The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Interesting. Apart from Wendy getting one of the PVs on Team Blake, you think Lana, LiBianca or Paris have the potential of getting the second one over Peedy?

I'll be honest, I've listened to literally none of those 4 :haha:. I'm going off of the descriptions others have offered (one of which was that Peedy was similar to Avery from last season). I'm not 100% convinced that him being country(-ish) will automatically give him the PV. 

The main thing I had in mind was that, like for almost any contestant, there's potential for one of the two to struggle in the lives/Playoffs. Once I listen to the contestants more, my rankings will probably change.

1 minute ago, jus.willy said:

They might. But her chances of getting support from Arianators are lower now that she’s not on her team

True. I mean I've seen what her fans have done before. They'll probably just vote for each artist on Team Ariana and nobody else. lol

4 minutes ago, professorX said:

I don't think so tbh. Assuming Ariana's presence brings in a few more millions of audience, these stans would at least vote for Hailey as well considering we get to vote for each artist no more than ten times.

A few millions? Good investment by NBC if she does, but I'd be really surprised if they have a block of multiple millions of people who stay throughout the season. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a boost for the premiere or maybe the first few episodes, but I'm not sure about all the way to the lives/finale. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Interesting. Apart from Wendy getting one of the PVs on Team Blake, you think Lana, LiBianca or Paris have the potential of getting the second one over Peedy?

This. As much as I’d love a Wendy/LiBianca top 2 (or even throw Lana in there) I can’t see Peedy not making it via PV based on what we know. Whether he makes it far after that is another thing. 

I cant say the same about Hailey Mia. She’s talented af but her team is stacked at this point. I think she’s at least a WC spot, but I’m not as positive of her chances getting PV over others on Kelly’s team. 

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

This. As much as I’d love a Wendy/LiBianca top 2 (or even throw Lana in there) I can’t see Peedy not making it via PV based on what we know. Whether he makes it far after that is another thing. 

Wendy/Peedy as Blake´s PVs are the only thing I´m 90% confident about. And I say 90% because we´ve had crazy things happen before but I´m still standing by this for now.

All the other results could go either way, I´m gonna have to wait to make those predictions more firmly.

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And I say 90% because we´ve had crazy things happen before but I´m still standing by this for now.

shouldn't have been that surprising that she picked Ben, but people were so convinced that Carter/Payge was Gwen's top 2

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

shouldn't have been that surprising that she picked Ben, but people were so convinced that Carter/Payge was Gwen's top 2

The difference is that we´re likely going back to 2 PVs and a save this time around. Had it been the S18-S20 format, I wouldn´t be convinced that Peedy would be moving on. It would be Wendy as PV and whoever Blake chooses to save. 

Out of Lana, LiBianca, Paris and Peedy, yeah, we´ll know who Minivan will go for out of these four, unless he massively flops. Then , things would change.

Edited by Misirlou

* Right now I feel like Hailey gets PV (together with Jeremy).

* Wendy and Peedy are safe.

* Team Ariana and Legend are hard to predict. They don't have the appeal of the audience.
- Holly is the best option but she needs some luck and the right songs at the right moment.
- Sam is my bet on TL because he's unique and he beat a talented R&B singer who was a 4 chair turn. He's a dark horse. I hope he makes the semifinals.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I’ll throw my hat into the ring with a hot take - I don’t see Hailey Mia making top 12 😅

Maybe she’ll impress and I’ll gladly be wrong, but I don’t know. I just don’t see it yet.

Me too. I can see an Abby Cates 2.0

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I think she should 100% do "The Story" at some point on the show.

If she wants to appeal to Minivan, I don't really think "The Story" is the song to do so. (imo)

Edited by FloorWax

I think Wendy is on a another level like Kyla, she is the most skilled and best singer on this season for sure just based on what I have seen from her. People might have  preferences for another contestants based maybe genre or toned or even based on their coach lol but I cannot deny she is the best. She has a chance of winning as long as they do not buss her like they did with Kyla in the finals. Kyla had a chance, she definitely could have heated Britton, Brynn was the only one stopping her that season. I don’t see Brynn contestant this season though 

12 minutes ago, Boston026 said:

I think Wendy is on a another level like Kyla, she is the most skilled and best singer on this season for sure just based on what I have seen from her. People might have  preferences for another contestants based maybe genre or toned or even based on their coach lol but I cannot deny she is the best. She has a chance of winning as long as they do not buss her like they did with Kyla in the finals. Kyla had a chance, she definitely could have heated Britton, Brynn was the only one stopping her that season. I don’t see Brynn contestant this season though 

I love Kyla. But Wendy is even better and more diverse. (Sadly Kyla also had no voice left in the finals - that can happen to anyone)

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Normally, I would agree that she doesn’t have much of a chance of winning, but this is an incredibly weak season for minivan contestants, she’s the best singer on the season (and one of the best from any season), and she’s Team Blake. 

For these three, how would you rank their chances of winning the show?

Wendy, Hailey, Peedy

1. Peedy - Only country guy on the show and also Team Blake? Unless a major flop happens, I think he’s the runner-up. Probably worse vocally than Kenzie, but I think he has the looks and will have more charisma

2. Hailey - if her song choices improve. If not I would rank her below…

3. Wendy - Have a feeling age will be a major factor here and ultimately her downfall.

Ftr I’m still not confident about Holly, she has obstacles to overcome but if she’s as good as I expect her to be, I think she will put up a fight (and if my hunch is right, she will win)

9 hours ago, professorX said:

I SERIOUSLY think Ariana will bring a lot of viewers this season. that's it. 

Regardless they watch or not I think they will vote. It's highly possible that her TCO might win this season but as of now I can't think between Bella, Raquel, and Ryleigh is her most favorite. It's also possible that 2 out of these 3 will make the Finale.

I think Blake only kept Peedy so that he can work with a country guy in the lives. Every season he has either a country artist or a rock artist (plays guitar) in lives.

But as of now I think his ceiling is semifinals kinda like Zach Seabaugh-S9 and Corey Kent White-S8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´ve seen quite a few people now doubting Peedy´s chances , so I wouldn´t really call his power as "overestimated" here at this point lol. We´ll see what happens on the show eventually. 

I also noticed everyone assumes he’s a “country guy.” I’m not sure that is the case. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

1. Peedy - Only country guy on the show and also Team Blake? Unless a major flop happens, I think he’s the runner-up. Probably worse vocally than Kenzie, but I think he has the looks and will have more charisma

2. Hailey - if her song choices improve. If not I would rank her below…

3. Wendy - Have a feeling age will be a major factor here and ultimately her downfall.

Ftr I’m still not confident about Holly, she has obstacles to overcome but if she’s as good as I expect her to be, I think she will put up a fight (and if my hunch is right, she will win)

Fair enough. I just can’t see Holly overcoming Blake’s top two people, and whoever emerges from Kelly’s team. She does not scream “winner.” 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I also noticed everyone assumes he’s a “country guy.” I’m not sure that is the case. We’ll see. 

Based on his covers, he strikes me as more folky/singer songwriter type (Jim Croce,  Cat Stevens), who can go country as well (Chris Stapleton, Alabama), but it´s not his main lane.

Of course he got paired with a country trio so I assume he sang country there, but we don´t know. 

Edited by Misirlou