The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I don't think no one here thought Cam would do it wrong. In my case, I was expecting another song, people read "church" and thought in gospel (sorry Hozier)
Cam was better in live (9/10) but still did't captivate me.

8 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

if they watch only for Blake, they don’t care about the artists on other teams.

some people (over on FB) are all about "team blake" and no one else.

not even any specific contestant.  just "team blake".

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

Okay this is my first time typing a response and I am new to IDF, so I wanna say hi to all of you. I am gonna start big by saying that if a pimped contestant wins over a bussed contestant no matter the genre , I will never count that as an actual win. An example: if cam gets pimped and performs/sings a song that is right up his alley like jealous and guarantees support and momentum vs Kenzie who gets bussed with a bro-country song or a song that won’t guarantee support or momentum like red dirt road , and in that scenario cam wins against  Kenzie , I will not expect that as a true win for cam, simply because it’s not fair for one contestant to be given all the requirements to do great and the other gets thrown under the bus , do all of you think that’s fair, I would even say if Dana gets severely pimped and given a real good song and ends up winning against Kenzie who got a song that is considered as a bus , I will not lie I will be happy because finally an AA powerhouse finally won but I would consider that as unfair especially towards Kenzie  , and I love Dana and to me she is easily the best vocalist skill wise this season, but if cam wins over Kenzie but both getting a pimped song  for the semifinals and finals  that will guarantee them strong momentum and a moment like cam with jealous and Kenzie with cover me up or the dance , at that moment I will say that cam deserves the win and vise verca and this is coming from someone who thinks cam is a tad bit overhyped and someone that isn’t such a big country fan . Basically what I am trying to say is that everyone should be even and have a song that will show case what they are truly capable of.

Ignorant Sassy Beyonce GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

The thing with Cam is that he`s a vocalist AND a performer. You need to see him commanding the stage to get the full experience (At least for me). His presence and the liberties he took with the melody made it way better live than his recording, because I personally didn`t enjoy his studio.

He`s not the kind of artist I`d personally buy a record from, but he`s 100% the kind of artist I would go see live.

True. He is similar to Bruno Mars (not in terms of style) as they are both better live. 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mohammad said:

Okay this is my first time typing a response and I am new to IDF, so I wanna say hi to all of you. I am gonna start big by saying that if a pimped contestant wins over a bussed contestant no matter the genre , I will never count that as an actual win. An example: if cam gets pimped and performs/sings a song that is right up his alley like jealous and guarantees support and momentum vs Kenzie who gets bussed with a bro-country song or a song that won’t guarantee support or momentum like red dirt road , and in that scenario cam wins against  Kenzie , I will not expect that as a true win for cam, simply because it’s not fair for one contestant to be given all the requirements to do great and the other gets thrown under the bus , do all of you think that’s fair, I would even say if Dana gets severely pimped and given a real good song and ends up winning against Kenzie who got a song that is considered as a bus , I will not lie I will be happy because finally an AA powerhouse finally won but I would consider that as unfair especially towards Kenzie  , and I love Dana and to me she is easily the best vocalist skill wise this season, but if cam wins over Kenzie but both getting a pimped song  for the semifinals and finals  that will guarantee them strong momentum and a moment like cam with jealous and Kenzie with cover me up or the dance , at that moment I will say that cam deserves the win and vise verca and this is coming from someone who thinks cam is a tad bit overhyped and someone that isn’t such a big country fan . Basically what I am trying to say is that everyone should be even and have a song that will show case what they are truly capable of.

Hun it’s The Voice. People get bussed/pimped A LOT. With your logic, then very few wins would actually count as wins, which is honestly just silly. I’d understand if the context of you saying this is you being potentially pissed at Cam (or someone you’re indifferent towards) being pimped and winning over Kenzie (or your favorite). I’m sure you wouldn’t have an issue with your favorite being pimped and given songs that suit them and then winning over someone you’re indifferent towards, that’s natural and probably applies to all of us. Every win counts whether you like it or not, but if you want to live in that fantasy go for it!

• Like 1

I'm responding to a lot here y'all oops

12 hours ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Victor was hit or miss but there were a lot of "Aggie pride" comments - don't underestimate what a strong, widespread base (in Victor's case, his college's alumni network) can do for an artist, y'all.
  •  

You called it! I didn't know how much of an effect it would have but clearly you were right about this. The psychic powers continue :haha:

12 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Considering the person who literally won the WC over her wasn't expecting it, I just home Ryleigh's processing everything okay all things considered.

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I hope she’s doing ok. Being on the shoe clearly meant a lot to her. 🥺

WRT the last two, I think that Ryleigh is doing fine. She posted something that said this is the only the beginning or something like that. In general, I see her as someone who was able to recognize the show as a platform for her to grow and that post indicated to me at least that she's doing okay. I still like to take the time to post on the teen/young 20s contestants' posts who I follow to tell them something nice because it can't hurt - I know social media presence isn't exactly real.

11 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Gihanna should sing “Listen” It would give her a great boost and especially with her instant save song

11 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Gihanna's not super crazy runs heavy though, which Listen can be - so I'm not sure it's the best match vocally from Beyoncé's catalog (even if votes wise it makes more sense than a lot of Beyoncé songs).

I actually think she could KILL "Listen." Her runs are super super amazing as evidenced by her instagram covers. I think she would do a great job, so I'm torn because I personally prefer when she goes for more belty songs with less runs, and I think the viewers have gotten used to that too. Then again, a lot of her appeal, at least according to the coaches, is showing something new every single week (go Gihanna!!), so perhaps it is a good idea. A lot of the pop (and some r&b) powerhouses on the show have done well with this song, too. I hope she just sticks with something she's comfortable with, though. She may have to go big / risky in the IS though lol, but she already confirmed that's Capaldi, unless she changes it from the T17 to T9. 

11 hours ago, Angeles said:

I would love for Gih to sing "Colors of the Wind".

I think this would be SO good! She could do really well with it, and then in the IS she could hopefully go for a big, firecracker-type song to get votes.

3 hours ago, B-B said:

And me, I don’t know why everyone expected him to not do good with it

I just didn’t think it was a great fit. He sang it beautifully. (And also..as a huge Hozier fan...there are so many other Hozier songs that Cam would just kill...”Nina Cried Power”..God..)

but..Voice fans are..simple..songs like “Hallelujah” and “Take Me To Church” have high success rate, given the God connection..even though it isn’t about God at all..

on another note..if they do coach duets, Blake and Cam should do “Home” like Blake and Usher did. 

• Like 1

Neither Kenzie or Cam will win. Queen Gihanna and Queen Rachel will snatch Pv’s and one of them will win. Periodtttt 

but I have a feeling this is our finale ( plz don’t attack me)

1. Gihanna 

2. Cam

3. Dana/Rachel

4. Dana/Rachel 

5.Victor 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Neither Kenzie or Cam will win. Queen Gihanna and Queen Rachel will snatch Pv’s and one of them will win. Periodtttt 

1. Gihanna 

2. Cam

3. Dana/Rachel

4. Dana/Rachel 

5.Victor 

I'm not sure of the popularity of the artists as a whole. But if we did a redo of this season on IDF, I could see Cam/Gihanna as the Top 2. Dana could be in the Top 3 as well. Ryleigh and Anna possibly finish the Top 5 though.

12 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

1. Gihanna 

2. Cam

3. Dana/Rachel

4. Dana/Rachel 

5.Victor 

I mean you know what, I admire the boldness of saying Kenzie won't make the finale. Like that's a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper long shot and most people have given up hope on anyone else getting Kelly's PV, but I love the optimism. And I mean maybe if Kenzie flops or gets some rap-reggae instead, minivan might lean Gihanna or Corey.

Also, welcome to IDF! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I mean you know what, I admire the boldness of saying Kenzie won't make the finale. Like that's a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper long shot and most people have given up hope on anyone else getting Kelly's PV, but I love the optimism. And I mean maybe if Kenzie flops or gets some rap-reggae instead, minivan might lean Gihanna or Corey.

Also, welcome to IDF! 🙂

What do you mean, WAP is totally a country song 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Corey needing the CS means he`s the first contestant that opened the playoffs that didn`t get a PV since S16. But with him still going through, the streak of the openers moving on, started also with S16, still lives on.

He didn’t get that save either, he found another way to make it to the Semifinal

37 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

1. Gihanna 

2. Cam

3. Dana/Rachel

4. Dana/Rachel 

5.Victor 

Replace Victor with Corey and that is my ideal Top 5 (Not in that order though, but still) 

Just did a rewatch of Kenzie’s performance, and honestly...he didn’t sing that as well as I know he can, since his cover of the song is on his YT. At home, he just relaxes and sings, but on the show, he’s trying to be too precise with his phrasing, or something, in addition to being robotic in his movements. I think I understand where minivan is coming from now. I think Kenzie needs to step it up next week. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Sharing this from Corey's fan thread:

So on a whim I decided to do a 1-week Google Trends of the 5 most likely people to go in the Bloodbath Instant Save next week:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=corey ward,dana monique,jordan matthew young,gihanna zoe,pia renee

I assumed that the PVs this week will remain the PV's for next week.

Corey obviously has better stats due to him being in the Instant Save, but if you looked at the first peaks of the 5 contestants, Corey still has a sizeable lead ahead of the group, with Jordan being his main threat. Both of them were arguably given great songs and were in an even playing field, so song choice will still remain crucial. Keep in mind also that Team Kelly votes in the IS will probably be split between Gihanna and Corey, so he will be hampered by that, but hopefully not by too much.

I will also add that Blake has always excelled in mobilizing his fanbase for his artists at crucial times. He didn't do it for Pete last night, and I wonder if Jordan were there instead of Pete, would the results be any different? He's clearly more invested in Jordan.

Edited by Teraginn