The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I dont think contestants are allowed to play instruments on their IS songs anymore? That could be a problem for Jordan.

He is still winning the IS though, i don't see Blake not having two finalists

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Pete singing “Speechless” is the biggest bus I can recall in recent memory. 

They never really allowed him to be himself on the show. If you look at his music or IG material, the only song out of all the ones he did on the show that I could actually see him perform on his gigs or regularly is his audition one. He seemed by far the most comfortable that he has even been here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They never really allowed him to be himself on the show. If you look at his music or IG material, the only song out of all the ones he did on the show that I could actually see him perform on his gigs or regularly is his audition one. He seemed by far the most comfortable that he has even been here.

I agree. “Speechless” is the only time I remember a contestant having a song with several notes they have no shot of hitting. It’s just baffling. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This is my problem with Vic too. He was only really himself during his BA. But producers keep trying to fit him into the RNB/soul kind of guy when he’s not. All of his covers are gospel but he hasn’t been allowed to do any on the show. And I feel for Pete too it’s so sad 

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

This is my problem with Vic too. He was only really himself during his BA. But producers keep trying to fit him into the RNB/soul kind of guy when he’s not. All of his covers are gospel but he hasn’t been allowed to do any on the show. And I feel for Pete too it’s so sad 

They tried to make him an entertainer/showman type of contestant and it just doesn't work all that well for him imo. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

He knows that too. He wants some gospel, since that`s who he really is. But from the moment I saw his battle song, I knew this was gonna happen.

Either way, since he has no competition now (I love Pia but she has 0 chance), he`s going to the finale, so he`ll have two more weeks to bring the gospel. I hope they finally let him do it though.

• Like 3

Just now, FloorWax said:

They tried to make him an entertainer/showman type of contestant and it just doesn't work all that well for him imo. 

Pete very much has a “coffee house” vibe (by which I mean laid back/acoustic/vocal focused/sounds right at home on vinyl) and the show tried to make him into an “arena” type artist (more showman focused/less acoustic/more power) which doesn’t work for everyone.

That said, had you told me Monday morning he’d get eliminated, I would’ve laughed in your face.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree. “Speechless” is the only time I remember a contestant having a song with several notes they have no shot of hitting. It’s just baffling. 

The guy already was able to power through 2 questionable song choices (his KO and playoffs) with no problem. But they got him with the third. It`s like they kept and kept trying to weaken him. Being Blake`s friend did him 0 favors here, TPTB probably was trying to avoid Blake falling into a position of favoritism and the criticism he was gonna get if that happened.

And Pete knew it too. He literally said goodbye last night. But that shows what a good sport he is.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

... Wait, so all this time you thought QueenCami was a female!?!?! 😂

Yes and LOL.😂

Edit: my basis is how they do their post. I don't have issues with gender but I'm kinda shocked.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Omg they aren’t?! Lmaoo idk why I feel like all of idf is male😂 

Majority of IDF are males that's why IDF is #TeamWaffle all the way. LOL.

Btw, that happened with me too. There is a user here who I thought was a female but he was actually a male.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Majority of IDF are males that's why IDF is #TeamWaffle all the way. LOL.

Btw, that happened with me too. There is a user here who I thought was a female but he was actually a male.

I will have a survey for this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Pete singing “Speechless” is the biggest bus I can recall in recent memory. 

His wife may have picked it as she picked all his other songs and we assumed he got bussed. The song choices did him in and he phoned in that IS performance. Shame because he was my fave and had some killer covers. Check them out if you can to compare. His U2 one was awesome. 

44 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

He is still winning the IS though, i don't see Blake not having two finalists

Oh goodie, another conspiracy theorist with the same idea.

It's the 20th season. Blake has been there for all 20 seasons. Blake will have 2(0) singers in the final 😇

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BlaqueWorldPartyOn said:

His wife may have picked it as she picked all his other songs and we assumed he got bussed. The song choices did him in and he phoned in that IS performance. Shame because he was my fave and had some killer covers. Check them out if you can to compare. His U2 one was awesome. 

If his wife picked it, I doubt he would be publicly sour towards it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The guy already was able to power through 2 questionable song choices (his KO and playoffs) with no problem. But they got him with the third. It`s like they kept and kept trying to weaken him. Being Blake`s friend did him 0 favors here, TPTB probably was trying to avoid Blake falling into a position of favoritism and the criticism he was gonna get if that happened.

And Pete knew it too. He literally said goodbye last night. But that shows what a good sport he is.

His age and his prior relationship with Blake worked against him, IMHO. Age may not be a factor for the audience, but I think it is with the industry.

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Random but Ryleigh said she was 5"2 on an IG story. She must have been wearing heels because she looked so tall compared to the guys. And Corey, Jose and Pete are quite short from what I saw as well.

Platform boots with heels could easily add ~5 inches of height, if not more (I'm assuming the guys are all 5'7"-5'9"). Even so, that's still a pretty noticeable height change on Ryleigh's end.

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

If his wife picked it, I doubt he would be publicly sour towards it.

Maybe I just feel like his songs were chosen for perceived appeal and he should have just gone with what he knew I think out of everyone eliminated last night Pete was the one who truly broke my heart because he had so much potential and could have gone to finale with the right songs but it played out as it was because Jordan really did kill that Fleetwood Mac song I hope Blake helps him out moving forward and we still see him around. 

• Like 1

Rewatched the results from the Wildcard last night and Corey's reaction to winning it was "What the--" and looking to his left (clearly he, like a lot of people on social media + several IDF users, expected it to go to Ryleigh).

And after lurking in the IG comments sections on the top 9 announcement posts, here's what I noticed:

• The most negative "move on" reactions generally went to Jordan, since he beat out Anna, while most of the others had at least mixed-but-overall-positive comments instead of being divided.
  • Pia's comments were also sort of mixed (again, due to Ryleigh losing the coach save, so I expected it) but to a lesser extent than Jordan's.
  • Kenzie, being country, was better received than I expected - I wonder how Gihanna moving on impacted that?
  • My personal favorite comment goes to Keegan's reaction to Cam moving on: "I would have sued" honestly same
  • Rachel's comments were almost totally positive, much like Cam's and Dana's (who were probably the two most positive).
  • Victor was hit or miss but there were a lot of "Aggie pride" comments - don't underestimate what a strong, widespread base (in Victor's case, his college's alumni network) can do for an artist, y'all.
  • Gihanna's comments were positive with the occasional "but Corey" type comment.
  • Corey's comments have a lot about Ryleigh not moving on, but for every Ryleigh comment I saw at least 3 happy comments, so it balances out.
  • Thanks 1