The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, CoolBriz said:

Do Kelly chooses the songs for her Team?

good question GIF

I don't think it's entirely the coaches or entirely TPTB. I think it's a combination of both because I remember Chrissy (John's wife) talking in an interview about helping John with the battles by suggesting songs, since John and Chrissy have different tastes in music. 🤔

39 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but they could be. Unpopular opinion, but I think Cami’s KO is one of the best in Voice history, so there’s that. :giggle:

Interesting, I like Cami's KO, but her blind is by far my favorite performance of hers (her IS performance follows).

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I prefer her BA to her KO, but both are phenomenal.

That makes sense. I didn't like her KO as much cause her tone doesn't shine through as much for me; my focus naturally goes to the sort of spooky nature of the arrangement, and I focus on that instead of her stunning tone. In her BA, her tone shines through the most to me. I think she said she likes doing theatrical performances like that, so I'm fine listening to that if that's what she chooses to put out! It's great either way.

Anyway sorry to the rest of y'all not Cami fans for hijacking the thread lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CoolBriz said:

Do Kelly chooses the songs for her Team?

Actually, this is interesting.  I was actually surprised that they left it out.  Kelsea said, during the critique session for J.D. and Kenzie, that they picked their Battle song.  I am not sure in what context she meant, but it sounded like Kelly allowed one of her pairs to pick their song, for once.

Edited by Rodney

49 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Actually, this is interesting.  I was actually surprised that they left out.  Kelsea said, during the critique session for J.D. and Kenzie that they picked their Battle song.  I am not sure in what context she meant, but it sounded like Kelly allowed one of her pairs to pick their song, for once.

Given that Kenzie went for a classic song for his battle (and auditioned with one as well), I´m pretty sure he didn´t pick his KO song. Or if he did, maybe he wanted to go modern this time around? It´s an odd choice for a KO.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

To think Rachel/Bradley would've gotten Blake's steal if Nick didn't choose the contestant who downright lost the battle.

I think Nick probably "should" have picked Andrew based on what we saw (should isn't the right word, but y'all know what I mean), but it's possible that he was aware of Raine's medical condition at the moment and wanted to reward what she'd done right in rehearsals / the blinds. That sounds more reasonable than picking solely on the blind when Andrew did the best job. I actually think it might have been a smart move if Raine weren't going through this for her knockout as well and were able to get a great song choice. I feel sad that Raine was forced into this situation, but at least she and Andrew got through to the next round. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I was today years old when I found out that Brandy and Snoop Dogg are cousins. Funny how they were both on the same season of The Voice lol 😂

Cousins?!  I never knew that!  Which of their parents are siblings?

4 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Where the knockouts better then last season? From sources opinions and the results? What do y’all think?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. People tend to say these things but when the knockouts air, they'll say, they're underwhelmed 👻. Thing is that the sources might've different taste or something, so just don't get your hopes up people.

I've enjoyed S19 tbh, I've LOVED Desz's, Cami's, Sid's, Julia's, Ryan's KO performances (even Carter and Chloe's, etc.). But, since I have much more favorites this season, I think I will like it, no matter what, I just won't set any standards to avoid disappointments.

2 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Who do y’all think the couples are this season??

I think one of them is Ethan and Rio!!! 😍

I'm sure you had no ill intentions, but I don't think this kind of speculation is appropriate or respectful to the contestants. Thanks for understanding 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. People tend to say these things but when the knockouts air, they'll say, they're underwhelmed 👻. Thing is that the sources might've different taste or something, so just don't get your hopes up people.

I've enjoyed S19 tbh, I've LOVED Desz's, Cami's, Sid's, Julia's, Ryan's KO performances (even Carter and Chloe's, etc.). But, since I have much more favorites this season, I think I will like it, no matter what, I just won't set any standards to avoid disappointments.

I think KOs will be better this season, but either way, it's still going to be enjoyable! I'm sure everyone will find at least one performance they like, and most people will probably find many. I personally look forward to getting to hear more solo performances from these artists! The battles are cool, but even sometimes my favorites put together don't create the best battles (Carolina vs. Rio, both excellent singers, but the arrangement/song was a little "cluttered" iyk what I mean?). Can't wait to see what comes next!!

5 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

I think it’s cute...look at Brennan and Brennen!! 🥰

Well, Brennan and Brennen confirmed that they were dating. That's different than guessing whether two people are dating, which may make them feel uncomfortable. 

Edited by QueenCami

5 hours ago, snoopy2003 said:

Who do y’all think the couples are this season??

I think one of them is Ethan and Rio!!! 😍

Rio has a boyfriend, and it isn't Ethan. They, along with Carolina, Rio, Gih, etc. (the young artists this season) are good bunch of friends.

... but I don't think this is an appropriate topic. It meddles with the personal lives of the artists, which isn't good, especially since Rio and Ethan's still a minor. Their love life is off-limits imo, that's like one of their private stuffs in life. I know you don't mean anything bad at all, but let's just avoid these types of private information from these artists.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

most people will probably find many

I'm probably gonna be one of them, I mean looking at my signature, I have waaay too many faves this season (but ofc I'm most hyped up for Gih, Andrew, and Gean's KO performances ;))

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I'm probably gonna be one of them, I mean looking at my signature, I have waaay too many faves this season (but ofc I'm most hyped up for Gih, Andrew, and Gean's KO performances ;))

Ooh, I'm looking forward to Carolina, CamLIndsay, Zania, Gihanna, Zae, Corey, Raine, Savanna, Dana, Rio, Anna Grace, Victor, Ryleigh, Avery, JMY, Pia, Rachel, and Kenzie, with the bolded ones being the ones I'm super super hyped for! 

• Like 2