Ideal Coach Lineup for Season 21

disney1024

Ideal Coach Lineup for Season 21   

50 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose, which 4 coaches (past & present) would you want to see for season 21 of The Voice? Please only select 4 options.

59 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I voted for Kelly/Nick/Alicia/Blake. :wub: It would also be nice to have Gwen take Nick’s spot since she now has a win under her belt. 🙂

What if the coaches' panel alternated between seasons like it used to:

Kelly | Gwen | Usher | Blake   (seasons 21 & 23)

Kelly |  Nick   | Alicia | Blake   (season 22 & 24)

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

What if the coaches' panel alternated between seasons like it used to:

Kelly | Gwen | Usher | Blake   (seasons 21 & 23)

Kelly |  Nick   | Alicia | Blake   (season 22 & 24)

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I’d love that with these coaches. :wub:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Kelly/Usher/Gwen/Miley

Kelly and Usher of course, Miley and Gwen bring great artists into the talent pool.

You can't not have Blake, it wouldn't feel like the show anymore (plus ratings would tank, and you need a country coach - no Miley and Kelly don't count)

Blake (because show and country), Usher or Alicia (mello zen r&b), Kelly or JHud (higher energy, pop/r&b), Gwen (because unique genre, contestants)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, David68 said:

I made my lineup Blake, Alicia, Gwen, Kelly

YAY i had the same one! 

- christina is a shady queen and i need that in my life (imagine marisa going on christina's team :haha:), but i've watched seasons with kelly in it, and i love how much she helps her team!

blake is a must have for the show, and his quick wit is always super cool, along with seeing his unexpected pairings

- i love gwen's personality and her battles are always incredible!

-  alicia's serene presence is everything! i love how calm she is, and i know this is kind of weird but i love her reaction when someone does something really cool. like the smile she gradually puts on LOL. it's a cool juxtaposition with kelly's kind of over-the-top (in the best way possible) reactions.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 2:14 AM, disney1024 said:

Based on the results so far (which probably won't change drastically), this is IDF's ideal coach lineup:

Kelly | Alicia | Usher | Blake

They were the best coaches by far from the contestant viewpoint (imo)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shere Khan said:

They were the best coaches by far from the contestant viewpoint (imo)

Someone really needs to start a petition on Change.org lol 😂

1. Revert the format of the live shows back to what it was in S17 (i.e. no team quotas after Live Playoffs, 6 weeks of live shows instead of just 3)
  2. Get rid of John Legend in favour of either Alicia, Usher, or JHud (John can come back as a rotating coach in S22 or later)

I don't know about you guys but I would definitely sign that petition 😜

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

Two options I'd love:

1. Blake/Alicia/Gwen/Kelly
  2. Blake/JHud/Nick/Kelly

For option 1: Blake and Kelly are basically show staples at this point, and we know Gwen gets along with the rest of option 1's panel in addition to attracting more eclectic acts + Alicia adds a zen that balances out Kelly's excitable tendencies.

For option 2: Blake and Kelly, again, aren't going anywhere, Nick may bring in a younger viewing cohort + has a more laid-back vibe than the other three, and JHud makes for good TV + is a good alternative to bounce off Kelly's energy.

If both JHud and Alicia are unavailable, Usher is an acceptable swap-in.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 9:14 AM, disney1024 said:

Based on the results so far (which probably won't change drastically), this is IDF's ideal coach lineup:

Kelly | Alicia | Usher | Blake

kelly clarkson nbc GIF by The Voicethe voice omg GIF by NBCtelevision get it ush GIF by The Voice

Tbh I think 2 AA coaches in one season wouldn't hurt but Kelly or Blake might take the win again. Still all these coaches won so I don't know what can happen. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Tbh I think 2 AA coaches in one season wouldn't hurt but Kelly or Blake might take the win again. Still all these coaches won so I don't know what can happen. 😂

Usher and Alicia both won the show (Josh Kaufman in S6 and Chris Blue in S12). They also both had an artist as the runner-up (Michelle Chamuel in S4 and Britton Buchanan in S14). Hence, I'd argue that these two coaches are pretty accepted by Team Minivan. 😌

• 1 month later...

I would love to see an all female panel (although that means no Blake....)

Kelly would have to be on there for sure.

I'd also love to see Alicia with Kelly again.

The Kelly-Gwen dynamic is a lot of fun and Gwen's coaching has improved significantly, although I wouldn't mind forgoing her for Miley

And in the last spot, either Christina or JHUD (just not Shakira lol). 

So basically,

Kelly Gwen | Alicia | Christina

OR

Kelly Alicia | Miley | JHUD

The only real downside I see to this is that without Blake, my guess is that country artists would all flock to Team Kelly and she would become the new country coach.

Edited by Noah57678
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 7:52 PM, VintageVoice said:

Two options I'd love:

1. Blake/Alicia/Gwen/Kelly
  2. Blake/JHud/Nick/Kelly

For option 1: Blake and Kelly are basically show staples at this point, and we know Gwen gets along with the rest of option 1's panel in addition to attracting more eclectic acts + Alicia adds a zen that balances out Kelly's excitable tendencies.

For option 2: Blake and Kelly, again, aren't going anywhere, Nick may bring in a younger viewing cohort + has a more laid-back vibe than the other three, and JHud makes for good TV + is a good alternative to bounce off Kelly's energy.

If both JHud and Alicia are unavailable, Usher is an acceptable swap-in.

i'm curious to hear if you still would go by option 2. i know most of idf doesn't like nick anymore, but would you still want him for s21?

• Like 1