Which thing makes a Voice winner "deserving" or not?

Gustavo527

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

As long as the non-truthers keep popping up I'll keep playing Wack-a-mole. 

LOL, y"all bring it up as soon as we mention Lauren in any sort of capacity. It´s been more than 3 years now lol. I´ll leave it at that.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

LOL, y"all bring it up as soon as we mention Lauren in any sort of capacity. It´s been more than 3 years now lol. I´ll leave it at that.

Most of the time I have seen it being brought up randomly tbh :haha:

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Then why are you even bothering to participate in and further the convo?  Hypocrisy much? 

12 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Not gonna lie guys. I was excited to see that this thread got so many replies, just to found out that the replies are there only because this became another Chris vs. Lauren debate 🙃

Yeah...I tried with a post about coach going away presents as the arbiter of undeserving winners.   Then the band-aid got ripped off. 

7 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Then why are you even bothering to participate in the convo?  Hypocrisy much? 

I´m just signaling the irony of you saying that they non truthers keep popping up when you´re the one bringing it up every single time lol. Obviously some people are going to differ. 

Let´s just call it a day with this. You have your convictions, I have mine. I wish Lauren the best and I´m sure she´ll be fine with her supporting fanbase. 

21 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I´m just signaling the irony of you saying that they non truthers keep popping up when you´re the one bringing it up every single time lol. Obviously some people are going to differ. 

Let´s just call it a day with this. You have your convictions, I have mine. I wish Lauren the best and I´m sure she´ll be fine with her supporting fanbase. 

How inconvenient for you that I didn't bring it up.  I did add to the convo....just like you.  Facts are sooo messy. 

6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Do you really think he would breach his contract with the Voice?  The only way he could contractually say what he did would be if it was actually true....otherwise he would have publicly defamed his employer.  As they say in the legal business....the truth is an unimpeachable defense.

Have you even watched The Voice before? He's clearly joking, as he usually does both on and off the show. He actually said the same thing in one of Gwen's IG stories after Carter won S19 but he was obviously joking. 🙄

face palm GIF by Captain Obvious

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 2

Why is this Chris vs. Lauren discussion still a thing? It's been 4 years and the world has changed a lot since then. Get over it already. 🙄

Chris Blue rightfully won S12 imo. Lauren was great but she was not robbed. Either one of them deserved to win that season, with the other being the runner-up. You guys are acting like Jesse Larson won the season lol 😂

Chill Leopard GIFbasketball wives GIF by VH1

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Gustavo527 Going back the original question, I value consistency and mental maturity/confidence over anything else. A contestant should be consistently amazing in order for them to deserve to win in my eyes. They also should be confident and not be too nervous/anxious during a performance, especially during the live shows. I also prefer contestants with an exceptional range and/or a rad tone. 🧐

Edited by disney1024

On 2/3/2021 at 3:51 AM, taylorkat said:

For me, an appealing voice, versatility, and consistency (not to the point of boredom, but consistently good/memorable)

I agree. Versatility is definitely important imo. 😊

Being able to sing songs in different genres is an easy way to earn my votes. It's part of the reason why I liked Brynn so much in S14. 😅

I Agree Season 2 GIF by Living Single

Edited by disney1024

To quote William Munny, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." It seems to me a lot of viewers pick their favorite artist and stick with him or her come hell or high water, refusing to acknowledge poor performances or the competition's good performances.

• Like 3

Lauren got robbed, public had her back but TPTB says "naw we need a Alicia win with a 1-chair turn"

BS, and that original should have nailed in her win if her Semis didn't already.

didn't Jessica Sanchez also get snubbed with the votes on AI? and also some AGT Runner-Up named Jackie Evancho? Yes, TPTB can do this whenever they want, votes are as strong as TPTB want them to be.

Stay mad for all those who think it wasn't rigged and somehow Chris won fairly.

• Like 1

@istersay The Chris vs. Lauren comments on this thread have absolutely NOTHING to do with what's being discussed in this thread (i.e. what makes a winner deserving). Just like what you did with the spoilers thread recently, please move these comments to either the general discussion thread or a separate thread called "Lauren vs. Chris". That would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Guru Studio Thank You GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Edited by disney1024

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Lauren got robbed, public had her back but TPTB says "naw we need a Alicia win with a 1-chair turn"

BS, and that original should have nailed in her win if her Semis didn't already.

didn't Jessica Sanchez also get snubbed with the votes on AI? and also some AGT Runner-Up named Jackie Evancho? Yes, TPTB can do this whenever they want, votes are as strong as TPTB want them to be.

Stay mad for all those who think it wasn't rigged and somehow Chris won fairly.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, TeamAudra said:

Here are the others who closed for their teams: J Chosen, Jesse Larson, Stephanie Rice. 

Stephanie did close for Team Alicia, but I think that Hunter closed for Team Gwen, not JChosen.

7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

didn't Jessica Sanchez also get snubbed with the votes on AI?

I highly doubt it. Phillip never landed in the bottom 3, even though he deserved to after some weeks. Jessica also needed the save as she had the lowest number of votes during the first Top 7 week. I doubt the producers wanted another WGWG winner, so if the votes were manipulated they would have been in Jessica’s favor. Jessica just had a lot of international fans who couldn’t vote, so she won in YT views, but fell short of the win. 

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

She still managed to be my second favorite of the season. :giggle:

She’s probably #1 for me tied with Elise and Joshua, but she has the worst fandom ever :whut: (Lauren’s seems to be really motivated to change that for me though, lmao)

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

She’s probably #1 for me tied with Elise and Joshua, but she has the worst fandom ever :whut: (Lauren’s seems to be really motivated to change that for me though, lmao)

Ugh yes, I loved Elise too. It was such a stacked season! 🤩

• Like 1

8 hours ago, disney1024 said:

The Chris vs. Lauren comments on this thread have absolutely NOTHING to do with what's being discussed in this thread (i.e. what makes a winner deserving)

I disagree. We’re discussing examples of winners and runner-ups and what made them deserving/undeserving. Seems related to the topic to me, but I’ll let the mods be the judges of that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He didn't bring it up...I did.

I will always stand behind my belief of what happened that night, but I can see how it would be annoying for this discussion to keep surfacing in threads that are not specifically dedicated to it, so I'll make an effort to ease up on that.

Or in the words of Morgan Wallen.... I promise to do better.  Lol.

• Like 2