Contestants whose fandom made you enjoy them less?

Dai

Got the idea from the discussion in the KO flops thread.

Apart from Kyndal and Abby, who I have already mentioned in the other thread, I have to say that Maelyn’s fans could be too overbearing at times, which turned me off. 

Chloe vs Addison’s fan wars got really tiring during S13 as well.

PS: I still enjoyed those contestants equally, but I ended up being less enthusiastic about them than I previously was.

Edit: Forgot Lauren.

Edited by Daillon

Kyla Jade's fans in season fourteen.  Seriously.  Everyone was so toxic and rabid in how allegedly amazing she was, when I saw nothing more than the usual R&B/gospel diva we get almost every season.  Eventually, I stopped wanting her to win just to stick it to her fans.

Ricky Duran's fans in season seventeen unfortunately got me feeling that way about him, too.  Two people on here, in particular.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s funny. I would have said Casi Joy’s, Brennley’s and Chris Blue’s fanbases. :P

A lot of Brennley´s and Chris´s fans were definitely annoying, no question, but how many "rigged season" comments have we gotten from Lauren losing? I pretty much lost count there. Yes, Chris was pimped like hell, but we have no proof that producers can actually manipulate numbers or select the official winner from a hat, The Voice would be cancelled if facts like that were discovered. And yet people still haven´t moved on about it lol. She honestly won by not being stuck in that recording contract.

I don´t remember toxic Casi fans honestly, but I assume they were hostile towards Lauren given that she was her main competition.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

Chloe’s fanbase is #1 all-time for me. To be fair, the ones that are still active here aren’t the ones I’m talking about, for the most part. They were really over the top and aggressive. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I think probably Maelyn, but it never turned me off on her, I just felt pressured to respond to everything as if she were perfect, since I remember getting some pushback from someone when I said something slightly negative about her? I might be remembering wrong. But either way, that was a bit of an issue for me. 

Also, pre-KO Carter and Ryan. I disliked that Carter was getting such amazing numbers for what seemed to me to be just based on his age, since I thought his BA was not anything spectacular (especially since I was really looking forward to seeing him based on that 4-years-old clip of him singing Hallelujah). He shone during the KO and the lives though and although he wasn't my favorite, he definitely deserved the win. Ryan for similar reasons, as I didn't think he was anything special, but I found myself annoyed at the comments about Marisa during the battle and in general how much support he was getting which didn't seem to match up with what he brought to the table vocally. 

The Lauren comments are also quite something, IMO. She's definitely very good, but the constant barrage of comments 7 seasons later about how she should have won and how the season was rigged gets tiring. I know some people think they have evidence, but really, there isn't anything that I've seen that concretely proves to me that Lauren actually won. I am happy to have someone quote me and remind me of some piece of evidence that does prove that she should have won, though, as I may have just forgotten something someone's already said.

The Jordan Smith hype possibly? He was probably the person who got me into The Voice, he's just crazy good. However, I think the combination of overzealous fans and, probably more significantly, the vocal detractors of him on here have kind of pulled back how much I like him. Perhaps, this is also in part because I've found others that I like more in my time watching The Voice now.

Taryn Papa maybe? I loved her parts in the battle and she was okay in her BA (though I did expect better), but some of her fans just pushed and pushed and pushed that she was doing great throughout, which was kind of a turn off for me? I remember when I said that I didn't like her BA as much as I expected/hoped to, I received quite the pushback. 

In general, I get that everyone likes different contestants different amounts, and so I totally get that some people like some contestants more than me! It's usually not a turn off for whether I support them in terms of voting on the show; if I was going to vote for them in the first place, I'd continue to anyway probably, since their fans aren't their fault - and honestly, I can't think of anyone on IDF who is really that problematic in terms of being a fan lmao. In fact, I should probably take a moment now to note that IDF is actually a really fun place to hang out and talk in, and the people here are very nice 99% of the time!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Taryn Papa maybe? I loved her parts in the battle and she was okay in her BA (though I did expect better), but some of her fans just pushed and pushed and pushed that she was doing great throughout, which was kind of a turn off for me? I remember when I said that I didn't like her BA as much as I expected/hoped to, I received quite the pushback. 

Nbc Gwen GIF by The Voice

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Chloe’s fanbase is #1 all-time for me. To be fair, the ones that are still active here aren’t the ones I’m talking about, for the most part. They were really over the top and aggressive. 

That was was my favorite season of the show and my least favorite on IDF.  I haven't been or wanted to be a regular here since.  I was a big fan of Chloe and would be today if she wanted us. 😂 There was a lot of needless stuff that went around.  I was, though, a real admirer of Addison, never negative about her and still hope the best for her.

13 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

That was was my favorite season of the show and my least favorite on IDF.  I haven't been or wanted to be a regular here since.  I was a big fan of Chloe and would be today if she wanted us. 😂 There was a lot of needless stuff that went around.  I was, though, a real admirer of Addison, never negative about her and still hope the best for her.

Honestly, there was plenty of blame to go around, on both sides (me included). We just notice it more when it’s a main rival of our snowflake. We could say this about almost every fanbase to some degree. 

Ok, this is probably an unpopular opinion but i remember being annoyed by how overhyped Sid was after his battle, like, WAY too overhyped. And some of his fans were, since my point of viem, very disrespectful to Bailey, who held her own in that battle. (Similar to what happened with Mandi and Thunderstorm)

The funny thing is, that overhype was literally for nothing, as he couldn't even beat Worth the Wait for the Wilcard chance 😬

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, there was plenty of blame to go around, on both sides (me included). We just notice it more when it’s a main rival of our snowflake. We could say this about almost every fanbase to some degree. 

Agreed. Every fanbase has at least one of them. 

I liked Jeffery, Lauren, Kennedy, Maelyn, and Rose during their seasons but then I came to IDF and now I less-like them.

Maelyn in particular especially after one of her fan said,   Kelly is a piece of :censored:

I donot remember who said that but I remember these were the exact words

Edited by Hamza Tufail

I don't care what anyone says. I'm gonna keep loving my favorites no matter what. I get that some of Maelyn fans go way too far but it's not Maelyn's fault So I will definitely NOT going to abandon her. Same is the case with Chloe. 

And btw I think I'm the only Jordan stan who is a bit of overreactor.. All of his other fans are gentle and nice lol. And I only started posting this month. So if you started less-liking him only because of one or two posts then that means that you never liked him in the first place imao.

• Haha 4