46 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite night 1 battle?

• Ryleigh Modig v Gean Garcia - pov
    • Connor Christian v Aaron Konzelman - I Aint Living Long Like This
    • Dana Monique v Devan Blake Jones - Stuck With U
    • Pia Renee v Christine Cain - Baby
    • Jose Figueroa Jr. v Awari - You Say
    • Ethan Lively v Avery Roberson - Just Got Started Lovin' You
  2. 2. Which eliminated contestant deserved a steal/save the most?

• Aaron Konzelman
    • Christine Cain
    • Awari

1. Ethan vs Avery - Surprisingly excellent. Low notes well delivered, great harmonies, loved it. Ethan´s low register is pure, authentic country, and Avery held his own too.

2. Dana vs Devan - Dana was great, and Devan was a pleasant surprise. Loved their harmonies and how they changed the song from the terrible original.

3. Ryleigh vs Gean - Great battle with a questionable song, but they really delivered and it turned out great. Well deserved win and steal.

4. Connor vs Aaron- Very enjoyable battle. It sucks that Aaron had to go but he went out swinging. Connor killed it! Stepped up from his blind.

5. Jose vs Awari- Much better that what I was expecting. Awari took it for me honestly, he was smooth and all around controlled. Jose did some interesting choices, but was pitchy in certain parts.  Disagree with the choice.

6. Pia vs Christine- The battle didn´t work for me. Pia did her thing, but it seemed like two singers doing their own thing instead of dueting. Way too convoulted.

Ryleigh Modig vs. Gean Garcia - This battle left me speechless! Ryleigh’s runs are SO effortless and powerful. Gean also SLAYED. I LOVE his tone and he 100% deserved a double steal! 

Connor Christian vs. Aaron Konzelman - Damn. This was one heck of a performance! Connor was one of my pre-season favorites because of his INSANELY cool tone! Aaron really surprised me and definitely deserved a steal or a save. 

Dana Monique vs. Devan Blake Jones - This song choice baffled me, but I enjoyed this battle! Dana SLAYED, nothing more to say, and Devan’s falsetto was incredible. Devan deserved the save, imo.

Awari vs. Jose Figueroa Jr. - I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did. I had low expectations due to the negative feedback, but I LOVED the performance! Jose had some FIRE runs and Awari sounded beautiful, imo. I would have chosen Awari, but I’m not mad that Jose moved forward in the competition.

Ethan Lively vs. Avery Roberson - The song choice catered more towards Ethan, which is probably why I preferred him. Avery sounded good (I LOVE his voice), but something felt missing. Ethan did a shockingly good job and deserved to move forward. Glad Kelsea used her steal, though. 

Pia Renee vs. Christine Cain - Ugh, I really wanted to enjoy this battle! Christine’s performance was more of stripped-down version of the song. Pia had a completely different approach. The individual parts were decent, but the overall performance was a mess.

1. Ryleigh vs Gean - This was really solid all around, with great harmonies + solos and a well-deserved steal for Gean.
  2. Dana vs Devan - It was solid all around, but it was just ever so slightly weaker than Ryleigh vs. Gean; Devan definitely deserved that save.
  3. Ethan vs Avery - I liked this more than I expected; they both did well with the low notes and their harmonies (hot take incoming) were the second-strongest after Ryleigh + Gean's. 
  4. Awari vs Jose - They nailed the emotional aspect of the song and I liked Jose's stylistic choices more than Awari's but preferred Awari's vocals overall. This was the only battle where I didn't agree with the coach's winner.
  5. Connor vs Aaron - This was pretty good and was enjoyable to watch, I just preferred others tonight.
  6. Pia vs Christine - Their individual parts were fine, but they didn't work well together stylistically, which resulted in a messier performance than I was hoping for.

And most deserving non-stolen contestant was Awari, in my opinion (though Aaron is a close second).

• Like 1

1. Dana Monique vs. Devan Blake Jones - Stuck With U
2. Ryleigh Modig vs. Gean Garcia - pov
3. Jose Figueroa Jr. vs. Awari - You Say
4. Pia Renee vs. Christine Cain - Baby
5. Connor Christian vs. Aaron Konzelman - I Ain't Living Long Like This
6. Ethan Lively vs. Avery Roberson - Just Got Started Lovin' You

Who deserved a steal: Awari

1. Ryleigh vs Gean - They did good with an unexpected song choice. The harmonies were also great. I'd pick Ryleigh because the key worked better for her range.

2. Ethan vs Avery - I'm not a country fan, but I really enjoyed this. Ethan was overall stronger than Avery and he deserved the win.

3. Awari vs Jose - Jose had pitchy parts and I actually think the editors turned down Awari's vocal to make it seem more in favor of Jose than it actually is. Their opposite energies kinda reminded me of Marisa vs Ryan (except this was more even). Overall, I'd lean ever so slightly toward Awari. He was robbed of a steal tbh.

4. Dana vs Devan - Dana obviously killed it, and Devan was an above average backup singer. Song choice is not good.

5. Aaron vs Connor - Would've enjoyed this more if I liked Connor's tone. They did good.

6. Pia vs Christine - They were alright. 

Edited by FloorWax

32 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

4. Jose vs Awari - They both had pitchy parts and I actually think the editors turned down Awari's vocal to make it seem more in favor of Jose than it actually is. Their opposite energies kinda reminded me of Marisa vs Ryan (except this was more even). Overall, I'd lean ever so slightly toward Jose because it was easier for him to reach those notes. Awari lowkey deserved a steal/save though.

Nvm I watched this again on the TV and Awari wasn't pitchy. He did a great job of handling the higher harmony. I'd actually lean toward him now because his tone is so appealingly raw.

Bizarre song choice

6. Jose Figueroa Jr. vs. Awari

Just fine
5. Pia Renee vs. Christine Cain

Vocally great but not my favorites

4. Dana Monique vs. Devan Blake Jones
3. Ryleigh Modig vs. Gean Garcia

Great battle, but skewed in favor of one artist

2. Ethan Lively vs. Avery Roberson

Why did they save this for last??? T__T

1. Aaron Konzelman vs. Connor Christian

A good night overall! Didn't particularly disagree with the winners, but definitely felt some people (Aaron, Awari) deserved to go through with a steal or save.

1. Ryleigh Modig (9.5) vs. Gean Garcia (9)

2. Connor Christian (9) vs. Aaron Konzelman (8.5)

3. Dana Monique (9) vs. Devan Blake Jones (8)

4. Pia Renee (8.5) vs. Christine Cain (7.5)

5. Jose Figueroa, Jr. (8) vs. Awari (8)

6. Ethan Lively (8) vs. Avery Roberson (7.5)

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

1. Ryleigh Modig (9.5) vs. Gean Garcia (9)

2. Connor Christian (9) vs. Aaron Konzelman (8.5)

3. Dana Monique (9) vs. Devan Blake Jones (8)

4. Pia Renee (8.5) vs. Christine Cain (7.5)

5. Jose Figueroa, Jr. (8) vs. Awari (8)

6. Ethan Lively (8) vs. Avery Roberson (7.5)

Those are great ratings! Don't forget that there's an IDF ratings thread, where we collect battle ratings. 😉

Great

1. Ryleigh vs. Gean - Big brain decision by Kelly to pair these two together. They did an excellent job and their harmonies were *chef's kiss*

2. Dana vs. Devan - Questionable song choice, but damn did they kill it! Dana was pretty much perfect and Devan got better as the battle went on.

3. Connor vs Aaron - Really entertaining battle! Aaron was consistently good throughout but Connor had the best moments of the performance.

Ok

4. Ethan vs. Avery - I can't really say anything wrong about this battle, but it's not my thing, so I didn't enjoy this as much as I wanted to. Ethan killed it and Avery was ok.

5. Pia vs. Christine - This got a bit messy towards the second half, but I still enjoyed it, specially Pia's solos, who killed it. Also, bring Brandy as a coach next season, tyvm.

Meh

6. Awari vs Jose - Loved Awari's entrance, but everything else was pretty average.

If I had to rank them individually:

1. Dana

2. Ryleigh

3. Gean

4. Pia

5. Ethan

6. Connor

7. Aaron

8. Devan

9. Awari

10. Avery

11. Jose

12. Christine

Edited by Daillon

Great

Ryleigh vs. Gean - This battle blew me away. It's hard for a female vocalist to live up to Ariana, and Ryleigh killed it. Gean was also amazing and deserved the steal.

Ethan vs. Avery - This was disgustingly charming. Avery is the better vocalist but Ethan is a better performer, and the song played to his strengths. Ethan took it for me, but they were both great, and I was surprised Blake didn't pick Avery for strategic purposes.

Good

Dana vs Devan - Dana was fantastic, and Devan acquitted himself well against her. I don't know if he was the best strategic choice for the four-way Knockout, but he certainly earned it in terms of his hard work.

Connor vs Aaron - Connor surprised me in this one. They were both good vocally, but Connor left it all on the stage and gave the better performance. Their version was fun overall, but not as great as Levi's performance in S18

Not quite there

Awari vs Jose - This was a truly bizarre song choice. It didn't really suit either of them, and Carter murdered this song literally three months ago. They both seemed nervous and had pitch issues, but I would have gone with Awari. His tone is more appealing, and he has more room to grow.

Pia vs Christine - These two had completely different styles and didn't mesh at all. I also don't think the song choice was great - Brandy's tone is more ethereal than either of them. But Pia outsung Christine for sure.