The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Not every Spanish song fits every contestant that sings in Spanish. Music in Spanish is just as diverse as US music but the current coaches aren't capable of making that distinction or make assumptions based on whether or not the contestants speaks Spanish (case in point, the bs John pulled by giving Mandi "Señorita")

Of course, maybe it was a good pick for Carolina and Kelly just happened to pick Xavier because he did better or strategically or whatever. I'll say it was definitely an interesting pick.

Yea I agree…. This is what I was trynna get at but I got a stupid brain LOL😂

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, its true. There's been some Juan Gabriel recently with Mandi and Eli. There's a lot more I would like to have covered on the show, like Luis Miguel, Pablo Alborán, Ana Gabriel, etc.

I haven't heard Carolina but yes, Selena and Juan Gabriel (🤍) are good options.
I would love listening some Abel Pintos (beautiful record material).
If they want something current and commercial, maybe she sang something by Rosalia? 😬

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Since we're discussing song choices, I would love for two contestants to duet "All of Me," whether in the battles or in the semifinals duets.

I´m actually surprised that it hasn´t been sung since John joined the panel. (If I´m correct, the last time it was sung was by DeAndre on the infamous S15 Top 10 Instant Save).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m actually surprised that it hasn´t been sung since John joined the panel. (If I´m correct, the last time it was sung was by DeAndre on the infamous S15 Top 10 Instant Save).

It's John's more popular song. I mean, imagine singing a singer's signature song in front of them, that would be terrifying, especially with such a loved and well know song as that one, and also considering how much that song means to John, man, i perfectly get it why nobody has dare to touch it since John is a coach.

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

It's John's more popular song. I mean, imagine singing a singer's signature song in front of them, that would be terrifying, especially with such a loved and well know song as that one, and also considering how much that song means to John, man, i perfectly get it why nobody has dare to touch it since John is a coach.

Yeah, that makes sense. I think it has the potential to make an absolutely excellent duet, though—even the battle of the season (like "If The World Was Ending" or "How Will I Know"). It needs to be given to the right contestants though.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:53 AM, musictothesoul said:

So I have been on here reading through this whole thread. And the mystery of POV lady has intrigued me. I have been doing some searching for her based off your comment of the name spelling and pronunciation. I found this YouTube account with the name Gymani and I think this is POV lady. What do you think?

Still the most iconic discovery of the season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, given that they brought so many groups this season, I doubt they´d want to montage any of their battles.

I was thinking the exact opposite lol. 5 groups and they all escape montage? Seems unlikely to me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I was thinking the exact opposite lol. 5 groups and they all escape montage? Seems unlikely to me. 

Probably, that´s a possibility as well. But I´m still thinking they brought them for a reason, like, why so many? lol. They might as well show all if they have them.

26 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Probably, that´s a possibility as well. But I´m still thinking they brought them for a reason, like, why so many? lol. They might as well show all if they have them.

My theory is that if pushing for Ari doesn’t work, a group winning the show would be their plan B. And more groups means more options. 

GNT won't be montaged cause Kinsey was saved, I don't think they'll montage KCK3 cause Ryleigh seems to be Ariana's main horse (at least pre-lives), Peedy vs TJR is the most Minivan-friendly battle. The sisters and Jim/Sacha on the other hand are more in danger, I think Hailey vs TCS KO will be shown so maybe their battle will get the montage treatment, plus they didn't make the lives. 

• Like 2