Artists that never had a bad performance

Ottoship

Rumor is when Maelyn was 3 years old she sang "Wings Of A Snow White Dove" acapella but sang Duck instead of Dove.   Except for that, Madelyn has never had a bad performance.   Pretty sure she could sing "The Modern Major-General" underwater and stay on key.  Maybe. 

• Haha 10

I absolutely agree with Maelyn and Rose.

I know there’s several contestants that fit here but for whatever reason, Ms. Vanessa Ferguson comes to mind first. She did not stumble once and gave us greatness week after week! She deserved better from the voting public, and frankly we didn’t deserve her.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Rumor is when Maelyn was 3 years old she sang "Wings Of A Snow White Dove" acapella but sang Duck instead of Dove.   Except for that, Madelyn has never had a bad performance.   Pretty sure she could sing "The Modern Major-General" underwater and stay on key.  Maybe. 

honestly they should just change the song to "Wings Of A Snow White Duck" if Maelyn sang it that way 😌

Also, I feel your pain with autocorrect changing Maelyn to Madelyn, and honestly autocorrect should be cancelled for such blasphemous slandering of our queen 😠

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

LMAO-

She was probably singing while coming out of the womb.

I'd kill to hear her sing "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" tbh. Any nursery rhyme would slay us. 

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

LMAO-

She was probably singing while coming out of the womb.

I'd kill to hear her sing "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" tbh. Any nursery rhyme would slay us. 

honestly to hear a simpler song like that would be really nice, but for the sake of not turning this thread into a maelyn thread (though it probably deserves to be)

i want to say addison agen, but i didn't watch live, so i can't comment on that (does anyone who watched s13 wanna help me out there?)

i would go with rose, katie, ricky, jake (honestly the whole s17 top 4 was so consistent). a more personal and likely controversial opinion would be that sarayah had good performances throughout her run

I´m gonna go with Laith Al Saadi, Maelyn Jarmon, Rose Short, Josh Kaufman, Jordan Smith and Sawyer Fredericks. I watched all of their seasons live and I don´t remember them stumbling or having an off week at all. I would put Ricky Duran as well, who was my favorite in his season and  one of my favorite contestants ever, but "Runnin Down a Dream" wasn´t on par with the rest of his performances.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Ms. Vanessa Ferguson comes to mind first. She did not stumble once and gave us greatness week after week! She deserved better from the voting public, and frankly we didn’t deserve her.

Agree, super underrated queen. She's like the most interesting versatile that had been on the show for me. She just surprises us week after week. She can go upbeat and soul ugh taste. 

Besides her, I definitely agree with Rose and Maelyn (ofc duh). Then I will just add Ali Caldwell (robbed) and Addison Agen, both had phenomenal run on the show, and were very consistent. Might I add Kimberly Nichole too

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m gonna go with Laith Al Saadi, Maelyn Jarmon, Rose Short, Josh Kaufman, Jordan Smith and Sawyer Fredericks.

Agreed 100%. :thumbs:

Lol I don't know how I forgot Josh Kaufman.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I´m gonna go with Laith Al Saadi, Maelyn Jarmon, Rose Short, Josh Kaufman, Jordan Smith and Sawyer Fredericks. I watched all of their seasons live and I don´t remember them stumbling or having an off week at all. I would put Ricky Duran as well, who was my favorite in his season and  one of my favorite contestants ever, but "Runnin Down a Dream" wasn´t on par with the rest of his performances.

That's a good list...except that Sawyer blew the lyrics on one of his songs, so,  can't see him on the never a bad performance list.. 

3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

That's a good list...except that Sawyer blew the lyrics on one of his songs, so,  can't see him on the never a bad performance list.. 

Even if he did it still sounded amazing. Anything that comes out of his mouth sounds heavenly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daillon said:

Alisan, Maelyn, Rose, Jordan and Tessanne. I would add Thunderstorm but he didn’t sing live so I won’t count him.

I love Alisan so much (she's one of my all time faves) but man her Cryin' and Stay With Me Baby performances were just too screamy or idk over the top? Many thought that was her worst performances, I was even worried sick about her being on the bottom bc of those performances (esp. Cryin') she was bashed non stop on youtube if I can remember 😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I love Alisan so much (she's one of my all time faves) but man her Cryin' and Stay With Me Baby performances were just too screamy or idk over the top? Many thought that was her worst performances, I was even worried sick about her being on the bottom bc of those performances (esp. Cryin') she was bashed non stop on youtube if I can remember 😂

Those were definitely her two worst performances, but I still didn’t think they were bad, just worse than usual.

12 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Jeffery himself said that his battle performance was bad even though he won it and he was thankful it was montaged. But since the audience didn't get to see it I guess he gets a pass.

I forgot about his battle so I agree with you on that. I guess it’s good we didn’t see it.

1 hour ago, Ottoship said:

Thunderstorm doesn’t count bc I was in his taping and he messed up on the first verse...he forgot the lyrics

Can you give us more insight from that specific taping? Just curious.