The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Snooped through FB, and Kenzie`s getting a mixed reception despite being ahead in views and likes.

Though I also noted several comments about his 2nd intro package: He cried while reading a letter in which he talked about his town and how far he has come.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Snooped through FB, and Kenzie`s getting a mixed reception despite being ahead in views and likes.

Though I also noted several comments about his 2nd intro package: He cried while reading a letter in which he talked about his town and how far he has come.

Seriously? On which performance in particular? And for what reason(s)?

Edited by Gmm99

How many scenarios has there been where fb doesn’t predict the winner? I just started watching the show recently and I REALLY want Cam to win. It sounds like Kenzie’s ahead in numbers though...

Just now, Kwamu said:

How many scenarios has there been where fb doesn’t predict the winner? I just started watching the show recently and I REALLY want Cam to win. It sounds like Kenzie’s ahead in numbers though...

Last time I recall...Katie Kadan (but Jake Hoot scored streaming bonuses the entire lives) but came in 3rd despite being ahead...

Just now, Kwamu said:

There were some such as Kennedy and Katie's seasons. I think the result tomorrow might be very close between Kenzie and Cam. We'll just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Most of the negative comments are from Cam/Jordan/Rachel/Victor fans.

Most likely. But that upbeat song Kenzie sang was by George Strait (known as the "King of Country") so I can see some country fans being critical about it. I am still solidifying my prediction of a Kenzie win though LOL. 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Man, here is the thing. This is far from the type of music I usually listen to. But if Victor had performed it somewhere on an award show or something, I definetely would be right now on spotify listening to his discography. If an artist have the power to flip someone like this, he deserves my full support for polling higher than thrid. Just saying. 

It might feel like an award show performance because Victor said copy paste 🥴 . From the choreography, to the way he sang it, all the way down to the way Kendrick rapped his verse. All that was missing was the water lmao. It was a good performance (even though the rasp was verging on hoarse in some parts), but he is not really flipping anything really imo. Surprised he got the pimp spot. The votes must not be close because if they were, they would have went all out for Cam. Victor getting the pimp spot is the equivalent of Kennedy and Rose getting the pimp spot. Their performances were fitting closers but it's clear they were not winning. Producers threw strategy out the window and want for a lineup/closer that makes sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Not to be mean, but I don't get it lol

Martín Luther King Jr and Malcom X. Two of the leaders of the civil rights movement. Cam and Victor both went in there today and sang extremely empowering songs for the AA community and frankly, did THAT. Power move right there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Martín Luther King Jr and Malcom X. Two of the leaders of the civil rights movement. Cam and Victor both went in there today and sang extremely empowering songs for the AA community and frankly, did THAT. Power move right there.

Ahh I see now! Thanks.

Here’s a quick snapshot of Facebook view/like ratios. 

1. Cam (ballad) 15.6

2. Kenzie (ballad) 17.94

3. Cam (uptempo) 19.02

4. Kenzie (uptempo) 19.64

5. Jordan (ballad) 20.8

6. Victor (uptempo) 22.93

7. Jordan (uptempo) 25.00

8. Victor (ballad) 29.2

9. Rachel (uptempo) 32.55

10. Rachel (ballad) 38.73

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe14 said:

It might feel like an award show performance because Victor said copy paste 🥴 . From the choreography, to the way he sang it, all the way down to the way Kendrick rapped his verse. All that was missing was the water lmao. It was a good performance (even though the rasp was verging on hoarse in some parts), but he is not really flipping anything really imo. Surprised he got the pimp spot. The votes must not be close because if they were, they would have went all out for Cam. Victor getting the pimp spot is the equivalent of Kennedy and Rose getting the pimp spot. Their performances were fitting closers but it's clear they were not winning. Producers threw strategy out the window and want for a lineup/closer that makes sense. 

I can see where a Beyoncé/Kendrick would feel indiferent about his performance. But at the end of the day, Victor being able to even mimic such high level performance is a testament to his potential as an artist.  

• Like 1