Who sang Creep better?

David68

Best Creep performance on The Voice?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best performance of Creep by Radiohead?

• Devon Barley vs. Rebecca Loebe - S1
    • Holly Henry - S5
    • DaNica Shirey - S7
    • Kimberly Nichole - S8
    • Payge Turner - S19

Got to be Payge on this one. Kimberly was good, but it just felt like a good vocal performance to me. Payge made me intrigued on a story that I´ve heard numerous times given how overplayed the song has been. 

Side note: I think Payge would do well with some more Radiohead. I could see her doing a cool version of "My Iron Lung".

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Got to be Payge on this one. Kimberly was good, but it just felt like a good vocal performance to me. Payge made me intrigued on a story that I´ve heard numerous times given how overplayed the song has been. 

Side note: I think Payge would do well with some more Radiohead. 

Which reminds me that no one has sang Fake Plastic Trees (afaik) on the show. A tragedy

I love this song and hate pretty much every time it's covered because it's always turned into some super forced fake emotional number with annoying runs or belts or flipped beyond the point of recognition.

Payge is the only version I loved. It was sung naturally without anything too fancy, while still having a nice, unique arrangement overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Voted for Kimberly Nichole. Her entire existence on this show was a 10/10. Her performance was so vulnerable and emotional, even though I still preferred most of her other performances on the show over this one because she was just that solid.

Ranking them all:

1. Kimberly Nichole
  2. Payge Turner (Almost tied with Kimberly; her version displayed so much artistry.)
  3. DaNica Shirey (I'm ambivalent.)
  4. Devon Barley and Rebecca Loebe (Not terrible, but some of their notes sounded really off, especially in the harmonies.)
  5. Holly Henry (God, what a tragedy. This one will always have a sour taste in my mouth because of what she went through before she sang, and how the show didn't let her have the arrangement that would complement her voice the best. This one is still controversial for a reason; this is one of the show's lowest moments.)
  • Like 4

I like Payge's version more than Kimberly's because it felt more authentic to her. 

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

Kimberly, and it’s not even one of her best performances. A great mix of vocals and artistry. I could see people being turned off by the arrangement tho.

Yeah....

They are all boring tbh. I can't feel anything during their performances.  Even the girl from the new season of TV Holland sang this song much better. 

The coach Kelly Clarkson has done Creep many years ago on her tour, and since then that's the standard of a good performance of Creep.