interns forget to put the 12th pairing on the video? Cause it's kinda odd to only have 5 pairings on Tuesday

As someone said, they might just spread two montages each across the last three Battle episodes.  But a missing twelfth pairing is possible.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

I just assume that any season without Gwen as a coach, she’s choosing Blake’s non-country songs.

The producers are definitely heavily involved in the song choices for all the coaches. 

But Blake does live with Gwen and two teenagers, he's probably not as ignorant of current pop/hip hop songs as some are assuming 😛 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

since they probably didnt want to pimp anybody on her lives team that isnt Holly

I still think this is a bit conspiratorial. What signs have we seen that point to this other than her having no contenders in the premiere? (plus Bella was leaked, Ryleigh and Raquel opened episodes)

Yes Holly did receive the best treatment in the blinds out of Ari's post KOs team, but I still don't see how she's the TCO by suuuuch a long shot that they're choosing to "sabotage" the rest of the competitors on her team. 

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

20 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I still think this is a bit conspiratorial. What signs have we seen that point to this other than her having no contenders in the premiere? (plus Bella was leaked, Ryleigh and Raquel opened episodes)

Yes Holly did receive the best treatment in the blinds out of Ari's post KOs team, but I still don't see how she's the TCO by suuuuch a long shot that they're choosing to "sabotage" the rest of the competitors on her team. 

I don't think they're gonna sabotage the rest, but they're likely not getting the same treatment as Holly. Bella was leaked but TPTB didnt let her close her episode at the end of the day, they chose a two chair turn eliminated in KOs to do it. Ryleigh was left for Week 3, and Raquel and Jim and Sasha, as much as I like them, aren't precisely huge threats to her.

And yeah, this could be verging on conspirational, but we've seen how this show works. TPTB doesnt let things flow, they have a plan every season, which works for them sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

But for the record, I do think that out of Ari's OG members, Bella is going to get the best treatment. They'll likely want her to get the 2nd PV. Its either her or Jim/Sasha for that one, leaning a bit towards her at the moment.

Edited by Misirlou

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

But for the record, I do think that out of Ari's OG members, Bella is going to get the best treatment. They'll likely want her to get the 2nd PV. Its either her or Jim/Sasha for that one, leaning a bit towards her at the moment.

Agreed.  I think whichever one out of Bella or Jim & Sasha doesn't get Ariana's second public vote will be her coach save.  Or she'll blindside us all and pick Ryleigh instead, because she does seem to love her voice, too, and her Knockout was supposedly excellent.

Just now, Rodney said:

Agreed.  I think whichever one out of Bella or Jim & Sasha doesn't get Ariana's second public vote will be her coach save.  Or she'll blindside us all and pick Ryleigh instead, because she does seem to love her voice, too, and her Knockout was supposedly excellent.

I actually see Ryleigh as her #1 choice for the coach save as of now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like Ryleigh could top herself every round in the pre-lives.

Well, Ariana saw something in her to keep her over her only trio.  I hope we actually get to see it and not be stuck with a montage.

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of montages, I'm wondering something else.

Which groups will and won't be safe from montages?  Given that they upped the ante and went for FIVE this season, I'd think that they'd want to show as many of their Battles as possible.  We know that Girl Named Tom's Battle is safe since they leaked it.  And even if they hadn't, Kinsey's four-chair steal/save would've made it a must to show, anyway.  But there are no steals or saves after the other four groups' Battles.

If they're going to push Peedy as one of Blake's contenders, then they pretty much have to show his Battle with The Joy Reunion.  If they're on Monday, they'll definitely be shown, so that'll be a given.  And while KCK3 is going to lose and be eliminated, they'll lose to Ryleigh, someone whom Ariana probably wants to push as a potential contender on her team.  So their Battle could be shown.  Ariana's also been pushing Jim & Sasha on social media, a sure sign that she's also strongly backing them.  If the show's behind them, as well, then their Battle with Sophia might also be safe.

The one group whom I feel might be in near-total danger of a montage is the Cunningham Sisters, seeing as how they do win their Battle with Parker, but lose their Knockout with Hailey.  Lately, TPTB have mostly been careful to montage Battle winners who lose their Knockouts, and Macie and Marie fall under that heading.

Just my two cents about it.  Feel free to counter.

• Like 1

For Team Kelly, it appears (could be wrong, but I'm going with it based on the video order) that Xavier/Carolina is safe. If they want just one montage for Team Kelly, it'll likely be The Cunningham Sisters/Parker.

If they want two montages from TK, then its TCS/Parker and one of Gymani/Aaron and Holly/Wyatt. If it comes to that, I'd bet on Holly/Wyatt to be safe.

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

For Team Kelly, it appears (could be wrong, but I'm going with it based on the video order) that Xavier/Carolina is safe. If they want just one montage for Team Kelly, it'll likely be The Cunningham Sisters/Parker.

If they want two montages from TK, then its TCS/Parker and one of Gymani/Aaron and Holly/Wyatt. If it comes to that, I'd bet on Holly/Wyatt to be safe.

I'm not so sure about Aaron vs. Gymani.  It's a Battle of two four-chair-turns plus the Battle of the woman who somewhat controversially picked a coach other than the one whose song she sang for her Blind.  I'd think that they'd want to show that.  In that respect, it might indeed be Holly vs. Wyatt that gets it.  But given that they might want to push her as an eventual contender for Ariana's team, I don't know if that'd be good for her chances.