American Idol General Discussion

istersay

12 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Why do people care about contestant's love lives? LMAO

Lol bc it’s fun 😂 there’s a Reddit thread rn speculating on Olivia and Michael being a couple bc apparently on a live stream he said she convinced him to cut his hair and then someone asked if they were dating and he was blushing/laughing and didn’t say no. LOLLL

12 hours ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Lol bc it’s fun 😂 there’s a Reddit thread rn speculating on Olivia and Michael being a couple bc apparently on a live stream he said she convinced him to cut his hair and then someone asked if they were dating and he was blushing/laughing and didn’t say no. LOLLL

What thread is it? I don't see it.

10 minutes ago, GabbyFan said:

Lauren Alaina should have won season 10 

Lol. 

Now that's outta the way...

The season 10 Top 3 were excellent all around and have all 3 proven themselves as singers and artists. IMO 🙂 

former 2020 Idol contestant is #1 on itunes . unfortunately  he seems to be a piece  of s***.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/meet-boycott-target-singer-and-american-idol-alum-jimmy-levy.htm

On 5/31/2023 at 8:43 PM, Starry_Night said:

Whoopi needs to focus on making Sister Act 3 that was promised to fans on Disney+ as of late 2020.

Not saying Idol is the downfall of pop culture or whatever bs she's spewing. Wish she'd leave The Vomit/View. lol

13 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Whoopi needs to focus on making Sister Act 3 that was promised to fans on Disney+ as of late 2020.

Not saying Idol is the downfall of pop culture or whatever bs she's spewing. Wish she'd leave The Vomit/View. lol

lol Yeah, she should have not said that on tv and sister act 3 might film this year unless it gets delayed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtAcc5WgyHr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Looks like the people who got signed by 19 this season besides Iam were Megan, Colin, and Haven. Interesting!

Will more be signed or is that it?

Personally, I hope my faves (We', Kaeyra, and Michael) don't get signed by them. They never do anything with their artists. The artists never become successful and eventually get dropped. The only one who has the potential to be successful on that label is Iam. 

I want my faves to get signed by a major label and managed by a company like Direct Management Group. 

Edited by BlkCountryFan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtAcc5WgyHr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Looks like the people who got signed by 19 this season besides Iam were Megan, Colin, and Haven. Interesting!

I’m very curious to see where Iam gets placed at BMG and if they sign any of the others. Last year the “real” label also signed Huntergirl, but not Fritz or anyone else.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jacob Lusk from season 10 got to perform with Elton John  today during his last UK performance.

• 2 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxdWZqaA3PU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Megan made a post today about her mental health declining after Idol and it does make me kinda concerned of what Idol is like behind the scenes? If I remember correctly, Leah Marlene made a similar post around this time last year about her struggles post-Idol. Idk, it just seems like Idol is not the most supportive of contestants once the show ends?

33 minutes ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxdWZqaA3PU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Megan made a post today about her mental health declining after Idol and it does make me kinda concerned of what Idol is like behind the scenes? If I remember correctly, Leah Marlene made a similar post around this time last year about her struggles post-Idol. Idk, it just seems like Idol is not the most supportive of contestants once the show ends?

Leah Marlene was upset because she didn't get a record deal after the show.

From last season, so far it looks like Colin Stough is the only one who has gotten signed.

With Megan Danielle, I remember people here saying they voted for her - because they were anti-Colin.  Unfortunately for her, those people probably had no interest in her career once the show was over.

22 hours ago, m1key said:

Idol completely abandons the contestants after the show, especially if they don't get signed and a team together. I can imagine it can be very dark for their mental health. You've been on a high for a few months and out of nowhere, nothing. Pia Toscano talked about life after Idol on that reality show she was on on Netflix. She was on a high, touring, released her single, signed a major record deal, fame, etc. to literally no record deal, her album shelved and she couldn't pay her bills. She said how basically everything suddently stopped and she was alone.

To feel like you have it and all have made it to literally everything stopping must be very hard mentally. It would be for me.

Edited by frederick

1 hour ago, frederick said:

Idol completely abandons the contestants after the show, especially if they don't get signed and a team together. I can imagine it can be very dark for their mental health. You've been on a high for a few months and out of nowhere, nothing. Pia Toscano talked about life after Idol on that reality show she was on on Netflix. She was on a high, touring, released her single, signed a major record deal, fame, etc. to literally no record deal, her album shelved and she couldn't pay her bills. She said how basically everything suddently stopped and she was alone.

To feel like you have it and all have made it to literally everything stopping must be very hard mentally. It would be for me.

Welcome to the music industry.  It's a tough business.  And Idol fans are notorious for abandoning contestants. They hype up their favorites, but once the show is over, they move on.   For example, on IDF - it's all about the girl singers - the Queens.  But no one is talking about them anymore.

Polls means nothing.  The best way to support a favorite is to buy their music, see their shows.  And for the alums, they have to build a fan base outside the show.