Team Gwen Favorite Season

katybay

Team Gwen Favorite Season   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Overall seasons, what was your favorite Team Gwen?

• Season 7
    • Season 9
    • Season 12
    • Season 17
    • Season 19

i always enjoy when Gwen is a coach, but i loved her most in season 17! she had a finalist with Rose, who just so happens to be one of my favorite contestants of all time, and she chose to save Myracle in the playoffs, another one of my favs! plus, it was fun to see her again after 4 seasons off.

• Like 1

Season 12 Gwen had Hunter and Brennley both being wildly successful for Gwen (despite both missing the finale), so that was my favorite overall to watch.

Team strength-wise, that goes to Season 17; she had a variety of interesting artists and great chemistry with Rose, who was the one artist on her team that surprised me choice-wise but ended up kicking serious ass every week. 

• Like 1

Hunter and Brennley killed it on her team!(ignore Semis) I'm so glad she coached them to become better vocalists and artists, so S12 is my pick. Funnily that they were Battle Steals too, and imagine if one of them had beat Chris or Lauren, LOL. Gwen would be rubbing it in Alicia or Blake's face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised people are not that impressed with her S19 team. Her team's battles this season (especially Payge vs. Lauren and Carter vs Larriah) were KILLER!!! 😍

Besides, she's probably going to win this season with Carter. I am hoping that DeSz will win (after 18 seasons of no AA females winning) but I'm also fine with Carter winning instead. He can be the next Jordan Smith. 😌

• Like 2

Gwen's teams in seasons twelve, seventeen, and nineteen all have different pluses and minuses for me.

Season twelve was a strong team for Gwen, because that was when she finally learned how to play the game and gave stronger pitches, and as a result, she got a lot of stronger artists than she usually got.  It was also probably her most unique team.  It was also the first season where I ended up thinking that she might've had the strongest post-Blind team out of the four coaches (followed by Alicia, then Blake, and then Adam).  Plus, she had two shocking four-chair-turns whom you never would've imagined picking her in a million years (JChosen and Troy) and managed to bring them both to the Lives.  Of course, we can't forget her two phenomenal Battle steals in Hunter and Brennley, who were also awesome contestants in their own right.

Season seventeen, though, was probably an even stronger team.  Probably not quite as unique as her season twelve team, but going back over each Blind in that season, I couldn't spot a dud in the bunch except possibly Jessie, though he definitely proved himself a bit more in his Battle with Rose.  Her Battle and Knockout decisions all made a huge amount of sense, and I recall nearly everyone here agreeing that out of the four teams heading to the Lives, she had the one team with no obvious fodder in the bunch (as Jake, Joana, Kyndal, Myracle, and Rose were all strong and had all proven themselves greatly).  And that season, she had a finalist in Rose, who really should've won (or at least taken second).

Season nineteen had me and others a bit worried for her, because Gwen's team, at a distance, looked like a weak team with only one- and two-chair-turns.  But the team ended up proving a lot of us wrong with their Battles (at least the three we saw -- Lauren vs. Payge, Liam vs. Ryan, and Carter vs. Larriah).  Her team also produced good Knockouts (Payge, Ryan, Carter, and Chloe were particular standouts).  And I think that she's on the right track with her first win in Carter, which no one would've expected at the outset of the season.

I don't know.  Season twelve had her first truly strong team, and season nineteen probably has her first winning team (if Carter takes it), but I think I'll give the edge to her season seventeen team based on overall team strength.  So I'll vote for that one.

• Like 1

SEASON FREAKIN' 17 IS THE BEST FOR ME

HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Rose and all her performances were a slayage imo. But, add Queen Myracle and Joana to that, then boom, the perfect team. Kyndal and Jake even were strong back then (until the Adele and Bieber came for the both of them 😔). The way how I liked all her artists going to the lives was just exciting for me because I have never been so amused by all of the artists Gwen's team the past few seasons (Season 12 was close but I only wanted Hunter and Brennley there). I super love Myracle's tone, it is so authentic and dramatic for me, also gorgeous (her You Are So Beautiful IS performance and EBH 😍). Joana was that teen pop star with a huge voice and can pull viewers (if only she had been given the right song choices, loved her Dreaming of You performance though (unpop)). Jake is a rocker with a really strong voice and could have gone further if only he had given also the right songs. Kyndal is that artist who excites me every single time because of her authentic tone. Meanwhile, Rose is Queen, and dats it 😘 (Desz's line 🤣)

PS. In terms of winning though or strategy, Season 19 is probably her most wise live shows team ever, country dude + cute teenager with big voice = both minivan baits. But they're just not my type (LOVE Carter though)

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, KimberlyxKyla said:

i always enjoy when Gwen is a coach, but i loved her most in season 17! she had a finalist with Rose, who just so happens to be one of my favorite contestants of all time, and she chose to save Myracle in the playoffs, another one of my favs! plus, it was fun to see her again after 4 seasons off.

ugh yesss!

rose, myracle, joana, and kyndal were all favorites of mine from the pre-taped episodes. kyndal didn't do great in the POs, but Gwen's team was really strong and filled with three very different, great artists after the POs! 

• Like 2

I always love her team, Gwen always brings those indie/alternative ppl to the table.

1. Season 12 - It's subjective but i loved it pre-lives. JChosen vs Kenny, Johnny vs Sammie, Brandon vs Davina and Stephanie Rice vs Troy Ramey, good work. 

2. Season 7 - The battles were fire. The knockouts were fire. And she destroyed it by picking Ryan Sill every damn time xD. But I still liked Anita and Taylor.

3. Season 19 - Loved pre-lives, but I'm not that crazy about Carter so it's the middle. 

4. Season 17 - for me besides Rose and Kyndal and maybe Jake it was meh.
5. Season 9 - I enjoyed it but it was clearly the worst. When so many ppl get montaged you know it's not good. The battles we saw weren't bad (but we saw 3 out of 6 sooo). The knockouts were a mess tho. But I really loved Ellie and Korin (minus Cool for the Summer and some of Korin's boring live performances) and then Jeffery came out of nowhere and he was solid. But overall it's the worst.